Even though that last post seems to imply something else, the truth is ... I'm eating just fine and am enjoying a good bit of this experience. No, not peri-menopause, that sucks... just the no bread, no cheese part. A new diet involves a lot of things, but giving up certain foods doesn't have to be negative. Actually, I don't really consider myself to be 'dieting' even though I use the word often. I've just made changes (hopefully long-term ones) to better my health. Overall, since going *almost* Paleo, I have less severe symptoms and my specialist is totally on board with what I'm doing. It's been 4 1/2 weeks now and I've lost about 6 lbs. but in all honesty I'm not on a specific exercise program so that loss came strictly from food changes. Not too shabby, eh? If I were faithfully working out, wow, I'd probably be down to a size 9 by now. Okay, okay, stop laughing bitches!
In all seriousness, there is no goal for size or numbers on a scale.
In all seriousness, there is no goal for size or numbers on a scale.
Anyway, here's the proof that I'm good and enjoying time in the kitchen ... maybe minus the cleaning up part. ha!
I made enough to share!
I like using our Ninja blender to make assorted fruit and veggie concoctions. Endless possibilities, some of them being a meal unto themselves.
Confession: At times, I throw a shot or two of Myers's Rum into the mix and toast those awesome Caveman ancestors. Not because they drank rum, I toss one back in honor of the Jamaicans for helping me do that, but I'm sure they had *something* for taking the edge off after a long day of hunting and gathering.
Occasionally, when the rum is gone (Why is the rum gone? Ha! She sassily quotes Cap'n Jack Sparrow.), I add Spirulina ... a blue-green algae that is said to help boost the immune system. Think anti-oxidant! It blends in pretty well and has little taste, atleast a teaspoon in a large smoothie doesn't change the taste much to me anyway.
Unfortunately, this photo doesn't look as good as the meal actually was. Homemade guacamole, sautéed veggies, roasted chicken. Large plate, very filling. I make a mean guac, too. Just sayin'...
Tuna salad, fresh crisp celery, more sauteed veggies with fresh carrots grated on top.
The other night, we went out for dinner and I had prime rib. I only ate half of the ladies cut, whatever that actually is. I'm guessing it's a smaller portion. Since I'm less strict about Paleo than most Paleo enthusiasts are, I ate half a baked potato. And let's not forget the sauteed veggies. Thank Ye Gods I like most of them. Except broccoli, because that does violent things to me. And garlic isn't always kind either. And mushrooms, while not fruit or veggie, I just don't like. So, no thank you to some, but to many, many other ones I say YES! Raw, grilled, sauteed, blanched, etc.
What is your favorite food/meal? Have you made anything yummy lately?
What is your favorite food/meal? Have you made anything yummy lately?






Okay, just the photograph of the chocolate covered strawberries alone, made my mouth water! Could you email me a few? HA!
ReplyDeleteEach and everyone of these dishes looks AMAZING! They look healthy, but also very tasty!
That smoothy/shake looks like a meal unto itself. Isn't spirulina the bomb? I used to make a 'green' drink that had spirulina in it and it instantly gave me a boost of energy. Right now I'm taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is an awesome antioxidant.
Glad to hear that you're enjoying Paleo and finding it effective. Like I shared in one of my previous comments, I've heard a lot of positive feedback about it.
My favorite food is ANYTHING Italian. Love it!
Have a faaaaaabulous Wednesday, neighbor!
X
I love pizza and lasagna...not healthy, huh? Fortunately, I dislike ice cream, chips, cheesecake, and loads of other fatty foods, so I think it evens out.
ReplyDeleteI've always hated milkshakes. Three sips and I feel bloated. So I've never made a smoothie for myself, though my girls like fruity ones.
I LOVE guacamole! On anything!
About every 6 months I order Chinese food. I love it! Mmmm.
ReplyDeleteI do like fruits and vegetables. A lot!
It looks like you're eating better than I am! And now you're making chocolate covered strawberries? So, um...when can the Mrs. and I come by to partake?
ReplyDeleteMan, I now find myself hungry *and* jealous.
I love pretty much anything that is not fruit or vegetable! I could survive on pasta, rice, potatoes and bread. Hmmmm...what kind of diet is that?? :))
ReplyDeletePopping over to say Happy Easter to you and your family Mary!!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•
::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...::::::::::::::
*: (=' :') :: Happy Easter! :::::::::::::::::::::
•.. (,('')('')¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...:::::::::::
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
You make things look good. I'd like to diet at y our house.
ReplyDeleteAll the food looks tasty and healthy. I love Lamb, actually the only food I don't like is butter beans. ;)
ReplyDelete