Yesterday, I threw my daughter a baby shower at PF Changs China Bistro. She was very surprised and it seemed like everyone had a nice time. We've been to that restaurant quite a few times. The service is great and the food is consistantly very good. It's my daughter's favorite place to eat so why stress about my small house not being big enough to fit everyone, or having to clean and cook until I fell over. Having a party at a restaurant is WONDERFUL!!! And quite frankly, it wasn't all that much more expensive and certainly ALOT less work. I ordered some appetizers for the tables and having already spoken with the manager ahead of time, they knew I had chosen the 'lunch bowl' menu. Our guests got a choice of about 9 dishes, and each one came with a bowl of soup and choice of rice. Water, soda, tea and coffee on us of course... but anyone wanting a bar drink paid cash themselves. My future son-in-law was generous to pay for the cake and my sister made favors with pink tulle and mints.
The gifts were all very sweet and nice and now we're just awaiting Sierra's arrival sometime mid-October.
I have pictures to share with you.... but for some reason I only get a bleeping sound when I click on the 'Add Image' button here at blogger. On some blogs I have been unable to leave comments too... I get that same bleeping sound. And on my home page, I can read my emails but cannot get into any clickable links. Do any of you know what could be the trouble??????
Well, until I can figure this out, or someone sends me info on how to correct the problem.... just picture a pretty girl opening lots of gifts with pink wrappings. I sooooo miss not being able to add the visuals to my blog page. HELP!!!!
It all sounds lovely! Shame you can't put the photos up. I have no idea what the problem may be but I hope someone can help you then we get to see the photos. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great time. Sorry to hear about your photos not being able to upload. It sounds to me like it my be your firewall settings. Maybe you have adjust the permissions. It could be your popup blocker as well. And also are you using IE or Firefox or what? Do a search for can't click on links there are a lot of answers out there. I was going to put a link here for you but there are just too many. :)
ReplyDeleteHi M!
ReplyDeleteFirst....HAPPY SHOWER!!!!!
OMG...your lunch at PF Changs sounded awesome! Your guests had a choice of 9 dishes? WOW...how abundant!! God, being a Libra I probably would have sat there for and HOUR trying to figure out which dish I wanted, and then lunch would have been OVER!
HA!
Sierra. What a beautiful name! oooo...and if she's born in mid-October she'll probably be a LIBRA. Or if late, she will be a SCORPIO.
Gosh, I wish I could help you with the photo trouble you're experiencing. Sometimes I have issues with uploading photos too, but it usually fixes itself after a few tries. I don't know whether you have Vista on your new computer, but I do and sometimes it screws up my connection with IE and cuts me off when I'm writing a post.
I used to know a way to actually place images into the HTML coding in a post, but I've forgotten how to do or I would surely share it with you. Hopefully, blogger will correct this error soon because if you're having issues, other people must be having issues too.
Anway, M....thanks for sharing this post with us. I enjoyed it!
Hasn't the weather been GRAND? I actually had to sleep with a t-shirt on last night! LOVE IT!!!
Enjoy your evening!
X
Hi mary!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like an awesome event! We ate at PF Changs last weekend. I love their curried vegetables and tofu! By the way, our birthing stories sounded so similar. I had something called cervidil and it made the contractions HARD for hour after hour. They tried to give me an epidural but it wouldn't take. My husband passed out.
I LOVE PFChang's!!! One of my most favorite restaurants!!! So glad the shower worked out well for you....I think they go out of their way to make the customer happy! Love the name, Sierra too!! I'm sorry I can't help with the photo problem...mine's working right now...perhaps a firewall problem?
ReplyDeleteI love the name Sierra! I'm so excited for you
ReplyDeleteI hope the PC is behaving better now