until Christmas!!!!!! Wow!!
Since it's my favorite time of year... I go shopping just as soon as the bank account allows. I would say, on average, there are about 25-30 people on our gift list so starting early is a good thing! We don't go overboard (okay, our kids are a little spoiled) but just try to make each gift appropriate for the person. For instance, one I thing I picked up already was the "The Tudors", Season 1. My girlfriend and her husband have never seen it but they into that type of thing, so I know they are going to love it! It held my interest for all 4 seasons! Great show! So... for under $30... it's a perfect gift.
Another item I bought already was a board game for two other friends of ours. We get together for game night whenever we can so something new to play will be alot of fun!
The nieces and nephews are getting gift cards.... again. Now that they are older, it's hard to know what their latest interests are so a gift card that can be used practically everywhere is much better than an itchy sweater that probably wouldn't fit. Kids don't usually like getting clothes from the Aunt and Uncle anyway, right! LOL I get the Visa cards at our bank with no fees and they are in a nice box with a ribbon. How easy is that?!
A couple restaurant gift certificates for the 'rents, a calendar or two, a few toys for friends' grandkids, chocolates, bottles of wine, etc. Some things I've gotten already, some still need to be purchased but atleast the process has begun. I know there are alot of people who have to wait until the last minute to do their shopping, or maybe they like the hustle and bustle when it gets closer to the holiday, but I like to finish the bulk of our shopping early.
Here are a couple things I got for our grandson. This dinosaur puzzle looks like fun! It's made of large, study pieces and you put it together on the floor.
Anything educational is always a good idea! Since he is going to pre-school, a Leap Frog Scribble and Write will help him along as he learns to draw letters.
So if you celebrate the holidays with gift-giving, do you have alot of people to shop for and what types of gifts do you like to give?
Hope you are all having a great weekend! The weather is absolutely gorgeous here!


Oh boy....thank you for reminding me, 41 days until Christmas!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG...before you know it, it'll be here!
Being in retail, I've been looking at Christmas decorations, gift sets, cards, stocking stuffers since the end of September. The store I work got their Christmas stuff very early this year. In fact, every year it seems to get earlier and earlier.
Hey, I LOVE your idea about gift cards. I gotta be honest, I would much rather get gift cards so I can use them to purchase whatever I want. Last year I got several, and ended up buying some things that needed replacing, such as a new cordless phone!
LOVE the two gifts you already got your grandson - how COOL are they? I love puzzles!
Each year, I only really buy gifts for two people (my mother and brother), so it's pretty easy for me. Yipeeeee!
Yes, hasn't the weather here been gorgeous? It almost feels like we're moving into Spring instead of Winter. However, you know me, I can't WAIT for our first snowfall!!
Have great rest of your weekend, M!
X
I always do my Christmas shopping early, in fact I have done it already. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to get mine done too M! You got some great gifts!
ReplyDeleteBUSY time of year!!