Tuesday, July 18, 2017
How NOT to wear lipstick.
Okay, so it wasn't really THIS bad ... but it felt like it. Ladies who wear makeup might relate.
Wandering around in Wegmans for a Sunday afternoon of foodshopping and it's like social time in there. Many departments were offering samples, so I was chatting with bread/cheese people and a deli associate offered slices of delicious salami. A father of a girl who makes handcrafted nut butters was sharing samples and discussing her products. Cashiers always pleasantly interact with customers while ringing purchases. And then there was the woman who came over to me in the parking lot because she was admiring the tattoo on my leg... she called it artwork... so you know I had to chat for a minute or two with her.
Then I get in the car and take a quick peek in the rearview mirror and OHHH MYYY there it is... lipstick smeared all the way down under my bottom lip. I'm thinking of all the people who must have seen it. Now, these days, you never can tell what the style of anything actually is. Are you wearing 'floods' or just pants cut at the ankle. Is that a mini dress or did that girl just not feel like putting on pants with her long shirt. Recently home from hunting, or a military deployment, or just love camouflage? What's up with wearing fatigues and flip flops, that's in too I guess. NEVER though is lipstick anywhere but just on the lips good. I have seen chicks with a big outline of dark liner around a much lighter shade... they should just say no to that! Any of those things are way better than what I was sportin' round the grocery store this time though. Sheesh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A few years back I was in the hardware store. I spent about 30 minutes there waking around talking to people and browsing. When I got home I realized I had a rip in my pants from the hip all the way to my knee. I was mortified! But then I figured that everyone likely thought it was just a new style.
ReplyDeleteI'm almost jealous... people don't often talk to strangers where I live. Gone are the 'trusting' days and I miss them.
ReplyDeleteLOL on questioning the styles these days! I don't understand the skinny leg jeans or the skinny leg yoga pants. I try them on and I can NOT bend my knees. And I'm skinny! Are people asking around with no circulation?
ReplyDelete**walking, not asking
ReplyDeleteI'll never have to worry about this happening ro me since I just don't wear makeup at all. Quit wearing it years ago
ReplyDeleteOMG Mary, you reinactment of said smeared lipstic is brilliant! HILARIOUS!
ReplyDeleteSomething similar happened to me many years ago after eating a Dove Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bar. I didn't realize until MANY HOURS later that I had been walking around all evening with melted dark chocolate all over my lips, under my nose, and all over my chin. I didin't spot it until I got home that night and turned on the light in my bathroom. It looked like POO all over my face - HA!
And you're right, these days you can't tell if people are wearing clothes a certain way because it's stylish, or they're just messy. The pants hanging down around the butt I can't even talk about. Sheesh!
Too funny. Sorry that it happened to you but it made for a funny anecdote. Take care and best of luck with that lipstick.
ReplyDeleteOnce I was in the grocery store and I looked down and saw that I had on two completely different sneakers. I made it worse by calling attention to myself when I doubled over laughing.
ReplyDeleteBirdie, yep, you just don't know today. I've seen people showing some major skin with very little left for the imagination, so your rip wasn't too bad considering. lol
ReplyDeleteValerie, we're very densely populated here in NJ!! Certainly not everyone is friendly, but enough are that if one wanted to socialize it wouldn't be to difficult. :)
Bijoux, I don't wear skinny leg anything these days. Baggy shirts and stretchy pants all the way every day!
Ann, I used to never go out without hair/makeup done. These days, it just depends. I have the time, but not the motivation I guess. lol
Ron, too funny... I'm picturing that chocolate everywhere. lol I don't know why someone wouldn't just discreetly say something when it's clearly food.
Mr. Shife.. thanks. I'll have to do what the stars do... take a makeup/hair person with me everywhere for touchups. haha
SAW, I'd laugh with you! lol Ron did that one time when he worked at a department store. Had two different dress shoes on.