Ron always finds the best things to give me! This table top easel was for Valentine's day. It will make painting much easier because you should have seen me working on the yoga frogs from the last post. I had the canvas on top of a drop sheet with a pillow under it and part of the time it was balancing against a lamp. Ridiculousness!
Two paintings that I'm currently stuck on are these:
11x14x1/4" board
12x12x1 1/2" canvas
I say stuck because I like them enough to not mess up by going forward into the unknown, but, also know they aren't finished. So a matte glaze went on and will get back to them... eventually. Or not.
Wow, am so tired of the cold weather! Even though I do enjoy all the seasons for different reasons, as it gets toward the end of one I'm anticipating the next. Really haven't enjoyed much of this winter though, other than Christmastime, so hurry up SPRING!
This made me laugh! 😆 Also, I actually want people to picture this because I do love dragons.





What a thoughtful gift! I really like the second painting because of the purple in the sky. You really are talented, Mary. I hope you and Ron had a nice Valentine’s Day. We are celebrating late this weekend, to avoid the crowds. Glad you posted! XO
ReplyDeleteNice table easel and paintings
ReplyDeleteThe cold weather makes winter feel like winter. Spring arrival thoughts are already soothing my brain.
Mary, my friend, your talent in ENDLESS! These painting are GORGEOUS! They kind of remind me of Monet. And I love what you said about liking them enough not to mess them up, yet you know they aren't finished! That's such a great analogy of life - one continual creation - in the moment!
ReplyDeletePerfect gift that Ron gave you!
By the way, I love those white chairs in your dining area - shabby chic!
Happy Friday, my friend! X
Thanks for the comments on my recent posts, Mary, and for your condolences on my friend's passing. We come to an age in our lives when it seems so many of those we love or have known are passing.
ReplyDeleteI admit to having been remiss in blog visits, not intentional, but time is always my issue in that there's not enough of it or I have not been managing it as well as I could? But, I am here now and glad to be catching up, my blog friend.
The Hearts Day gift was very nice as are your paintings and my preference is the second one. The sky is dramatic with hints of my favorite color, purple. It's perfectly fine to leave it "as is" in my opinion.
Lovely paintings, Mary, and I hope you become unstuck soon. Take care and I am ready for the warmer weather too.
ReplyDelete