Nice colors, huh? Yeah... well, they start off green and then they turn... yellow, orange, RED! This is a plate full of hot hot HOT. Who likes this stuff?? Actually, Ron does. He grew Bhut Jolokia peppers again this year. They aren't thee hottest pepper in the world anymore. They've moved into 3rd place. So I guess that makes them bearable? Pfft... no way. He tells anyone he shares them with to use rubber gloves and extreme caution when preparing and eating the little beasts. Video of a guy trying one in the previous post.
I came across this photo while going through my Picasa files for something to post for Throwback Thursday on FB. Since I tend to live in the past anyway, it's quite fun for me to go through all our old photos.
This was us at a Renaissance wedding many years ago. My sexy Ron was Best Man and I was co-Matron of Honor. My friend died the following year, very tragically. I miss her still. My daughter and her husband were married on her birthday (later this month). Ooh, that reminds me... I need to think *gift*.
Another couple from the past, but the Almanac says this is in our near future again. Do you get much snow where you live? Do you like it?





I love spicy foods but not that hot. There is good hot and bad hot.
ReplyDeleteThe wedding looks like a lot of fun! Offbeat weddings are the best. Sorry that you lost your friend. Death never gets any easier.
We don't get a lot of snow where I live and when it does snow I like watching it from the window but that is where it ends. Our snow is wet and heavy and when you go out in it you end up soaked.
We get a ton of lake effect snow here and I detest it.
ReplyDeleteYou two are such a cute couple! I like spicy food, but I have my limits!
OMG Mary, just looking at that first photograph of those peppers made my mouth hot!!! Like you...no way! I'm a wuss when to comes to hot and spicy food. I love Mexican food, but it has to be mild.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photo of you and Ron. You both look very much that time period. GREAT costumes!
And I'm jumping up and down looking at those photographs of the snow because you know how MUCH I love winter and snow. Beautiful shots! God, I can't wait for snow this year!
Enjoyed the video clip. I had seen it on another blog last year. I think it was on Herman Turnips's blog - Terrible Analogies
Hope you're enjoying this gorgeous cool fall weather we're having today.
X
I can't do the hot peppers. No one ever has to worry about me stealing theirs.
ReplyDeleteWe do get snow here, and in my opinion far too much of it
Birdie, you are so right... good hot and bad hot!
ReplyDeleteI can eat horseradish hot, and some dishes with red pepper, also some Indian/Thai type food. As long as the dishes are mild. Anything that burns my mouth so bad that I can't taste the rest of the meal isn't worth it. Ron sweats when he eats things too hot. I wouldn't like that either. LOL
Bijoux, the winters here vary. Some years it's mild and we barely get snow. Then we have a winter or two in between with blizzards and huge icicles hanging off all the rain gutters. That's pretty at first, but you tire of it quickly because no one can just stay in for a few days. And, there's no where to put it all so it's piles of icy, chunky, dirty snow to maneuver around.
Ron, flavorful is one thing, a bit of light spice is a good thing! But peppers that are so hot to cause pain... why would anyone do that willingly? lol
We rented the costumes and I remember thinking at the time it was a lot of money for something that had to go back the next day. haha Maybe I wanted to keep the dress and just live in my little fantasy world every day. LOL
Ann, I like seasonings and flavor up foods all the time, but the hot hot, I leave out. If I make chili, I do the main pot with a little bit of assorted peppers, but give Ron extra in his bowl and some Tabasco type sauce on the side.
Snow can be so pretty, but here in the city it's hard to manage a lot of it. I suppose it's coming though and we don't have much say in the matter.
To answer your last question of the post, we do get a lot of snow and I absolutely hate it! I hate driving in it and I hate how cold it is when the snow begins to fall. Snow and me are not friends!
ReplyDeletePeppers? no. hot, yes,but not so much In food.
ReplyDeleteOttawa has snow
from Novembreto April, guaranteed. good boots, no problem
I love spicy food but those peppers sound a bit extreme on the spicy front. Loved the picture of you and Ron but was sad to hear about the loss of your friend.
ReplyDeleteSnow? Yes and No... it's okay looking at it through window but not to wade through. Fortunately we don't get too much - and I hope that isn't tempting fate...smiles.
We usually get VERY little snow here in Nashville. I'm fine with that, since it cripples our city when we do get it. I can't imagine not being able to leave the house for a week! But I do like the appearance of snow, so that part would be nice.
ReplyDeleteSnow is the way of life here starting around Halloween and leaving in April or May. We thought that moving five hours further south would help our winter situation, but it's just as bad. It makes me chuckle when people say they don't leave the house for days when it snows or that they've never driven in snow because it's totally the way of live here for at least half the year. On the flip side, I can't imagine living somewhere it gets really hot. I'd be humping an air conditioner 24/7 if I lived in say, Arizona. Lol!
ReplyDeleteCestlavie, I do like the cold (well, not like 10 degrees cold.. lol) and a bit of snow (up to a couple inches maybe) but that's it. No extremes!
ReplyDeleteLorna, that's what I need... good boots! Not sure the ones I saw in my closet the other day are going to work for the winter we will probably get. Something with spikes and chains I'm thinking. Not to be kinky, just to walk without twisting an ankle. haha!
Valerie, some spice is fine, I actually do like a bit of ancho sometimes in a pot of chili, or red pepper flakes on pasta, a Moroccan blend sprinkled on certain things. Horseradish, yes. Hot mustard for when we get Chinese takeout, definitely. Those Ghost things... NO... horrors! Nice bright colors though. ;)
It was very sad about our friend. She went into the hospital for an exploratory surgery and one of the medical personnel made a grievous error. She lived about 13 days in intensive care. It was terrible.
Stephanie, it would be nice if we could all stay home for a little while and enjoy it. Not around here though. People are back on the roads almost immediately, as they have to be for work. We have decent highway crews and the trucks salt the main roads beforehand.
Heartinhand, I guess that is what I like about our weather here... by the time we've had it with one season, we can look forward to the next. I prefer Fall but the beginning-middle of each season is certainly nice for a change.
My friend lives in Colorado and while the scenery is quite nice, I'd hate the weather. She's always posting snow photos.
A friend of our likes peppers/chillies the hotter the better. Personally I think if they are too hot you can't taste the food so what's the point? Love the photos. x
ReplyDeleteCute picture of you guys!
ReplyDeleteThe peppers are pretty, but I don't like super spicy food.
And not, not a ton of snow here.
Akelamalu, Ron doesn't use the Ghost Peppers much. He likes to grow assorted peppers but those have to be used very sparingly!! He sweats when he eats some hot food, which would turn me off right away, but he keeps going back for more... to each his own I guess, right? LOL
ReplyDeleteSecret Agent Woman, Thanks, that was a unique wedding. Actually, it was a renewal of vows (10 years, I think).
The colors definitely are nice, but the heartburn I'd have for about 5 days wouldn't be pretty at all. LOL