From wayyyy back, I think there was only one question left to answer. From Olivia: What would you do right now if you knew you could not fail? What is it that you might try right now if for certain you would succeed? xoO
The answer to that would have probably been different if I answered it right away, and then again maybe a month later, but today I say… I'd give the link out to my new online store, wait for word to spread, and then watch the orders to roll in. *insert big cheesy grin here* Seriously, I did actually do something not too long ago that I was very unsure of. You all know Amazon, of course, but did you know that they recently launched a new department called 'Handmade at Amazon'? I applied and was accepted to be one of the sellers there. An artisan's work has to fit into one or more of the categories, which my jewelry and card making does, and be made by hand, which mine is. It was exciting to be accepted, and a bit overwhelming at times, too … because it's Amazon, after all. They are huge. There were so many things to read! I still don't understand some of it. Setting up shop was a good amount of work so it's cool that I enjoy what I do! I'm still making stock, photographing it all, pricing, etc. And all the while I've had that nervous voice… oh, what if this happens and how will I handle that. Ssshhh… quiet silly voice…. just do it! So I'm doing it!
If you'd be so nice to go to my store and just take a peek around, even if only to offer a few words of support (or even a bit of constructive criticism) I'd sure appreciate that. And if you know anyone personally or thru social media that you think might like to see what I'm doing please (pretty please with sugar on top) share the page information. A small business can use all of the help it can get and I'm grateful for every kindness.
With Love, Juji
Even though I don't actually have any greeting cards in the store…yet… they'll make it in eventually so I'm including a photo.
With Love, Juji
Thanks for the question, Olivia!

Hello, all!
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, I'm having trouble with the fonts/sizes for this post. Tried to fix it, hope it's okay on your end. Let me know if it's not, thanks!
I was like...Juji? Who the heck is that? Now I see it on your site!
ReplyDeleteI love it all! Beautiful! I don't wear earrings, so I was checking out the bracelets and necklaces. Will you be adding new colors, etc to the assortment? I will check back!
Mary, I did head over and took a long peek at your Handmade at Amazon store and LOVED it! As you know from all the years that you and I have been blogging with each other, I think you are sooooooooo talented in sooooooo many ways. I also think this store is a great idea because Amazon gets much more traffic, so I think your jewelry will have much more exposure.
ReplyDeleteGreat selection of items in your store too! And this is a perfect time with the holidays coming up!
The BEST to you, my friend! I wish you much success in your new venture!
X
I am excited for you, Mary, er, Juji, and I can't wait to have a look at the site... always supposing Amazon UK have it as well. I shall weep if it doesn't. Good luck with the venture.
ReplyDeleteI too am excited for you, and THANK YOU for answering my question! I think it's an important one, and as you illustrated, one that can be answered at different ways at different times of our lives. Good for you for stepping out, Mary! I too can't wait to visit and see what you're doing, especially because it's the thing you want for yourself even though it's big and hairy and scary! :) xoO
ReplyDeleteI too really like it Mary! The photographs and the setup really showcase your work! xoO
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. I'm one who always listens to those silly voices that keep me from doing things. I'm going over to have a look at your amazon store now
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Mary! I just checked out your store and it looks great. I'm so glad you were accepted by Amazon and I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep that silly voice quiet forever and you're go so far in this world!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! Your store looks great and I love the little story about how you got started. And Kudos to Amazon for doing this.
ReplyDeleteOh I wish you all the luck in the world with your shop! Does it apply to Amazon UK? Xx
ReplyDeleteCongrats. A job well done, and everything looks fabulous. Good luck with everything and it will be a huge success for sure because it's awesome.
ReplyDeleteThank you ALL for the nice comments!
ReplyDeleteBijoux, can you believe I don't wear earrings either!? lol Yes, I will be adding things but am in the middle of a Christmas card making fury for a craft fair so that has my attention right now.
Ron, I have been giving out some biz cards so hopefully as more people see my page things will get going. My store at Etsy is still there, just on hold while setting up Amazon.
Valerie, I'm only set up to sell here, Canada had separate requirements with tax forms, etc. and Europe was another registration that I haven't looked into yet, but are you able to just view the page, I don't know?
Olivia, I do feel that I'm doing okay with photographs. It's all a work in progress but am trying to enjoy it as I go.
Ann, I guess because there is a lot of competition with online selling and Amazon is so big that it feels daunting, but, it's also just a good experience. Have to just keep that in mind.
Rob, yes, absolutely! Many people still do value items that are handmade, so I'm doing a good thing!
Birdie, I really have always enjoyed making things. I see things on FB and Pinterest and am like…ooh, want to try that next. haha
Akelamalu, I'm not sure if you can see the page. I'm not set up to sell in Canada or Europe, etc., so I don't know whether any of it is viewable. Let me know.
Mr. Shife, being part of their new department is a good experience. So much work, but trying to enjoy it too.
The nickname Juji came about years ago while on a road trip and my snack of choice was a big box of Jujyfruit candy. Only a couple people called me that briefly, but I thought it was cute and used it when I originally registered the biz. The 'With Love' was because of card making and how some sign a card, and also that I enjoy what I do so my creations are made with love.
ReplyDeleteOh good for you on the Amazon gig - that should definitely bring in some business.
ReplyDeleteMary, in reply to your question ... I checked with Amazon UK and US in the hope of seeing your site. No luck. It might help to know the internet page address..www etc
ReplyDeleteSecret Agent Woman, thank you… I'm hoping!! Glad for the experience. :)
ReplyDeleteValerie, oh, sorry to hear that. The addy is www.amazon.com/handmade/withlovejuji
ReplyDeleteSure would be nice if you could see it.
Got it! Whoohooo.... I like the rainbow crystals. What I was doing wrong was NOT including the words With Love. Going back for another look.... Bye!
ReplyDeleteOff I go to check out your store, then! Nothing like some early-morning shopping.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you and wanted to let you know. Hope you are well. I miss your posts!
ReplyDeleteHi, Birdie! Thank you. xo I have been out of blogland for awhile again, huh? I'll try to catch up soon. Hope all is well with you, too!
ReplyDelete