Okay, okay, I'm not that far behind with this blog. I just have some neat old photos and since it's not Throwback Thursday on FB today, it seemed like a good idea for a blog post.
Cuddles and hugs .. love them still...
And a good nap was and is always welcome....
My fashion sense was obviously being cultivated back then.... a sailor hat (a.k.a. the Dixie cup), white cotton t-shirt, diaper and socks, men's loafers, smokin' hot rubber pants, and some cool shades. I must have been in a card playin' mood. Did I win with a throwdown of the 6 of Clubs? Damn straight I did.
Red, baby. I dig red to this day.
Snacks... good! I'm sure that must have been a piece of chocolate.
That year it seems I was up on current events ... or atleast knew where all the good sales were. I remember years later that I always loved to read the 'travel' section of the newspaper. And a couple times even sent away for brochures of exotic places. Even though traveling anywhere too far these days is really hard for me, I still do like to research trips.
Yup, I'm still into reading. There are atleast 15 in my book queue right now. Current read ~ 'Cemetery Dance' and only just found out when I looked it up for a quick review that it's Special Agent Pendergast Book 9 in a series. Oops... never read the other 8. I'm not sure it matters though. Murderous cult, zombies, detective work... eh, I don't need the extra details. I finished Stephen King's 'Mr. Mercedes' before that.
Make-up, hair, nails, party dress ... we must be presentable. And the reason I didn't go out yesterday... no bath, face, or hair had happened. Horrors!
Sunglasses ... you have to have a decent pair of dark shades to look mysterious and important. And a good agent. That's my cousin with me, and how awesome is it that we're getting together for dinner this week!?
Have a great week!


These are such lovely photos, Mary! What a beautiful child! And so cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing them with us!
So precious! We must be about the same age. The sailor picture cracks me up! Have fun with your cousin.
ReplyDeleteMary, these photographs are BEYOND adorable!
ReplyDelete" I must have been in a card playin' mood. Did I win with a throwdown of the 6 of Clubs? Damn straight I did."
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Your description AND the photo made me laugh out loud!
"Red, baby. I dig red to this day."
Both the dress and you look so beautiful!
And that last shot of you and your cousin is priceless! And can remember my sister having a very similar haircut like your cousin.
Delightful post, Mary. I love to see photos of people's childhood.
Have a super week, neighbor! We're getting a lot of rain right this moment, so I imagine you are too?
X
P.S. Have fun with your cousin this week!
I love these! You've hardly aged! :)
ReplyDeleteLol these photos are adorable! You were one cool kid!
ReplyDeleteAw lovely photos Mary, and I love red too!
ReplyDeleteRob, thank you. I don't know if my parents found me all that cute when I rocked my crib across the bedroom floor, opened the closet door and started to throw my clothes all over the place. LOL
ReplyDeleteBijoux, I'll be 50 this year. I think that picture is a riot. We did have fun, thanks.
Ron, thank you! I did see Jackie and we got an updated photo. :) Oh, the rain... I know your comment is from awhile ago, but that one storm we had like a week or two ago... wow... Ollie was velcro'd to the side of the bed and I was up half the night with all that lightening and thunder.
Heart in hand... ah, the magic of Photoshop! haha I'll be 79 and still posting photos but there will be no fat or wrinkles. LOL
Cestlavie, I think I was pretty cool... I'm sure there are others ready to disagree. My Sagittarian personality is always ready for a good time.
Akelamalu, I love red and I love purple too... but just can't take them both together... reminds me of the Red Hat Society, which I guess I'm almost old enough to join but will fight just a bit longer. haha
Mr Merceses is a must read for me, if only I could find a copy.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary, I'm playing catch-up. Just discovered that the blog reader isn't working as it should. Hope you are well.
Love, love, love that first picture.
ReplyDeleteValerie, no worries, as I'm just noticing NOW that I didn't comment back to you. Not that I manage to do that all the time anyway. Oh, but I certainly do read them all.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a blog reader. Hmm... there has been some issue on my sidebar though. Not all new posts come up right away.
I like that photo, too! Mom's been gone a long time now. I love to look at the old photos, especially whenever I'm feeling a little blue.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete