It's a good thing I take a lot of pictures! I can get you caught up on all that's been going on pretty quickly.
We stayed home for Thanksgiving, ordered the turkey from ShopRite, made assorted side dishes and enjoyed our family.
Here's Alex.... such a little ham, isn't he!?
My birthday was right after Thanksgiving. Hubby had the day off, and he knows how I love, love, love my special day so we went out and had fun. Here we are in National Park. Horns, really? Pfft... I'm really an angel. teehee
Shadow play on the beach.
National Park is a nice place to walk around or sit on one of the benches and enjoy the view and the day.
Before Christmas, my daughter took the kids to the mall for a visit with Santa. They were very happy and excited.... trying so hard to be good.
Three and five are perfect ages for a visit with Santa. Oh heck, who am I kidding... the last time I went to the mall, I stopped at center court and waved to him myself. How can you not, it's Santa! ;)
I was glad to find the time and energy to get our house decorated for Christmas. The silver tree in the next photo is out on our sun porch this year. Growing up, we had one and the light reflector that sat behind it. Years ago, as a gift, Ron ordered me this one from a seller on eBay. It's very old and not in perfect shape, but it reminds me of a part of my childhood so I really cherish it.
Here's Ollie, seeing Ron out front and waiting ... patiently... for him to come inside.
We got a new tree for our living room this year. Finally went with a pre-lit as hubby's getting tired of hauling our old one out of the basement and wiring each branch with lights. We had a few glitches before finding this one, but it's up, lit and doesn't take up as much space so we're happy with it.
I decided to put a tree up in our bedroom this year. The glow of the lights and all the red decorations was simply delightful. Well, that was until a section of lights in the middle of the tree decided to go wonky only a couple weeks after it went up. Pre-lit trees ... grrrr!
As I was decorating the house, Ollie started to act a bit odd. He's been staring at all the trees. And I don't mean just sniffing and checking things out ... he sits for long periods of time and just stares.
And stares ....
And stares ....
And stares ....
And stares ....
Hey, I'm all about a photo pop so I draped one of my scarves around him for his apparent prayer session. lol
Back to staring ....
My bling ring does draw some attention, especially from Ollie.
Rev couldn't care less about anything other than getting a nap.
Me and hubby at a Christmas party.
Ollie watching football with Ron. Vizsla's are famous for how clingy they are. Known as 'velcro' dogs, yes, we can attest to that.
We had some family over for Christmas Eve. Here's Alex getting some love from his great grandpop.
Sierra showing something to her great grandpop.
Our grand darlings love to play on the piano when they visit.
Sierra giving her uncle a hug.
My daughter isn't too old to play with dolls.
I love those sweet kids!!!
Hope you all enjoy a HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with love, good friends, strong health, positive thoughts and whatever brings you JOY!



























Those are some great pics! Looks like you made some special memories this holiday season :-) Great to have to back blogging!
ReplyDeleteAnd now I have a sudden urge for a turkey sandwich. Do you have any leftovers? ;-)
HAPPY NEW YEAR, M!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post because it catches us up with you from Thanksgiving to New Year's!
Faaaaaaaabulous photos! OMG...when I first looked at the photo of Ollie seeing Ron through the window, I actually thought it was a photo WITHIN a photo because of the frame on the window!
Your Christmas tree in the living was STUNNING! And the silver one with Ollie reminded me of the silver tree we had at one time when I was a kid.
LOVE the photo of him with the BUDDHA!!!!
Great recap of your holidays! That final photo of you with your grandchildren is PRECIOUS!
X and Cheers to you and your family in 2013!
P.S. aren't you lovin' this cold winter weather we're finally having?
Alex and the turkey leg could be an advertisement for turkey! Love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd Ollie! What a funny dog! Those pictures made me smile.
That's so funny about Ollie. Maybe it's the lights that get his attention.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a nice holiday season. May the new year bring you great things.
Loved all your pictures. Ollie looked as though he was enjoying his stare-outs. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteWow! Thank you for the great update and all the photos! I LOVE your silver tree! My earliest memory of Christmas is our family having one of those just like it! And Ollie staring at the trees and then everything else is a hoot. Happy new year!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year M! I just loved catching up with you on all of your holidays! Isn't it fun to take all kinds of pictures and then you can go over and over the memories?? Loved the ones of Ollie staring!! Perhaps he is looking for squirrels?? :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so wonderful to see you back here! I loved all the photos you shared. I can't believe how big your grandkids are now!!! Everyone looks so happy and healthy. Happy New Year!!!
ReplyDeleteI am loving all these pics you've shared.
ReplyDeleteA happy healthy, positive 2013 to you as well!
peace!
Listening to the soulful renderings of "John Nugent and Strings" as I immerse my Self in the lovely wonder of your Holiday Images has been a Gift for my Spirit. I am so grateful for your generous sharing of the Loves of your life.
ReplyDeleteLovingly,
Your faithful Friend and Servant,
John-Michael
I love all these photos! My personal fav are the ones of the dog staring! When our Christmas tree goes up every year my dog finds the need to rub her back against the bottom branches. Cant really figure out why but she looks like a cat slinking in and out of the tree. I guess dogs develop odd habits over the holidays!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with Ollie
ReplyDeletewhat a character he is
thanks for the holiday round-up, great moments to share