Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just catching up.....

Hello everyone!

I think my 2 year blogiversary was on the 12th. I had half-heartedly started to make mention of it and then deleted the post. I don't update here often enough to have a celebration.... so let's just move on .....
What's new and exciting you ask??

My family is doing well. Hubby is still growing his hair to donate sometime soon to 'Locks of Love'. It will be his 3rd donation. My son has joined the soccer team for his high school. Hopefully, 11th grade won't be too hard on me.... he's 16... I miss when he was a wee little one building Lego worlds and being shy. Where do the days go? My daughter's pregnancy is going better. She was horribly sick for a couple of months but that has passed and we're now patiently waiting for October or whenever baby Sierra Lynn makes her arrival. I haven't shopped for anything yet but saw a few very cute pink sleepers at the Mall recently. I might have to go back there and get them!

I have been practicing Reiki more often. My Master asks her students to do self-sessions for 21 days and for 1 hour each day before taking her Level II class. It took me a little while to commit to the sessions each day but now I am doing better and have completed her request. Hopefully the end of next month my friend and I will get the next set of attunements. I've been enjoying the experience of it all since April and feel I'm ready to continue on.

I'm also very interested in taking some Reflexology classes. Since having some treatments from a friend of mine who's been practicing for almost 25 years, I do feel that there is a positive benefit to it. My hubby bought me a small hand exerciser so that I can slowly build some strength in my fingers in preparation for training. I haven't actually figured out where I'll go for lessons or how far I'll go with it but for now, it's a big interest of mine.

The tattoo healed very quickly with very little pain or peeling afterwards. It's been itchy though. Hubby is more than happy to rub a little lotion on it for me as I cannot reach it myself too well.

This updated picture just shows the size and color better. The one picture on the last posting and on my Facebook page made it look so huge, like it took up my whole back, and the colors appeared much bolder that first night under the bright lights at the salon. So this is a better picture. Still a very nice size and color. I do love it.


In other news....

A friend of mine seems to be mad at me for something. If and when I manage to get her on the phone she's very quick with me and not interested in chatting. Of course it could be something else that is bothering her..... but you sometimes just get a feeling it's you. And I get that feeling. I haven't wanted to actually ask her what I said or did. It's been this way since the night I called her all excited I'd got the tattoo but that may or may not have anything to do with it. She was quick to get off the phone and hasn't called me since. And she's the type of person that will call and call if she wants to tell you something or chat. I suppose I'll address it eventually.

Very little contact with hub's family. Since the drama back the beginning of the year, I've only seen my in-laws once or twice. Mumsie has been dealing with a swolen hand that got very painful and still has not completely healed. My hubby has visited but they don't seem to want too much of anything social and they don't call us. At one point she had shut herself in her bedroom and the family got a little worried she wasn't going to snap out of it but now seems to slowly be getting a bit better. I know how it is to live with pain and discomfort from the herniated discs so I can imagine she is frustrated. Where I've tried alot of different things to get some release from my condition (some days I'm happy with the results and some days I get little relief) she became withdrawn with hers and neither of us are completely well but yet cannot comfort each other. I offered to go and visit... try to put what happened between us behind us.... hubby said no. Sometimes I might challenge him with things. With this I will not.

What I'm reading:

Actually, I've put 'Elizabeth & Mary'... cousins, rivals, Queens....on hold for a bit because I fell into another from that time period called 'The Six Wives of Henry the VIII' and that's really interesting!

Music:

I've re-discovered some cd's in my collection. Lately, one featuring the Pipa (a Chinese lute-like instrument) played by Wu Man has been getting some play time.

We were going to try and plan a small family vacation for the end of this year. That's on hold for now. Even though we aren't in big debt, we had applied for a loan recently and due to some changes with our credit union, we have not been accepted for the line of credit yet. Not sure how things will shake out with that just yet so we're not making any specific plans. Since our anniversary is on Thanksgiving this year, maybe we'll just do a local weekend getaway?? Sometimes, those are the most fun!

Hope things are all good with you and yours. Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. Well you certainly made up for your absence with this post! :)

    You must be so excited about the impending arrival of your granddaughter - go buy those pink things now!

    Reiki can take up a lot of time but it's worth it and I'm sure when you do Reiki 2 you will be so glad you put in the time. Also the self treatments will benefit you obviously. :)

    I hate it when a friend gives the impression I have done something wrong, I have to ask - I'd rather know than worry about it and it's usually nothing at all to do with me when it all comes out. Ask your friend and stop fretting. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with akelamalu, go buy the pink things - and another color too. I have noticed that my Hope is often a blur of pink :)

    the tat is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
    I so admire you for doing what you want

    don't let family drama suck you in, you know I know a bit about that - just as I do about pain

    and it often isn't easy

    happy 2 years+
    it's not the frequency of posts that count, it's the quality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubs is a wonderful man! My daughter donated her hair to Locks of Love before her chemo. It's such a beautiful thing to do.

    I'm seriously in love with your new ink! I think it's gorgeous!

    Positive thoughts to your daughter will be sent and for healing whatever is going on with your friend.

    Congrats on your 2 year "blogiversary!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi M!

    First, CONGRATS on your 2 year blogiversary!!!

    OMG...you and I have had our blogs almost the same amount of time. My 2 year is coming up next month. Gosh...time FLIES!!!

    Glad to hear about what's going on with Reiki and I'm SOOOOOO excited to hear about your interest in reflexology...you GO, girl! Look up Massage Schools in your area on the Internet, because sometimes they offer a separate class in specific modalities, such as reflexology. This way you can get your certified hours of training without having to take the whole massage course. That's what I did while I was living in Florida.

    Hey...your tatto looks AWESOME! Great choice. And the colors are spectacular!!!

    WOW...I can't believe your daughter is almost ready to have her baby!!! I can remember when you first let us know about her pregnancy, it seems like yesterday.

    Anway, neighbor...thanks for catching us up on what's going on in you life. I love when you post.

    Enjoy your evening!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow, girl! You covered like a whole year in one perfect post! So glad to hear that things are better for your daughter and that your tattoo has healed just fine. Family drama sucks. I hate it! But, we all have to deal with it! There are times it is really easier to ignore it. We are still on our road trip and I'm not blogging much...just posting pics. Man, M, I just love it out here in South Dakota!! Sooooo much to see and do! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You tattoo looks so cool. The colors are amazing.

    With the friend, I might be inclined to just ask her how everything is. She might need someone to do that. You never know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!