Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The DETOUR and why I'm wearing my fat clothes

It's HUBBY'S fault.
He sent me on an errand, just to get him a few gallons of paint.

I wasn't looking for trouble.


Trouble FOUND me.



First, a few playful nymphs surrounded my car. They were trying to get me to go somewhere else on the way home. I resisted. Really, I did!!


Then HERCULES appeared. He lifted my car up and carried it to a small parking lot. And when a strong Roman God takes you by force, you must surrender.





I really don't remember what happened next. What, where am I??

But a package ended up in my car. ??

DANG IT, that witch at the counter put a string around the box so I couldn't get into it very easily. Is doing 70 in a 25 okay if you really, really need to get home FAST??

Well, wouldn't you drive like a wild maniac for one of these..........




I thought so.

The coffee is on, you coming over or what??


12 comments:

  1. You're DARN right I would drive like a WILD MANIAC to get one of those!!!!!!

    (in fact THREE of those!!!)

    OMG...they look absolutely heavenly!!

    Do you know that I can actually SMELL them from here???

    I don't blame you in the least for stopping by Mc Millans, because if I had been there with you...I would have been pushing your foot on the gas pedal!!!

    And listen...I'll be right over. And I'll also bring the coffee!

    Hope you enjoyed every single bite!

    Have a great evening, M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what heaven looks like. Mmmmmmmmm i'd be driving like a bat outta hell to get home and get into THAT box!! :) Really tho, it is your husbands fault, if he would have just gotten the paint himself, none of this would have happened... LOL

    Now Im hungry for sweets! I think I will put on my 'Eatin' Dress and drive down to the local bakery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shows what a strong woman you are that you didn't go face first into the box on the way home. I would have.

    I'll be over shortly - save... oh hell, I'll just go get my own box and bring it over. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I will be right there. save me one, errr I mean 4, yeah 4 will do. hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is a bakery near me that I must avoid driving past or all bets are off

    my mouth is watering!

    I'm so sorry I forgot to remind you about Ruby Tuesday. I meant to and then got all caught up in Columbus Day fever (not really) I will try again next week

    go back to the bakery and get red velvet cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn M! I would have had at least ONE of those things eaten by the time I got half way round the block! Those things look heavenly!! And yeah....tell him to get his own paint next time!! I wish I could join you for a cup of coffee....wonder how long it would take me to drive there...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look delicious! I'd gladly bring coffee and REAL milk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last week I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. I gave half to my son Joey. I think I ate most of the rest. And just to be sure I put back on that fat I lost I bought Cady a large box of Eggos for school days breakfast in a hurry. She didn't want them. I don't need to tell you who ate them and how much butter she uses now do I? OINK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. um... i hope i'm not too late... i hope i didn't miss them... they look so yummy.

    i'm on my way! :)

    YUMMO!!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by.

    Hope you all have a great week! :) M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!