Pages

Friday, May 20, 2022

A wall and a painting

Decorating this wall in our living room has been a slow process.  I could easily fill it up, but am trying to take some time and think about what to add.  It will probably change at some point if the room gets painted.  

After Ron's parents died, I painted a male and female cardinal as a gift to him.  I found an amazing YouTube tutorial (Michelle the Painter) and worked along following instructions as best as I could.  Michelle really does an amazing job guiding you along from beginning to end.  Oh, I had to stop, back up, pause, slow down that video often, going over various parts a few times.  The end result, I was happy with, and even started another painting with her and am hoping to get back to it soon. 

 
 
 
  

Thanks for visiting!  Have a nice day!

16 comments:

  1. That is just lovely! Did you make up your own background for the cardinals or was that part of the tutorial? I had no idea things like that were available on YouTube, but I guess they have everything. I enjoyed looking at your wall. Is that silhouette of you when you were young? I remember having one of me, but no idea what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job! I can't even draw a stick person very well so am easily impressed, I admit, but still those birds look pretty damn good! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! Incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful. I can't draw at ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your painting is beautiful. I like being able to replay parts of videos. It's easier sometimes if I hear what's going on several times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, you did an AWESOME job on the painting. It's GORGEOUS! And not only the painting itself, but the colors you chose. As I've shared with you many times before, you are so creative in so many ways. And this painting is evidence of that!

    Btw, I also love how you arranged all the pieces on the wall. And being that you and I share a love of all things Japanese/Geisha, my eyes immediately went to that image.

    Thanks so much for sharing your talents, my friend! Have a terrific weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Bijoux! Yes, the background was part of the tutorial. She gives a list of what paint colors she uses, and brushes, but says whatever you want to use is fine, too. I have followed other videos (one of hers, and a couple others) for paintings and it helps a lot.
    Yes, that silhouette was done in Kindergarten.

    Stubblejumpers Cafe, thanks!! I am not good with drawing either, so her video was a big help. I'm glad it turned out as good as it did. I have other paintings in my craft room that won't make it up on the wall. haha

    Thank you, Hootin' Anni! You know about creative things, and it feels good to make some art.

    Secret Agent Woman, thanks! I really credit Michelle the Painter for the help on this one. I wouldn't have just been able to sketch something out like that and know colors, etc. without some guidance.

    Rita, thank so much!!

    Thanks, Ann! Yes, that really helps me with a bunch of things!

    Ron, Michelle gives a list of colors that she uses. Since I already had a good supply of paints, I was able to get very close to her choices for this painting.
    Thank you! I do like that Geisha. Since it's b/w photo you can't see the colors/crystals. I'm not sure if I ever posted it? Maybe I'll do another post of crafty things and include it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a really great job with the cardinals, Mary, and sure that your husband appreciated it even more so because of that. Arranging wall art is always a dilemma and looks like you did a good job with that project as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks fantastic. And I love, love, love the cardinals. Being a baseball Cardinals has a lot to do with it but I still think they are pretty awesome animals. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent job! I love nothing more than a montage of images. Even better if they are created by you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, I know it has been awhile since this post and hope that all has been well with you. Sometimes, there is so much going on that blog posting takes a back seat, which is understandable as there certainly are more important things. That said, bloggers become unseen friends who I care about. If you have just been taking a blog break, that’s fine as many folks have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beatrice P. Boyd, thank you for the sweet comments. I can't quite figure out why I don't make my blog more of a priority. It used to be! Can I still get away with blaming Facebook!?? haha Spend a bit too much time there, and then get busy with other things. It's interesting though because I actually do think of all the people who stop by here and leave me comments. One will pop into my head, then another, and other... even when I'm not posting at all.
    Wishing you, Dorothy (and Patrick) a very happy and wonderful new year!!
    ~Mary xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. LL Cool Joe, sorry to have missed replying to your comment back in the summer. Appreciate you stopping by with kindness! Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr. Shife, thanks for the previous comment on this post, and for the recent hello before Christmas!!
    For now, I'm back to my blog. ;) Sure wish I could make good on a resolution to be more active here. haha
    Happy New Year!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!