Saturday, I did have some sales, alot of greeting cards, but it's hard to make table and profit on the smaller items. In jewelry, I only sold a couple pairs of earrings and got 2 possible orders. Even though a low sale day is frustrating it's also fun because you sometimes meet very nice people. The couple next to me made soy candles in mason jars so we had something to chat about right away. Meeting other vendors is cool, especially when they are so friendly. I was right in front of the town's Democrat club so I got free signs for my lawn. 'Rob Andrews for Senate'!

I've still got work to do on my displays but for as low-budget as the biz is, I have found that I have to improvise. I make the cards for the earring rack out of cardstock and hand print my biz name on them. Eventually, I'd like to get laminated cards for all my things, better signs, more stacking containers to work in layers. Also, I want to get flower swags for the tent legs, etc. etc. It's a work in progress.

After packing up, it was right over to the firehouse. The kids got a free rental because of family being associated with the station. Otherwise they wouldn't have had such a big party. Our home is small and with only one bathroom, we're limited to how many invites we can send. The bigger space allowed my daughter to ask people she hadn't seen in some time to come for dinner. It was a good time for all. No D.J. or catered food, just a boom box, some kids games, and many food dishes that some family and friends contributed.
After the party, we came home and unloaded everything and hubby and son gave me my gift for Mother's Day. A new camera. Yes, I know I just got a camera the end of last year but that's a little bulky (Canon Powershot S5IS) and honey wanted me to have a little point and shoot to keep in my purse. This new one is really small. A Sony Cybershot. It's working pretty well. Most of the following shots were taken with the new toy.
Mother's Day:
I gave my daughter her gift and visited with Alex for a bit and then hubby fixed me a bubble bath. DeeeeLightFul!!
My son wanted to sleep in so just hub and I headed to the Casinos in Atlantic City. Some of the shore points in New Jersey are less than an hour's drive from us. It's a fun day trip!


As we strolled down the boardwalk we came across people trying to earn money for different reasons. A veteran here and there, a homeless person or two, a couple performers. This guy was kind of neat.
These birds are EVERYWHERE at the shore. And they will take the food right out of your hand if not careful.
We wandered down to the Hard Rock Cafe and had a late lunch. This colorful display was on one of the walls there.
The elephant at the Trump's Taj.
What?? Honey letting me take more pictures??!!!??

It was breezy and cooler than at home, but still a nice day at the shore. We only ventured to the beach for a quick view and a few pictures.

Before going back home, we stopped at a Wind Farm. The turbines and blades sure are big!

After we got back home and fed the dogs, it was right back out again. Saw the movie 'What Happens in Vegas' with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. I really liked it. Hub knew seeing this movie gets him closer to seeing Speed Racer so he was very cooperative. We got some laughs from their cute one-liners though and it made a fun end to the weekend.
Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I'd be in bed all day Monday too. lol
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new camera and I love the birthday pics of your grandson enjoying his cake!!
OMG Stunning photos!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are soooo pretty!!! xx
Ok, first of all...the photos of your craft show items looked FABULOUS! You had everything displayed so professional looking. Your greeting cards are lovely! You do great work, M!
ReplyDeleteHey...and I cannot believe Atlantic city is that close to you! It's about an hour and twenty minutes from Philly. I took the bus there a couple of times. My family has some old friends that work at the casinos. I LOVE the Bergato (I think that's how you spell it). When I was a kid, my family use to go to Wildwood Crest for a week each summer. We had a BLAST! Remember Hunts Pier?
WOW...and you got a NEW CAMERA for Mother's Day? What a great guy your hubby is. ooooh...and a bubble bath! All the photos you took look awesome.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Thanks for sharing your weekend, M. Really enjoyed it!
I love all the pictures. You and hubby are absolutely beautiful together. You definatly look like the perfect fit.
ReplyDeletemy pictures of the weekend would have been of my messy house, and us sleeping on the couch. hahahaha
Rhea, dang girl I'm STILL tired and it's Wednesday. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks Giggle, you are sweet!
Hi Ron, how nice of you to say. It's a work in progress! I think you mean, the Borgata? We've been there once or twice. It's not right along the boardwalk, it's closer to those wind farms I think.
Yeah, the bubble bath sure was nice but y'all won't be seeing pics of stuff like that. LOL
Burfica, he hates his picture taken but sometimes I manage to get a good one and he's okay with it. And I wouldn't have to try to hard to get pics of mess and sleeping. That happens ALOT here! LOL