Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Morning coffee

Good morning!  How has your summer been?  Here, as usual, it's hot and humid.  Not nearly enough got done for my being home much of the time.  We haven't gone on a vacation in what feels like forever.  And my body, after some yard work yesterday, hurts more than normal.  But, as I sit sipping my early morning coffee and listening to the sound of cicadas chirping their songs, I've decided to be okay with all that.  When our city officials come to site me for turning us into hoarders, the house can be dealt with then.  The 72 tubes of paint, 34 canvases, 16 boxes of beads, 4 stacks of paper, and 3 drawers of rocks can all be auctioned off to pay for lawn and cleaning services.  
Speaking of vacation though.... isn't it fun to dream about all the places there are to visit.  My cousins are leaving for Africa next month!   And I was just reading about a place in Iceland, a bubble hotel, where you sleep in a clear dome and can see the Aurora Borealis.  How exciting does that sound!? Our not getting to go on vacation really has more to do with an old dog and my travel issues than anything else.  Ron's busy... and to think he was nervous about semi-retiring and wondering if he'd get enough work to supplement.  Pfft, his phone doesn't stop.  It's our old boy Rev though, he is not a puppy anymore and we fear leaving for too long.  We do have a friend who could stay here with him, if we really wanted or needed to get away, but for now we're content to just make mention of various places we'll go... eventually.  On that list are a couple beaches in Florida, the Grand Canyon and other scenic spots out that way, New England, and back up to see Niagara Falls again.  
What was your favorite vacation destination?  If you could go anywhere, win some all-expenses paid vacation ... what would you chose to do?
Well, my coffee time is coming to an end... and I do have a few orders to work on.  Here are a couple newer pieces that will be going with me to an upcoming craft event.





Also, I have been having trouble leaving comments on a couple blogs.  Secret Agent Woman, yours is one....no idea why!!  It's most likely a glitch on my end as I see you are getting many messages, so I will keep trying!   

Friends, have a wonderful rest of the week!   xo


7 comments:

  1. Vacation? What is a vacation?...lol My vacation time from work is a staycation as I never go anywhere.
    I like your paintings very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. No vacations for me but I am happy staying home with the cat. I really should try and draw something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a wonderful vacation in San Diego in June. Our favorite place will always be Napa and Sonoma.

    I love the detail on the guitar piece. So lovely!

    I also have trouble commenting on a few blogs. Some don't seem to work on iPad and some don't work on my desktop. Frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea why, either, but I know it makes a difference if you click on the individual blog post rather than just on the blog in general.

    I love vacations of any sort. We try to go at least one good place each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, thank you, painting has been very enjoyable! Stacations are fun too though... just some down time is nice. :)

    Valerie, our Greta hasn't been with us for a while... she was the last of quite a few cats we had over the years... and now we have a mouse Gah!! Ron trapped and relocated one a while ago. And it's either now finally back or another came to visit. *sigh*

    Bijoux, oh, anything related to wine would be amazing! :) Thank you, the canvases are fun to do. Sorry that you have trouble with blog comments too. I've tried connecting to Disqus and even joined Twitter to see if I could log in various ways. It's a mystery! LOL

    Secret Agent Woman, well as you know I was able to comment on your last post... but I had to go in through my phone. I don't use it a lot, the smaller screen gives me the dizzies quicker than other devices. lol Maybe I can continue reading blogs on my laptop, then just switch to the phone for commenting? Will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Mary, I CANNOT believe I missed this post. I can't understand why it didn't show up on my reader??!? Anyway, my apologies, my friend!

    My summer was o-kay. In one way I feel like it flew by (which I love), but in another way (because of the intense heat and humidity) I'm so happy to see it go bye-bye. As you know, summer is my all-time least favorite season. I am so looking forward to AUTUMN!!!

    *doing the happy dance*

    I would love to visit Iceland. I know others who have gone and they said it was stunning! And YES to New England as well! Especially mid-Autumn! Even Winter. I bet it's beautiful.

    So glad to hear that Ron is getting all those work offers. That's awesome!

    Your pieces of art shared here are faaaaaaaaaabulous! I have such a love of giraffe's. I think they have the sweetest-looking faces. And that up close photo of the guitar is incredible. Such amazing detail!

    As I've shared with you many times before, you have such a wide variety of talents, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Ron! No apologies necessary! I have various emails and don't always check them regularly and am in and out of blogland so infrequently these days that ... well... look, a month has gone by before even getting to respond to this comment. Oops. LOL
    Thank you for the compliments. I am enjoying the canvas work quite a bit right now. More shares to come... just as soon as I pour another cup of coffee... ooh, there is definitely a crisp Autumn breeze today. It's only in the low 50's ... don't you love it!! ;) Have a great weekend, neighbor!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!