Oh, but I'm here NOW! And will be around to visit you all shortly. I really have missed you all!
I'm currently enjoying the summer. As much as one can enjoy heat, humidity, bugs, and did I mention heat. Bleh. A/C is on all.the.time. Working for a food company during the school months is nice because it allows me to have this free time. Actually, I stepped down earlier this year from my daily position and became a substitute, so was on on-call for part of the school year... vacations, sick days, emergencies... and that was fine. To tell you the truth, it was a medical thing that need attention (nothing too crazy, high blood pressure... just another lovely gift of menopause), but because there was some drama (cannot understand how grown women feeding and looking after children can be so incredibly rude to each other), it was just not a positive atmosphere to be in every day so it was a little mental health protection too.
In other news... kids and grand darlings are all happy and well. Ron's retirement continues to be very busy. If that winning lottery ticket would magically appear... we'd travel. For now, he's still taking small jobs as they come so we can eat and have benefits.
Sadly, earlier this year, my brother-in-law died from complications after a surgery. He had fallen during a bad ice storm and shattered his hip, and then one thing after another and he was gone in a matter of weeks. We were there when he passed and it's something I never want to see again. He was not conscious much of the time, thank goodness. He was only 49.
My little business is moving along ... craft fairs, online connections, friends/family... all helping to keep me busy. I remember a post a while back where I was starting to learn dot painting and said it probably wouldn't go very far as it was hard. Well... came back to it, really practiced, and am now totally rocking it. If I do say so myself. ;) Of course, photos!
Have a great week, old friends!





Welcome back! Such pretty rocks, Mary. I've always liked the image on the very last rock, but I can't think of what it's called. I think it starts with a K?
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is a nurse and she can barely take working with all women! Lol!
Oooh, look everybody... Mary's back.
ReplyDeleteAnd how pleased I am to see you, Mary. You were sadly missed be many.
Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.
Love the rocks... tried to determine a favourite but failed because they're all good.
Take good care of yourself and hubby and keep on carrying on x
Me again! Had a laugh when I read your comments on mine.. and puzzled about one. Didn't know what you were talking about until I saw the title, which I traced back to 2011. How you managed that is a mystery.
ReplyDeleteIt was lovely to see your comments, though.
Thanks, Bijoux! Kokopelli, my daughter's fav! I made her a stone years ago, but not with the dots. Now she wants this one. haha
ReplyDeleteValerie, thank you for all your kind thoughts. xo
ReplyDeleteOh, I didn't realize the other post I commented on was from that long ago. I think I just clicked on something on the bottom of your page... you might like these posts... or something LOL Wow, an oldie but goodie huh! :)
I am so sorry to hear about your brother I law. I was expecting him to be 79 or 89, certainly not 49. That is so tragic.
ReplyDeleteI love your rocks so much! If I lived anywhere within 100 miles I would be a regular customer.
Thanks, Birdie. It was very sad and tragic. And of course not without some family drama... but for another post maybe. haha
ReplyDeleteI love that you love them! I know shipping was crazy for those little cactus stones. Some day... the winning lottery.... and I'll have a big pile delivered to you!
Welcome back. Condolences on the loss of your brother in law. Love your rocks. You have done an amazing job with those
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ann. The way it all happened was a shock. :( I know you appreciate the crafty things! I keep adding more supplies and they are creeping out all over the house. haha
ReplyDeleteGREAT to see you blogging again, Mary! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier this week, it was a joy to read your comments.
ReplyDeleteYes, hasn't this summer been EXTREMELY hot and humid? I know it's only mid-August, but I am soooooo ready for FALL - sweaters, jackets, pumpkin pie, hot soup and bread, and all the wonder scents that come with Fall.
Sorry to hear about the passing of your brother-in-law (and only 49?!?!) Last year (and this year) I've had quite a few people from my past, pass away. Fellow-theater actors, directors, and the spouses of friends I know from my time living in Florida. Also, I read online that my ex-partners father passed away in the Spring.
And OMG!!!!!!!! I can see that you've been keeping yourself very busy being all creative with your crafts. Mary, they are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous! I know I've told you this before, but you are soooooooo talented!
Love them all, but I think my FAV is the one of the Geisha. It's STUNNING! I know that you and I also share of love for all things Japanese/Geisha.
Enjoy the rest of your summer, my friend!
X
Welcome back! Glad to hear from you again. Your rocks are amazing. You should be very proud because they are awesome. Take care and keep on blogging.
ReplyDeleteRon, yes... Geisha... love!! The only bad thing about the new rock projects is that I want to keep too many of them for me. haha I need to get another shelf, or three or five. It's hard hauling them around to fairs too, but, you know I love wherever my creativity takes me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words. I'm sorry for your losses, too.
Mr. Shife, thanks! It's become very popular.. this painting on rocks. Didn't we carry them around in a box in the '70s as a pet. haha I am going to try to ramble on for a while...
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, 49. That's so sad/ I'm sorry for the loss of your BIL.
ReplyDeleteLovely painted rocks and welcome back!
Secret Agent Woman
ReplyDeleteThank you! Will try to hang around a while longer this time. ;)
Ingin mendapatkan kemenangan pada permainan Dragon Tiger dengan mudah, segera bermain dengan menggunakan Aplikasi Hack Judi Dragon Tiger.
ReplyDeleteTips Menang AduQ itu99
LiveChat Judi Sportsbook ituGol
Hack Judi Bandar Poker ituGol
Situs Judi Bandar Poker IndoWinBola
Trik Menang Baccarat IndoWinBola
Hack AduQ Online IndoWinBola