Pages

Monday, May 16, 2022

Hello!

Hello!
I want to say a very big THANK YOU for all of the nice comments left on my last post.  It meant a lot to me that you reached out with kindness.   (((((HUGS)))))

See that mug full of hot chocolate in the photo above .... as I sit for a bit and enjoy it,  I'll be coming around to visit all of you.  Getting completely caught up here probably gets a little harder every time I take a hiatus, but am going to try.  I think of you all often.  xo

Some things here happening are ...
That 'crazy plant lady' container was headed outside from the porch when I thought it would look nice in the dining room for a bit.  It could be a REMINDER to me that I don't need to buy more plants as tempting as that is since the garden centers are getting stocked up.  Ok, confession... I did buy two hanging petunias, a kalanchoe, and a snake plant recently.  
The process has begun to move plants back outside.  I did lose some, our porch isn't quite warm enough in the winter months, but there are still many nice ones to put under our patio canopy.

Our son got married last month.  The Jamaica mug in the photo was a gift since they honeymooned there.  They brought us back some other sweet things, too.  It's been soooo long since we've gone anywhere.  I've been looking at some possible getaways, but just don't know how much we'd actually enjoy it.  I don't travel very well, and the prices!!   Luna probably wouldn't like us being away either.  We do have two sitters that have worked out well for day trips, but have never gone overnight since adopting her.   She's very attached to us, but it probably would be fine.  Really think it's more the expense of a trip that makes me wonder if it wouldn't just be better to spend money doing some things around the house and stay here.  Who knows!?  My thoughts are all over the place these days.  Stay tuned... maybe you'll see some new curtains and rugs.... or a sunset on a faraway beach.  

Have a great week! 

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Congratulations on your son’s wedding. I know what you mean about trips. The flights are ridiculously expensive and totally unreliable right now. We are looking for places to drive that we haven’t been before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the crazy plant lade container, Mary!!! And that mug full of hot chocolate looks beyond yummy!

    CONGRATULATIONS on your son getting married. Yahoooooo!

    I know, isn't it something how airline tickets have skyrocketed? And to think that two years ago, they couldn't GIVE tickets away for discounted prices. Flying (to me anyway) over the years has gotten to be such a hassle in so many ways. I enjoy train travel and may be doing some over the summer.

    Great to see that you posted, my friend. You've been missed!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel is definitely expensive these days. What I don't like is all the stories about passengers going ballistic...and TSA hassles
    to get thru security!!!!!
    That hot chocolate sounds heavenly (too hot here, tho)
    Congrats to the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your son's wedding. You needed something really happy this year.

    Flying sounds like an ordeal these days. I couldn't blame you for wanting to stay home or travel somewhere by car. I'd be totally down for new curtains and rugs instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hot chocolate looks yummy. I am still a little leery of getting on a plane, but am wanting to travel again at some point. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, you're back and glad to find a new post. Thanks too for your visit and comment on my recent post. Travel is great and as I write this we're on a getaway to NC. Of course, the gas prices are beyond ridiculous as are many other things, but it has definitely been worth it to us, so far. We do hope to take a plane trip within the next year or so because road travel can be tiring. Congrats on the family wedding and that mug looks nice with its hot chocolate and whipped cream contents, drink up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bijoux, thank you! My son/dil's return flight from their honeymoon was cancelled. They weren't able to stay at the airport, not that they wouldn't have wanted to, but were given hotel vouchers and had to go back thru customs and be taken to another resort for the night and then travel back the next morning. So they were given lodging and food, but it's a lot to deal with.

    Ron, thanks!! We were even considering a family trip but when the kids are out of school for anything... everyone else with families travel too... so we haven't found any good deals for that either.
    I found 'crazy plant lady' on clearance at a home center and had to have it. It's very fitting. haha

    Hootin' Anni, thank you! Travel sure is a challenge for so many reasons.
    It never gets as hot here as what you must deal with... but... I do still love hot baths and hot chocolate even in the summer. Of course, probably because we have a/c so it's never really too hot inside.

    Rita, thanks!! Yes, the beginning of the year was a big rough so a lovely wedding was a welcomed event. Ron bought a dog hammock for the back seat of our car so Luna can go with us on errands, maybe we'll do a little longer drive sometime and stop at pet-friendly places. :)

    Secret Agent Woman, I do love chocolate! Hope you do get to travel again soon. Maybe we'll just do a few day trips, or somewhere within a reasonable drive.

    Beatrice P. Boyd, thanks! And I do love that you're on a trip to NC and hope you're having a wonderful time! Ron's parents used to do some long car trips and it did get to be a bit much after awhile. Still nice to have those experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your son's marriage and welcome to the blogosphere. We have missed you and it's great to hear from you again. Take care and I look forward to hearing about your possible travel plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Mr. Shife! It's good to be back, maybe I'll stay a bit longer this time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!