Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Technology...grrr

 The new blogger format requires that I update new versions of a browser. I have tried them all but because my laptop and iPad are older models, they do not support anything more than what I had before. I am able to to sign in and leave some comments but not actually compose a post. I have never blogged from my phone, but I am on it now just to give you this quick update. Not too long ago, my phone broke, and I lost all my contacts and all my photos. I don't really use my phone for most of my photos anyway.  I use a little pocket camera and then upload them to a program on my laptop. You know I always add many photos to a post, so will have to do more research. Technology and me don't mix too well and I have no idea how to resolve the issues. So just letting you know what's going on. Eventually I'll work something out and be back... oh, you know I disappear for awhile sometimes anyway. Lol 

6 comments:

  1. It can be so irritating, all these updates. It almost seems like we go backwards, because often the updates make things more difficult. I had to break down and buy a new iPad this year because most of my apps had stopped working. Otherwise, my 9year old iPad worked fine! So much for environmental friendliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Mary, I so hear you about the new Blogger update because I resisted for as long as I could. That is until they no longer allowed us to switch back to old Blogger. My last two posts I published with the new format and it took me FOREVER to load my photos. I send them FIVE feedback notices about how difficult it was for not only me, but for everyone but I never heard back from them. I honestly didn't think I would anyway. I did however, figure out how to adjust the size of my photos and videos.

    The only thing that I've not had issues with is all the crazy things I'm reading on blog posts from people who use Blogger and saying that their entire blog template is missing parts, and that their blog posts are randomly disappearing. And I think the only reason I'm not having those issues is because I don't use a Blogger template (and never have). I use a custom designed template that I purchase. And that's why I think I'm also not having issues using different browsers.

    Other than your blog, I hope all is going well for you and your family!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology can be a pain in the butt. The things that are supposed to make our life easier give us headaches. I don't really like blogging from my phone but I do rough drafts from there using the blogger app.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Mar, I agree that it seems sometimes that the faster we go the behinder we get, not sure where that phrase came from, but if the shoe fits! I hear what you are saying and even though my computer and iPad are not old, but still older, I am having issues with photo placement which is why I am just placing them relatively full size. I haven't had issues with putting in text. Also I haven't chanced anything as far as layout since at least one blogger told me she lost things doing that. So, it is ain't broken (another old saying) I ain't fixing it.

    BTW, glad you have been able to comment on blog posts and Thanks for the comment you left on mine. And, hope you do find a workaround.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't add photos to my blog when using Chrome. I can on Safari. I did report the issue to Blogger but of course it's not fixed. There are other issues too. Well done for blogging from your phone, that I've never tried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a break and when I came back today, blogger had gone and changed on me. Took me quite a while to figure out how to post. I have Chrome as a browser and it seemed to work okay, but I wish they'd just leave things alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!