Pages

Friday, February 9, 2024

Cards

I was going to share a belated Christmas post, but now that we're well into February I'm sure no one wants to see all that.  THIS tree I only took down today!  It was on a table behind the couch, and gave off a nice glow for a while, so I kept it up.  It felt good to clean and dust back there though.

My art room also got much needed attention not too long ago.   Was able to organize various supplies and find the table again.  So I've been busy making cards.   This particular style I've done before... handmade envelopes with flowers, butterflies, hearts coming out of them.   I could sit for hours just playing with paper!  Cutting out shapes with my punches, using little foam pop dots to raise up some of them, and I'm even starting to add rhinestones to some since I have a decent supply left from other projects.





I'm still having some issues leaving comments on a couple of your posts.  Others, I'm just behind in reading and will get to you all soon.  Don't even ask about the photo situation.  There's still hope that you'll hear about our anniversary outings, but I haven't managed to find/organize those into an album yet.  Maybe by our next anniversary.  😜

Have a wonderful weekend!! 🤗




19 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous. My Middle Child also makes valentines, mostly using stickers and pictures she prints from the internet.

    I understand about trying to organize. There are posts I started years ago that I never finished. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bijoux!! I have seen so many lovely cards out there and am glad your Middle Child enjoys making them. I just finished up a bunch of wedding themed cards.
      I have so much trouble blogging anymore. Instagram is glitchy for me too. FB works pretty well, but most of my blog friends either don't do FB or don't like to share their page. I am friends with a few there who used to blog but don't anymore but they don't post too often. LOL

      Delete
  2. Mary, I freaking LOVE that tree! And I love it not only for the way you decorated it, but also because of its narrow shape. Well done, my friend!

    And as ALWAYS, I adore your cards. Do you remember the ones you sent me years ago? Well I still have them in the original wrapping they came in, so they are in mint condition. I really should have them framed and hung up in my apartment.

    I especially love that first one (pink, black and white). The Valentine's Day ones are just gorgeous! They made me smile!

    As I've shared many, many times in the past, I think you're soooooooooooo talented in so many creative ways. And thank you for sharing your talents!

    Have a superb weekend, neighbor! I think we're getting more of OUR kind of weather next week. It's too damn warm for me right now. It feels like spring/summer. UGH!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ron. YES! I do remember sending you cards. Maybe a shell one? Not sure what else. I just made some wedding theme cards for someone who will be attending a few weddings soon. I enjoy it, but then I want to get back to painting, and then I get the urge to make jewelry. LOL
      Thanks very much for the complements!
      I'm having such a hard time getting with blogging. Lately, I've been unable to sign in so comment replies for now are anonymous. Well, who else would be replying?
      Speaking of weather two months later... haha... it was HOT today! I did get some plants repotted but took quite a few breaks. LOL

      Delete
  3. I can see why you left the tree up. Nothing prettier in the evenings! All your cards are so cute! Being in that creative zone is so relaxing and time flies by. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita! Thanks! I really do enjoy my creative time. Lately, wedding cards. But there are canvases waiting for me to get back to.
      Having trouble signing in lately... so my comment replies here are anonymous. haha. It's me though. :)

      Delete
  4. There's nothing "wrong" with leaving a tree up long after Christmas, and as evidence, the holiday village is still set up in our apt. Putting it up and taking it down and putting all the pieces away takes several days so no rush on my husband's part. We've enjoyed seeing it lit up each night as I am sure you enjoyed the tree.

    Your cards are all so lovely, Mary, and I could not decide on which one was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dorothy! I enjoy making cards so much that I have trouble deciding on favs too! Lately, wedding cards are what I'm making. Had a small order for a few but made extras to have on hand.
      I think by the time I get back to blogging it'll be the 2024 holiday season! haha
      Can't seem to sign in... so my comment replies are anonymous.

      Delete
  5. Your cards are beautiful.
    The tree up is good for the spirit, then up it stays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love to play with my papers. Lately I've been making some wedding themed cards.
      Of course since it's now April the trees are put away... but there are still 2 little live trees on the porch (European Cyprus) and one still has flocking on it and a Santa on a ladder. Hope they make it, my last 2 didn't. :(

      Delete
  6. It's always good to see you, Mary! I have a string of Christmas bulbs that stay up year round; a couple of them, actually.
    - Signed, Better Kate Than Never

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! I still have some fairy type lights around the house but they are up all year. Love the sweet glow of them.
      By the time I get back to blogging the tree for 2024 will be up! haha

      Delete
  7. Love the cards, Mary. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mr. Shife! I enjoy making them. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Mary, this is Beatrice (Dorothy) from the Frog & Penguinn blog and just wanted to drop a few lines to let you know you have been missed and I hope that all is well , Maybe you are taking a long blog break?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dorothy!! Thank you very much for stopping by to leave a message! Yes, I am on toooo long of a break. Will try to remedy that!
    Right now... I am signed in to my blog, but, the comment page says that I am 'unable to sign in to comment' blah blah... so tired of glitches with technology. *sigh*
    All is well, and I hope things are also good with you and Patrick.
    Mary
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yay, that posted!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, just checking in to say hello and since you haven't posted in so many months, I was wondering if maybe you had decided to "retire" from blogging? If so (or not) could you post a comment on my blog or by email to let me know as I have been checking your blog and not finding any recent posts was just wondering. Do hope all is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again, guess you are on a long-term blog hiatus? I will remove you blog from my sidebar until you are back again, Mary. Just post a comment to mine to let me know, thanks and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!