Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another great friend!


Keeping with the theme of introducing friends from time to time on my page, here's Kimmy!! She was in Florida with her family over 4th of July weekend to visit friends and took a day trip to Discovery Cove where she got to swim with the dolphins.
I met Kimmy because our hubbies work together. And let me tell you, she is a sweetheart! Very kind. And has a great sense of humor! But how else do we get thru all the family dramas without being able to laugh. Kimmy is one of the few people I know who really loves her job too. She's a school bus driver and has been for many years. While she has a little time off in the summer, she always looks forward to getting back to work in September. Driving a good bit of the day in New Jersey traffic with a bus full of little kids..... OMG, this woman must be a saint to love it so much!!! The four of us get together occasionally and either go out to dinner or meet at their place and eat in. She's a terrific Italian cook!
Seeing the photos of her and hubby in the Dolphin lagoon makes me lean a little more toward the Florida trip. She said that it's one of those things that if you are even considering you should absolutely do it once!

9 comments:

  1. does Kimmy read your blog? Hi Kimmy!

    I have wanted to do the swim with the dolphin thing for so long. I think they are the neatest creatures, and the way they try to protect humans gives me tingles up my spine. In all these trips I've organized there is almost always a dolphin swim activity offered - and they always say "no pregnant women". I thought this was because of some danger to the mother-to-be. Nope - it turns out that the reason they don't want pregnant women to participate is because the dolphins are totally fixated on the pregnant woman and protecting her, and no one else will get any dolphin time. Is that cool or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things to do in Florida. I have been wanting to go to Discovery Cove for so long. It really looks like she was having a great time. If you need any suggestions of things to do in Florida, I am here to help.

    Good luck in your decision making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to go to Discovery Cove!!! I've always wanted to do the "swim with the dolphin" thing!! But when we were in the Keys, I got scared and didn't do it. Sad but true. GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to watch someone do that in Orlando, but I kept remembering the King of the hill episode where hank was violated by a dolphin so I chickened out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, That looks like alot of fun. More than fun.Sounds like a nice couple to have as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool picture. and Kimmy sounds like a complete doll!! :)

    I'd love to go swim with the dolphins, but i think it is pretty pricey... for a family of 5 it might be too much right now... but maybe by the time we actually get to FL to vacation we'll have the money!! :)

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiwa, There's only one girlfriend who occasionally reads my blog (not Kimmy) that I know of anyway. I haven't given the link out to many people that I know. I ramble on enough when we get together so I'm sure they wouldn't want to read me all the time too. LOL
    I hope I get to swim with them some day, even if not on this trip.
    Heather, thank you so much for offering to help. We're so undecided. The Florida trip sounds nice but because our son isn't coming (he's 15) maybe we would feel guilty to do all those activities by ourselves?? And while I can do a beach or two, it's not something I love all day. So we'd need activities to keep my interest up.
    Bichonpawz, I read there were a couple places down there to do the swim. Discovery Cove is just more local to the Disney stuff I guess. Hey, I can understand people getting a little weird about it. They are powerful creatures and there is an intelligence about them that might be too intense for some.
    Hammer, I haven't seen that show. But I will try and find it on youtube, I'm sure it's hilarious. LOL
    Debi, it's not an activity that I would have thought Kimmy's hubby would have been into but he really loved it as well.
    Jennifer, she really is sweet. And YES, it's pricey!! A few hours at the Cove, which includes some food I think, and a basic swim of 15-30 mins. with a dolphin or two is almost $300.00 per person. AND because you cannot take your camera into the dolphin lagoon part of the park there are professional photogs there who get all the neat shots of you interacting with them. I think our friends' package was another $100.00 or so. So yeah, with a family, it's a very expensive trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh....... jealous! I have always wanted to do this, every since watching Flipper when I was little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jules, I KNOW!! Doesn't it look like such a great time!! Some day.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!