Well, okay, I haven't gotten THAT weird. Grandpa Chacha is a homestyle wine made with grapes from the Puglia region of Italy. It's not expensive. I tend to buy wine that is $10 or less. I'll go up around the $12ish range but that might be only because the label was interesting.
So after this fancy dinner of leftover pizza that got dressed up with some fresh veggies, me and my glass of wine went for a bubble bath. Ron's nursing a swollen knee so he ate while resting in the recliner. On Sunday nights he usually chats with his Georgia dad as he's waiting for his wife's church service to let out. Afterwards, we watch Columbo. The excitement never ends! LOL
Friday was actually a bit more interesting ....
I heard about a ship called the Draken Harald Harfagre, the largest Viking ship in the modern world, and she's currently on an East Coast tour with one of the ports being Philadelphia. How cool is that!? We went to a local park and watched her arrive on the Delaware, then drove to Penn's Landing to see her dock.
I hope you are all having a nice weekend.



In the tub with Grandpa ... oh wow, I thought, I've got to read this!
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs. They make me wish I was there.
Your dinner looks really good.
ReplyDeleteThat pirate ship is really cool. I would have liked to have seen that.
I have never seen that one, and I've seen a lot of wine! Is it a local thing? Very cool ship!
ReplyDeleteThat is a very cool ship! I would love to see below.
ReplyDeleteDo you make your own pizza crust?
HA! Mary, I LOVED the post title and your first sentence!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you know how much I LOVE wine, so I really enjoy this post. Like you, I tend to buy win that is $10 or less. I will go up to $14 or $15, but rarely. And only, like you, if the label looks interesting and the back of the bottle sounds like a wine I would enjoy - red, dark, and full-bodied. I like my wine like I enjoy my coffee, dark and full.
I can't wait to try this wine! In fact, tomorrow I will be making my wine run to the wine store, so I'll be looking for it.
And I also have to say that your dinner that night looked YUM-MY! Not only the pizza, but the side of veggie. That's MY kind of meal.
GREAT shots of the viking ship! I go down to Penn's Landing a lot, but didn't know about the ship docking last weekend. What a beautiful ship!
Hope you had a FAB Labor Day weekend, neighbor!
X
I would love to see that Viking ship. That's very cool.
ReplyDeleteA glass of wine in a hot bath is heavenly.
Well I hope you and Grandpa had a nice bubble bath. =)
ReplyDeleteI would love to see the Viking ship but we live in a land-locked state so I don't think they will be visiting us.
Valerie, I might have to switch to a 'private' blog if I use too many titles like that. haha
ReplyDeleteAnn, it was a fun experience. I 'liked' their page on FB so I see when they post the places they go.
Bijoux, I don't know where it's sold but he was from NY so we get it here in NJ. I think he was in the Sopranos and owned restaurants.
Birdie, you could book a tour on the ship, but it didn't look like there was a lot to see. Below was probably just for crew to sleep and very basic. No, don't make handmade pizza crust.
Ron, LAB is another really good one. Just got a couple more bottles! Penn's Landing has some nice activities.
Secret Agent Woman, those moments of relaxation are so necessary. Even in the heat of summer, I'll take a bubble bath... well... if the a/c is on inside. LOL
Mr. Shife, haha... yes, it was a nice bath. ;)