Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Another blogiversary!

Happy *belated* Blogiversary to me!
It's been TEN years.  

I'm older and crankier.  It's a little harder to hide it these days, but am still trying.  
My blog is a nice sanctuary from Facebook... although that's probably just because I'm trying to not post too much regarding current events here.  There, I link a post regarding the removal of flags/statues that's been in the news and someone has to know why the Zionists didn't insist all Nazi concentration camps be destroyed.  Total waste of time to try to even discuss that with my commenter friend because I've known her for many years and we don't agree on much anything.  There was a time wayyyy back that we both did some reading on 'conspiratorial' things.  Hey, have to say that for a while when Bush was in office I needed the distraction.   Good thing I let all that go or with the current state of politics .... I'd have to walk right off the flat earth.  Of course,  then I'd only fall thru a black hole where everyone the Clintons have had killed are now zombies who terrorize Elvis and James Dean.  I'm still really not sure though trump isn't a reptilian working for the Illuminati to kill off surplus population.  And if that isn't is... well, there is something.  That guy...grrr!     

So back to zombies.....
we are binge watching The Walking Dead.  OMG, crazy stuff!   It's not usual for us to get into a show like that... come on... zombies??!!??   Neither of us are comic book fans either, so nothing about the series initially caught our attention... until... our son raved about it.  We decided to give it a try. Ron's practically chewing his nails to the quick and half my bangs will be gone if I keep twisting my hair while watching this series.  

Oh, and speaking of my son.....

He plays guitar in his spare time.  Every so often he's asked to perform a gig with friends.  We try to go when we can and this last time was at a fundraiser for pets.  It was held at a nice venue, World Cafe Live, in Philadelphia.   He felt like a rock star up on stage!  Good sound system, cool lighting, and a bar full of people who were grooving to the music... it was a fun time.
Here are a few photos, none of which I took, but they were really good so I had to share.  ;)





If it uploaded right...this short video is mine.  You can tell because it's jumping all over the place.  I have a little old pocket camera and was probably swaying to the music so the quality isn't there, but you get the idea.  Proud mama moment. 



Hope you're all enjoying a nice weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Yep you uploaded the video ok and they sound good. Your son looks like a rock star up there😃.
    I tend to stay away from anything controversial on Facebook and just look for stuff that makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years is a long time to be blogging. Most people give up which is too bad.

    My kids have told me about the Walking Dead. Is it scary? Do things jump out at you? If yes, I can't watch it. Hate being startled like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cheers*

    HAPPY Ten Year Blogiversary, Mary!!!!!

    You and I started blogging at almost the same time because my ten year is next month, Sept 13th.

    Can you believe how fast time flies? It seems like yesterday when we started blogging!

    I've never watched The Walking Dead but I think it's something I would enjoy. My blogging friend, Mark and his wife, LOVE it!. I may have to see if I can find it online because I don't have cable TV.

    And BRAVO to your son and his performance gig at World Cafe Live! AWESOME photographs! He looks so professional up there playing his guitar. He sounded fabulous!

    I know that venue very well because I've had friends who sing in bands play there. And you're right, it's a fantastic venue!

    Enjoyed watching your video clip!

    Hope you had a super weekend. I worked Saturday but had today off. It was so nice too, not too hot and humid.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog anniversary, Mary, and thanks for sharing the video showing your talented son. I don't ever discuss politics, nor do I go on FB. Politics I don't understand and I gave up FB years ago when friends and family started to act silly, swearing and writing rubbish. Nah, give me blogging friends every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great video, Mary! I'm not sure I knew you had a son. I don't blog about my kids too much, so I understand.

    I hate politics and find both sides to be rather annoying, so I just plug my ears and go, lalalalala!

    My hubby loves Walking Dead. It's too gory for me. I love AMC's Halt and Catch Fire series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the video of your son!

    I mostly avoid politics here, too, but do engage some on FB. It helps with the despair.

    Happy blogiversary! I had to count back - I'm at 11 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your blogging anniversary and congrats to your son as well. The Walking Dead is pretty intense and it only gets better. Have a great weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good video. A very talented guitar player.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, it was a great night for him. He's usually very busy with his job so it's fun when he gets to play music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birdie, it's a stressful show. Why do we torture ourselves with stuff like that?? lol No, you wouldn't like it, as they do come out from around buildings, in cars, behind doors, across fields, they are all over. Stay away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Ron! Amazing it's been that long for our blogs. I take a hiatus now and then but always love coming back. Yes, Walking Dead you would probably like, just for the theatrical makeup on all those walkers. I read a bit on all that, very interesting!
    Ron went to WCL for a show, but I'd never been until the night we saw Ronnie play. Very enjoyable venue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Valerie, some days FB is fun... I post photos of our grandchildren which friends and family love to see. And I have some neighborly connections there too for local things. I never gave my blog address out there so only a couple friends/family know I have this page. If they read it, they don't comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bijoux, thanks. I hope he'll participate in some future shows, it was a fun time.
    WD is gory, and stressful, yet we binged on 7 seasons. haha I'll check out the one you're watching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. S.A.W., wow 11 years... good for you too! Despair... oh, I hear ya! Sometimes I try to have a discussion on FB about various subjects. I don't find anyone to have changed their opinion much though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr. Shife, we finished all 7 seasons! Wow... Negan. We'll try to be patient waiting on his demise, but that crazy dude... has.to.go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Treey, thanks for stopping by! Our son does love music. He took guitar lessons many years ago and we're so glad he still plays when he has time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!