1. What two colors do you think look the best together? For me, it depends on the items in question. If we're talking clothing, I like black and probably any other color together. Black and white is nice crisp look, black and turquoise are dramatic together. If it's wall colors, I'd never go with black or white. In my house, we have red/gold in the bedroom, purple/lavender in the living room. As for jewelry, I love the look of silver and turquoise and also silver and black. A shameless plug here for a new blog I'm planning to start... Designs by MC... to feature all my jewelry and card creations. No need to remind me that I don't update the blogs I have now often enough to start a new one... but I really should get more involved with this business I keep saying I have.
Darlings, I dressed as frumpily then as I do now. :( Yes, yes, I know... you're saying... oh honey, you're fabulous no matter what you wear. And I agree. *wink* But I've just never been much of a fashionista. In high school, I wore mostly cordouroy pants... eeek ...and yes, there were a few plaid blouses in the closet, dare I admit it. Okay, sure I had a few somewhat stylish tops if 'The Gap' happened to be running a great sale and I could get mom on board with buying a few, but for the most part my wardrobe was plain. Ooh, can't forget the concert tees. And I wore a type of earth shoe. Eh, maybe all that was just typical of late 70's fashion.
So here I am not too long after graduation on a trip to Cali. Yeah, I think I'm wearing my (now hubby) then boyfriend's Member's Only jacket. Soooo 80's!
So here I am not too long after graduation on a trip to Cali. Yeah, I think I'm wearing my (now hubby) then boyfriend's Member's Only jacket. Soooo 80's!
Since my hair is naturally very wavy I spent countless hours with the blowdryer smoothing it out to more of a feather or used the curling iron for that one good curl along each side of the face. Luckily, I never really had acne. But I made up for that with always seeming to carry a few extra pounds.
3. Do you know anyone born on your half-birthday? That would be May 23rd. Personally, I don't think I know anyone born on that day. In the world at large, I looked it up and both Joan Collins and Artie Shaw were born on 5/23. I'll have to remember to celebrate this year! Since I love my regular birthday so much, the half day could be quite enjoyable as well. Here's a little something by Artie for your musical enjoyment. Reminds me of my parents. :)
4. Show and Tell: What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Unfortunately, this photo gave me the thought that it's somewhere a sniper might hide, or it's in a country at war and it's a bombed out building. Sad, huh? Maybe you can come up with something a little more pleasant.



LOVE the bracelet! I agree...I like black and silver together. It's classic, simple, and goes witht everything.
ReplyDeleteOMG...I had a Members Only jacket too. They were sooooo popular in the 80's. Mine was black.
And can I just tell you how much I enjoyed listen to that video of Begin The Beguine? It was one of my father's favorite on his Artie Shaw LP!
Hope you had a great Monday. Enjoying this warm and rainy weather we're having? I heard it's suppose drop down into the 40's later this week. March and April can be very weird, can't they?
Have a super week!
X
I love the bracelet and I agree black and silver look fantastic together. I like turquoise and brown together - I have a dark brown leather corner unit accessorised with turquoise and brown patterned cushions.
ReplyDeleteI made a lot of my clothes when I was in my late teens - mostly anything that was in fashion. When I look back now I'm horrified! LOL
The last pic made me think of cemeteries in Spain with those holes in the wall where they place people's ashes. :0
The bracelet looks fabulous! I have always been jealous of wavy hairs! My hair is as straight as can be and i have to wash it daily coz it gets oily and nasty looking:( Thanks for the visit:D Enjoy the rest of the week:D
ReplyDeleteahhhhh big hair!!
ReplyDeleteI had, and often still have, big hair
and it's hard to control
I usually look like a drunk country singer
I thought of a sniper too
what does that say about us? ;)
I must agree with Diane...on the Big Hair thing and the sniper thing...I think it is the world we live in today. I love your taste in color for rooms...seeing as my office is done in different shades of purples!! Love the black and silver jewelry too!!
ReplyDelete