We took Alex to Philadelphia for a day of fun this past weekend. The line was long for Dickens Village but worth it. There's a tree decorated in all red right by the entrance. So pretty! Alex loves to pose for pictures. He wore his 'Angry Birds' green pig hat and got so many comments from people. Ron and I didn't even know who or what an angry bird was when we bought it for him at a craft fair a couple months ago.
He got to talk with Santa and tell him what he would like for Christmas... a Transformer Bumblebee. He said that he would try really hard to make that happen.
Pop Pop and Alex having some fun in Christmas Village.
Speaking of Christmas Village, if you live in Philadelphia or near enough to go you really should check it out! We have gone for the last few years and gotten ornaments for our tree. They have assorted arts, crafts, clothing, food and other goodies available from many different merchants. We have a couple ornaments that were painted in the Ukraine and I just picked up another one.
And I bought this one from another vendor.
As we continue trying to get ready for Christmas with assorted errands and decorating and cleaning we've managed to do a little furniture shopping too. We bought a new couch, chair, and mattress. They were all delivered today, however, the couch had a hole in the fabric on the front so they will bring another one the end of the week. Actually, they have to replace the leg of the chair too because that had some scratches on it. I don't know why they don't pack things better because rips and scratches could probably be avoided if they did.
I have wanted a chair for awhile but just never got around to looking for one. And I really didn't want to spend the $$ we paid for this one...why is everything soooo freaking expensive??.... but I do like it alot and we really don't need to eat next month after we gain weight on the holiday goodies anyway, right?

When the sofa arrives, it'll look like this. The pattern on the top of the cushions and a few of the pillows is the same as the chair.
I still have wrapping and baking to do, get the Christmas cards to the post office, and finish shopping but I'm hoping to come around for a visit soon. Hope you're all having a good week!






I freakin' LOVE the Angry Birds hat!! They even have Angry Birds dog toys now! How adorable! I would love to go and visit Philly, but we are sticking close to home for now...just got the Honda so you know how that goes! Beautiful furniture! I do not think we will ever be in the market for that again...we are just going to make do until we sell this place. Everybody is busy right now...don't worry....I will NOT delete you!
ReplyDeleteFirst, gorgeous ornaments and sofa!
ReplyDeleteThe Angry Birds thing cracks me up. I had never heard of them until this Xmas season. Now the damn things are everywhere....JCP, Best Buy, Macy's. You can't escape The Birds!
Do they make Alex's hat in an adult size because I want one! Looks like you had a great time. Love the new furniture you selected. I'm sweating bullets now just thinking about the new furniture we need for our new house. We're going from a small twin to a single home almost twice the size. And the furniture is just part of it; there's fencing for the outside, paint, etc. OMG.
ReplyDeleteGreat couch and chair!
ReplyDeleteAlex looks absolutely adorable. That hat is just too freakin' cute!
This time of year is rough for bloggers and readers, I'd NEVER delete you!
Oh man, the wife is all about the Angry Birds. Not sure if she'd dig a pig hat or a bird hat. Hmm...
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you back! Looks like your son managed to talk to a less creepy Santa than our son did this past weekend. :-)
That top picture of Alex by the train is awesome. Made me feel quite emotional. Love the hat too.
ReplyDeleteAlex looks so cute! Loving the decorations you bought and your new chair. :)
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to stop by to wish you and your family a VERY Merry Christmas, M!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photo of Alex!
And that chair is faaaaaaaabulous!
Enjoy your day tomorrow, dear friend!
Much X
Hi M! Stopping over to say Merry Christmas to you and your family!! xo
ReplyDeleteJeanne