Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Photo assortment

Summer was fun for the kids!   My sweetest granddaughter enjoyed herself in the pool...
 
... and was very careful getting out.
 
 
My handsome grandson started Kindergarten this month!
(Unfortunately, his sister got sick recently and gave the infection to him so he's not happy and smiling at the moment but on the mend.) 
 
While waiting for the bus on the first day, Alex posed to show off his new hair cut... a fauxhawk. 
 
He sure likes his cool new Transformers bookbag!

And off he goes ... a new year of learning and growing awaits.
 
Hubby's garden did well this year.  He had a few varieties of tomatoes and peppers as well as cucumbers, zucchini, and a couple herbs. 
 
Isn't this basil gorgeous?!  It used to be my absolute favorite herb.  Lately though, it's been giving me some grief and I can't eat pesto by the spoonful anymore.  *sigh*
 
I'm still on a gluten-free diet.  One of the baking mixes I found is decent so I've whipped up blueberry pancakes a few times. 
 
 
Even though they are more time consuming to put together, I really like this style of necklace where the beads are connected with metal pins and chain rather than all strung on one long wire.   I've had those large olive looking beads for awhile and am glad I finally used them. 


I wish I could sneak into people's attics and go through their grandmother's jewelry boxes. It would be so fun to take apart old pieces of jewelry and make them into new pieces. It's a little out of my jewelry making comfort zone but I feel like maybe I need that challenge. Repurposed, altered, vintage, assemblage, rosary and religious jewelry .... I LOVE THEM ALL!!  Since I'm newer to those styles I don't have alot of supplies.   Flea markets and yard sales, here I come!  
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

    I was so eagerly anticipating your post, M!

    What GREAT photos!!!!!

    The one of Alex and Sierra is BEYOND precious! I can't get over how much the two of them have grown. I remember when they were both babies! Awesome shot of Alex and his new haircut. Also, the one of him waving out the bus window!

    And can I just tell you how impressed I am of Hubby's garden AND your basil??? Holy cow...that looks like one BIG bush of basil! Like you, I adore basil. It's truly my favorite herb because you can add it so many dishes. I love it on pizza especially.

    My mouth is watering, looking at those blueberry pancakes. YUM-MY! You really know how to make things extra-delicious looking.

    And as usual, your jewelry piece is stunning! I don't know how you come up with the clever and enticing ways you place your jewelry before taking pictures because they always look so professional!

    "Repurposed, altered, vintage, assemblage, rosary and religious jewelry .... "

    Ooooo...now that sounds great! I like the look of religious/rosary-type jewelry.

    Thanks for the update, neighbor! Hope you're enjoying this cooler weather as much as I am. Isn't it gorgeous weather?

    Have a great week!

    x



    ReplyDelete
  2. The waving from the bus picture is ADORABLE! It needs to be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your pictures M! Your grandkids have grown SO MUCH! Holy Cow...where on earth does the time go?? Your jewelry is beautiful! Those green beads are awesome!! I am really going to miss the Farmer's Market since it'll be closing in a couple of weeks. Your basil plant is amazing!! Hope all's well!
    xoxo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, Mary. Your grandchildren are adorable. Oh my, Alex will be a looker when he's older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the photos too. Our basil was big like that, but was too woody and leaves had a lot of bug holes. Love old jewelry and I think it's so cool when people refashion it into brooches and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Ron, if you knew how many times I *thought* about blogging, well, that should count atleast. LOL
    I did use the fresh basil on a GF pizza I made not too long ago. In small quantities I can still eat it. Some of hubby's peppers were sooooo hot! He eats them with everything. I can't touch any of them.
    Thanks for the compliments, especially about the jewelry. Photographing it can be a challenge at times but I like to play around and see what I come up with. My little pocket camera sure gets a workout! lol

    Hi Birdie, my darling Alex was so excited to go to school. Such a big bus for a little kid.

    Jeanne, thanks! I will miss Ron's garden delights but will NOT miss the mosquitoes at all. OMG, they have been VERY bad this year. They've even come in on the dogs and then fly around the house looking for more blood to suck. Bleh!

    Thanks, Valerie! Yes, they certainly are adorable. And just like their mommy when she was young, they don't mind posing for pictures. ;)

    Bijoux, Hubby's tomatoes didn't do as well as he wanted, they were splitting alot on top. We have thyme out there too, but it didn't grow like the basil.
    I look at some artsy pieces of jewelry online and am just mesmerized by the different components people use. Inspiration!


    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a big event in a child's life, starting school, it's great to see Alex looking so happy at the prospect. Sierra is so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Love that smile!

    And are those heirloom tomatos? There's nothing like a good heirloom, a pinch of salt, and some fresh baked bread. Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!