What was the best compliment you ever received?
I don't seem to take compliments all that well sometimes, so maybe I've missed the 'best' one while trying to sidestep it. LOL For instance, someone will say 'You have really nice hair' and I'll say... 'OMG, it's been falling out so much, and it's so frizzy.'
Well, thinking on it... here's not just one, but a few.
My daughter called recently and asked me to come over and take the kids to meet their school buses. When I got there, Alex was all smiles. I asked if he was so happy because he was going to school and he said... No, Mimi, I'm happy because you're here! Love.that.kid! xo
A sweet blogging friend from years ago that I'm friends on FB now said to me just today:
You are such a good wife. I get a lot from reading you. And I thank you for sharing your life.
And my husband, that man has a compliment for every hour of the day, but one I do remember is that he has always said he felt he was out of my league and that I could have had a better guy. Silliness. Utter nonsense, that is. He's a smart man, yet, if we're playing Jeopardy and I answer an odd question he'll give me a look like ... really?? How the hell did you know THAT?? haha He thinks I'm very intelligent. Seriously, I am not. I just remember odd things sometimes.
What is your greatest strength and weakness?
I think of myself as a kind person. I enjoy talking to others, learning things about them, sharing stories, laughing, etc. Maybe it's not quite full on sympathy, compassion, and empathy at all times....although I try when I can to work on those. Kindness is usually something that I can always do in one way or another.
On the flip side...
Procrastination.... whatever I can put off, postpone, leave 'til later, push aside, reschedule, or forget about it. Yup, that's definitely a big problem with me.
What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
BOOKS!!!
I'm not reading as much as I was for awhile but still have many in queue. I have bookmarks in a few right now, one of them, Anne Rice's Prince Lestat. She's one of my favorite authors.
I LOVED your answers, Mary!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat faaaabulous compliments!
"I asked if he was so happy because he was going to school and he said... No, Mimi, I'm happy because you're here!"
I think greatest compliment we can all receive is to know that we are LOVED.
And yes, you ARE kind, my friend!
HA! I had a feeling your favorite thing to spend money on was BOOKS! And that's a good thing because we learn so much from books!
Thanks for answering my questions!
Have a terrific week!
X
You are kind. You are also sympathetic, compassionate and empathetic. Yes, you are.
ReplyDeleteIf you haven't figured it out yes I too wrestle with procrastination. I will send something soon!
Love your replies to these questions, Mary. Sometimes it does us good to question ourselves, whether we like the answers or not. About compliments... I am a bit like you. Perhaps we find them embarrassing... I'm never sure on that one.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all those answers! It's fun to learn more about bloggers that I've 'known' for so long.
ReplyDeleteI've found that the older I get, the more I procrastinate. I have no idea why, but I like to blame the Internet!
Sounds like you are a pretty good egg, Mary. Thanks for sharing your answers with us and I'm glad to be blogging with such an awesome person. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI love the compliment your grandson paid you. xx
ReplyDeleteI got that same "you're out of my league" thing from my boyfriend and I also disagree with that assessment. As for compliments, I've finally learned to just say thank you.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way about compliments. What the hell does that say about us?!
ReplyDeleteGrandies are the best, I tell Ya!! The best!
Fun post. Thanks for answering the great questions.
ReplyDelete