Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Holiday pictures

Towards the end of the holiday season we're all tired. The saying "it's a dog's life" is certainly evident around here.

Yes, I realize what a strange picture this next one is. We got this funny gift, and we call him 'penis bong man', for a friend of ours when we were in Mexico in '08 but didn't have the chance to give it to him until Christmas of this year. He got a good laugh out of it and it's a good possibility that he will use it too.
Everyone has their own way of decorating for the holidays. I guess this is a Merry Christmoose?? It's on the family room wall at my SIL's house.


My nephew is in the Navy so I don't get to see him alot, but he was able to make the drive down and visit for Christmas. He brought his girlfriend too. She's cute and sweet. He'll be deployed again in February for about 6 months so we were all very happy see him.


On Christmas Eve our daughter and her family came over for a casual dinner and gift exchange. Alex sure had fun!


So many new things to play with and learn about.



My daughter and her fiance on Christmas morning.



Warm holiday glow. I've used ALOT of tealights lately!



On Christmas morning we went to my daughter's house. Little Sierra has a wonderful Uncle! My son is very gentle and loving with his niece and nephew.




Three generations. My grandson, my son, my husband.



My grandson looked so handsome in his new red sweater!



Holiday excitement could hardly be contained!



On New Year's Eve we had a few friends over. Assorted snacks and drinks. Fun games. Good music. And Ollie, right in the middle of it all. He is a very needy dog. A little neurotic too. And he likes to sit on chairs sometimes. We love our pets as much as we do our friends and family so we let join in on the fun. Don't worry though, the champagne and beer weren't for him.




A friend of ours who really gets into fireworks brought a few small sparklies for the midnight celebration.



Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy new year filled with everything you are wishing for. Peace and LOVE to you all. xoxo

7 comments:

  1. What great holiday pictures, Mary. You have such a nice family. I hope all went well with the extended family issues you were having too. A wonderful and happy new year to you! xo, O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like you all had a great time!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy New Year M to you and your family....beautiful pictures!!! I'm a bit behind in my blogging! Must catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...the "Penis Bong Man" CRACKED ME UP!!!!

    That's hysterical!!!!

    I've never seen a bong like that!

    WONDERFUL photos, M!

    I can't get over how much you and your daughter look alike. You're like mirror images of one another.

    The shot of your son and Sierra is so sweet. You can tell, just from his "energy" in the photo how gently and loving he is. Sierra is such a little doll!

    What a nice holiday you and your family had! Gosh...I can hardly believe that it's over - it they flew by so fast.

    Anyway, my friend...I want to wish you and your family a BEAUTIFUL 2010!

    It's been such a pleasure getting to know you these past years. And I look forward to many more!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lord, I sure hope you take a hit from the top of the bong man and not from his nether regions!

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys had such a great holiday! Doggie looks so happy in the very realistic party hat. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. greetings. just stopping in from ron's place saying hello to as many as i can and to see who you are. ron just showcased my photo blog and i read you like taking photos as well.

    i've seen something similar to the penis bong man, but wow. interesting. who would think to carve such a thing but a man. they just love their things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!