Last Friday night we went to Atlantic City to see a show at the Borgata. The B-52s and Squeeze.
It was a general admission show so we got there early enough to grab a couple of seats but I boogied my way across the dance floor and down to the stage a couple times for pictures. The B-52s have been together (and touring) since the mid-'70s. I saw them once before. They are a fun, happy band.
I didn't take this video but it was cool to find it on YouTube because it's of the show we attended. Two of the original members, Fred and Kate, are both originally from New Jersey. For a couple of 60+ year olds, I think they've still got great energy.
We'd never seen Squeeze but knew alot of their old songs. Hey, I got pretty close, huh?!
Again, not my videos, but these are also from the show on Friday. We definitely enjoyed ourselves.
Do you go to concerts? Do you have a favorite band or type of live show you like to see?



WOW, M...what a GREAT night you had!!!!
ReplyDeleteOut of all the casinos in Atlantic City, the Borgata is my favorite!
Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the B-52's!!!! I had no idea that Fred and Kate are 60+!?! You're right, they've still got great energy and look faaaaaabulous!
Wonderful video clips of both bands.
Loved hearing "Tempted" again!
The photos you shot at the concerts are AWESOME!
*two thumbs up*
Thanks for sharing, neighbor!
X
Looked like and awesome show! I watched the B-52 concert they recently released on blu-ray. Yep, they still got it! One of the original party bands :-)
ReplyDeleteLooked like and awesome show! I watched the B-52 concert they recently released on blu-ray. Yep, they still got it! One of the original party bands :-)
ReplyDeleteBecause I live on an island I don't get to many concerts. I did see Elton John a couple of years ago and I have plans to go see Gordon Lightfoot but other than that I don't see many. My fiancé saw The Tragically Hip last weekend. I had to work.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great occasion. It's been too long since I was at a show like that. I was jigging around whilst the videos were playing so thanks for that.
ReplyDeleteI L.O.V.E. live shows! We went to see Fleetwood Mac last year and it was phenomenal!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a good show. I haven't visited the Borgata in years because I get distracted at the boardwalk. I have never attended a live music show other than some shows in Vegas. Blue Man Group and Mama Mia were fun.
ReplyDeleteyou did get close!!
ReplyDeleteI love the B-52s
That looks and sounds amazing! I just read the book, 'Letters to My 16 Year Old Self' (the one by 'famous' folks) and Fred has one in there. It's very Fred!
ReplyDeleteRon, we were very good and didn't gamble at all! The tix were reasonable, only $55 each, and parking was only $5. But we were going to get food on the way home too so losing 40 or 50 in a slot machine would have made me very grumbly. LOL
ReplyDeleteI think Fred is 61 and Kate is
64. Heck, I don't move that good now.
HT, I saw that concert on t.v., GOOD STUFF!
Birdie, the EJ show must have been amazing! I like him. Never heard of The Tragically Hip. I'll have to find a YouTube vid and check them out.
Valerie, most concerts are quite expensive these days so we don't too often. Since the price for these bands was reasonable we treated ourselves.
Akelamalu, I like FM! I'm sure it was awesome.
R.J. I think Blue Man is in Atlantic City this week. Caesars maybe. I saw part of the Mama Mia movie with Meryl Streep. The live show must have been really great.
Since we're only about an hour away from the shore, we can go to walk the boards anytime so Friday we didn't even go outside or gamble. Drove right into the parking garage, walked thru the casino to the Music Center and saw the show and right back home.
Dianne, we could have stood down by the stage all night since we were early enough to get a decent spot. My feet, back, neck, and every other aching thing said no though. So I danced like a wild woman in my seat and wandered down front only a few times.
Bijoux, I'm always looking for a good book so next time at Barnes I'll check that one out. Fred definitely seems like he'd be quite a character.
We love Atlantic City although we haven't been in YEARS!!! The B52's are great also!! You sure did get great pics though!! Most of the time if we go to hear a band...it is Tim McGraw or Faith Hill, or Martina McBride, or Sugarland...or the Eagles....or the Beach Boys. I'd love to see that new show Jersey Boys! My daughter went and she said it was SO GREAT!! Nice to see you hear M! Hope all's better for you girl!!
ReplyDeletexo
Jeanne