Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy Blogiversary to me!

FOUR years ago I started this blog.  If you are a regular visitor then you know there's never been any particular theme here.  I might post every couple of days or not for a month or more.   I love photographs so there are always alot of those here of family, friends, vacations (although I think there has only been one of those in the last few years), day trips, other assorted happenings, etc.  I might ramble on every now and then about a pet peeve or political annoyance, but overall, I think this is a happy blog.  It's been good fun over the years to connect with different people. 

If you've been stopping by here for awhile .... THANK YOU!!  I appreciate all of your comments.  I know a couple of you respond to each and every comment that you receive on your blog, some of you send an email response, others never respond at all.  I'm a combination of all those things.  I've tried to keep up with responding to comments but I'm never really sure that anyone ever checks on that anyway.  The blogs I visit where I know the author responds, I try to go back and read some of the follow-ups but because I have a couple of blogs, a FB page, an Etsy page, and a couple of email accounts in addition to life outside of Computerland there just isn't always time.  But just so you know, I do read all of your comments and love getting them.

If you visit here and don't comment .... maybe today, since it's my blogiversary, you would be willing to say HELLO!  

In other news.... I'm getting ready for a jewelry party this weekend I'm busy with all the preparation for that.  I have some older items to clean, some new items to price, cards and envelopes to package.  I picked up a few small gifts for the games that we'll play and bagged them.  Wash is on the list too so I'll have something to wear.  And if I get to the spaghetti that I promised hubby I'd make today, he'll have leftovers to eat while I'm selling the jewels.

While thinking about what else I could include in this post I wondered if I ever shared pictures of the tattoo I got last summer.  I know it's on my FB page but I couldn't remember if I said anything about it here.  

The artist, Mike.  Fabulous!  I chose him because after doing a little research I thought he could give me what I wanted. 


I was very satisfied with the end result.  I have adored Geisha for as long as I can remember.   This photo was from about 2 weeks after the work was done. 

This is just me playing with the photo program. 

What do you think about tattoos?  Do you have any?  If not, would you ever get one? 


Hope you have a wonderful weekend, filled with everything that makes you smile!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary, Mary! Your tattoo is beautiful. No, I have never thought of a tattoo because I change way too much. Something meaningful to me today would be meaningless in a decade...but I enjoy seeing them on others...xoO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT those shoes!!! Fabulous!! Congratulations on your Blogaversary M!!! I always look forward to what you have to say...but I sure do hear you...there is never enough time to get everything done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogversary Mary!

    I do have a tattoo - an orchid on my shoulder blade. Yours is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia, for many years I didn't much like tats. My daughter wanted one when she was younger and I told her that I would neither pay or sign for it, she'd have to wait until she could do it on her own. She started getting them after she turned 18 and has probably 12-15 of them assorted places and styles.
    It was only a few years ago that I started to think about getting one. It took awhile for me to actually decide what I'd want to get and where, but I'm glad I did. It's on my upper back, about the size of a cd, and is of a lotus flower with the OM symbol in the center. On my FB page if you haven't seen it.

    Bichonpawz, I wish I could get another pair of those shoes!! They are about 10 years old and now starting to come apart. I wore them last year but not this year as I don't think they'de make it. I still look around sometimes but I don't see that type any more. And they were fairly comfy too! Some stuff should just never go out of style, ya know!?

    Akelamalu, thanks! Do you have a picture of yours posted here or at FB? I'd love to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coming to visit here! You've been one of my loyal contacts for a while and I love when you come for a visit. I love the ink. I have two small tattoos; a yin/yang on the inside of my left ankle and a chinese symbol for clarity on my right hip bone which nobody can see. Breen and I keep talking about getting matching ones. Just looking at your photos makes me want another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY FOURTH BLOGIVERSARY TO YOU M!

    Hip-hip hooray!!!!!!

    And as you know, I've been following you since almost the beginning. I can STILL remember you coming over to blog and leaving your very first comment and knew we were kindred spirits! It's been an absolute joy getting to know you!

    Ooooooo....and you're having a jewelry party this weekend? You GO, girl! I bet you're gonna sell A LOT too!

    I ADORE your Geisha tat! It's gorgeous! And I love the last photo you created - INK. How fabulous is that?

    Have a great weekend, my dear friend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shows are fierce :)
    the tat is beautiful
    I still have the design I made of what I wanted nearly 20 years ago and every year as another birthday nears I swear I'm going to do it

    and then I don't

    maybe this is the year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary ~ Totally beautiful tattoo. I have eight in all and awaiting two to be covered up... Happy Blogversary...well done four years.
    ;)


    Indi


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. stopped by to say Happy Hurricane
    or something like that
    stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary. Long time no see me LOL. I miss you. Love your tat here. I only have one. I want more though. I just always spend the money on something for the baby.My kids are all pretty good about keeping our tat guy with pockets full of their money.My oldest son and his wife are both out of space I think,. They may have to put them on the kids if they want more.My dIL has her whole back in Oriental pics. Guess I need to get with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, I adore your blog! You are a talented woman! I think you and Breen should go for it and get some ink done together.

    Ron, thank you my dear! I remember early on, leaving a comment on your blog that was part of the dialogue to 'Goodfellas' when the one mob guy was talking about being funny. Do I amuse you? haha Good times at Vent, good times!

    Dianne, thank you!! YES, make this the year you do it. I wonder what the design is of. Ooooh... how intriguing.
    And I appreciated that you stopped back around the hurricane to leave word.

    Indi, 8, WOW. My daughter had one on her arm with an old boyfriend's name on it. Her husband now probably understood, it was from before they met, but I took her to get it covered up anyway.

    Debi, the oriental pieces on your DIL's back sounds interesting. It's a good thing that I don't have alot of extra $$ because I might be tempted to get more. Sometimes too many just looks junky. But I know with some people it's addicting. There aren't alot of other things I would really want that bad but I have thought that I'd like to add some cherry blossom branches and flowers to the Geisha. We'll see. If it's meant to be, it'll happen someday. I'm sure you enjoy sweet Bella much more than you would ink. You can admire that on others and just spend your extra on pretty girl. Loved seeing you visit here. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!