Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I need a drink!

Greetings from Hell....

I feel like crappola... seeing the Doc tomorrow. 
If I didn't see another Doc a couple weeks for something else, I wouldn't be in a lousy mood about not feeling good now.  

My son broke his arm longboarding.  He's on the mend and will go back to work tomorrrow on light duty.... if they will accommodate him that way.  If not, he'll be a couch potato until the cast comes off and then look for another job.  He's dealing with it, but overall quite frustrated because he had been into weight lifting and playing guitar.  His band has a gig in 2 weeks.  He says he's playing it no matter what.... told me he'd cut the cast off for the show if he had to.  Maybe the ortho specialist heard him say that so he put him in a brace type cast that can come off, but ONLY very occasionally.   

My sister had surgery for breast cancer beginning of last week...lumpectomy and lymph node removal.  She's out of work for awhile and I've been going over when I can to visit and help with the dog and since she can't drive yet we went out yesterday to do some shopping.  She'll still have more chemo and radiation after the surgery heals.  Overall, she's doing very well.  Some of it has been hard to watch, let alone go through, so I'm really proud of her.

My mother-in-law had a stroke the end of last week.  She's in the hospital now.  There was some damage ... she's not able to talk alot and doesn't seem to understand everything but she refused an MRI so they aren't completely sure the extent of things.  The other tests revealed some possible problems so she's being monitored.

My husband is laid off from his job.  He's qualified for unemployment and has gotten some 'side' jobs to supplement, so it's not terrible and we're not starving.  But not being employed with a company right now means no money is going into his bennies or retirement.  Retirement???  Bwahaha!  The fund took such a hit a few years ago that he'll probably never get to retire.

My grandson is sick ... again.  He has strep throat and fluid in his ears and back on anti-biotics.  He has to see an ENT specialist but the hospital my daughter wants him to go thru is booked until June. 

Oh joy, one of the dogs just threw up something in the other room.  Guess I better go and find that lovely mess ....

Debby Downer signing off.


9 comments:

  1. Your post made me feel better, Mary. I was feeling sorry for myself--like Debby Downer myself--and then I read your post. I think we all have these times where it just feels like everything is going wrong and there is so much pain and life is just too much of a struggle. Just too much! I admire your courage and authenticity for blogging through it, because it is HARD! I have my own set of stuff and it makes me feel like I'm not alone. So hang in there, lady. I am telling you and myself that we have to have hope that things will get better and that somehow, someway, there will be a respite.

    Right now I SEE no respite, and I gave up drinking (so there's not even that!) but I'm not ready to give up hope yet, although it's tempting, right?

    Love to you, and blessings on your whole entire family, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's a lot on your plate, Mary!

    This year, for SO MANY people, has been a year of change and life altering experiences - a lot of challenging stuff.

    Between my mother getting sick and changes at work, I know a bit of what your experiencing. All I can say is thank God I have Reiki in my life because it has helped tremendously with the uncertainty and stress.

    Just know that I am including you and your family in my thoughts, prayers, and Reiki.

    ((((( You )))))

    X ya, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez!! How can so much happen during such a small timeframe? Yikes! Here's sending nothing but positive vibes your way.

    Glad to see you back blogging, even if it's to share bad news :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief Mary there's not much more can go wrong for your family is there?

    Sending you lots of positive vibes and oodles of Reiki - I hope things improve for you all soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry, Mary. Hope things begin an upward turn very, very SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, you are in my thoughts and prayers! That is so very much to be going through all at one time!! I will sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy too!! Hope things are looking up very soon!! xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy crap Mary!!
    what a lot to deal with
    I hope you're feeling better physically so you can handle all the stress
    hope the Dr. appt went well

    I hear ya about the retirement fund
    I have calcuated that I will need to work 5 year past my death ;)

    hang in there, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is said that into every life a little rain must fall but you have received a monsoon. Yikes.
    I know these don't help much but xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...that's a lot going on Mary! When it rains, it pours. Sending you lots and lots of cyber emotional sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!