Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sure hope I don't become the plant murderer.

Honey bought me 2 hanging baskets yesterday. The orange and white one is called Calibrachoa. Aren't the flowers beautiful!?! Some people call them 'million bells' but the owner of the greenhouse doesn't like that term for some reason. He said if we call it anything, call it a 'Cali'. Okay.....
He said they need some iron (hey, a fellow anemic can certainly understand that) but otherwise should be happy with some bright light and a good drink of water often. The flowers should stay in bloom for some time!
I don't want to be negative, but I think I heard it wimper when we put it in the truck so I've got to really try better THIS TIME.



Aren't the blooms just lovely?!!!


The other plant he bought me was this wonderful fern. How gorgeous is that?!!! Atleast when the fronds start to shrivel and turn brown, they'll go with the colors on our porch. ;) Oops..... bad attitude. Sorry. I used to do really well with plants but for some reason have had a difficult time with them outside. So these babies might have to stay right on the porch where I can tend to them more frequently. If I go missing from Blogland for awhile you'll know that I'm entangled somewhere on the Little Porch of Horrors. But so far so good.........


6 comments:

  1. those are very nice.

    Indirect sunlight and light daily watering should do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...you are so DAMN funny!

    I actually wrote a post a while back called, "Little Shop of Horrors."

    And it was about how I KILL every single plant that comes within a mile of me. So I know how you feel!
    And a FERN...forget it...ten minutes with me and they're BROWN.

    Damn...these really are beautiful plants you show here. The flowers remind me of what you see when you live in Florida. They run wild everywhere.

    That's it...keep a positive attitude...and they should be fine.

    If not...I find that "silks" are just as lovely!

    tee, hee!

    Cute post, M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL Blooms!! Love them. I have to be very careful with plants. I sometimes kill them. Especially if they are indoor plants. The only plant I have left in my house is bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hammer, easier said than done... yesterday I put them outside for a bit and didn't bring them in. Today it's pouring rain so they aren't thirsty, that's for sure.
    Ron, maybe I read that one on your blog and it was in my head somewhere. I love plants but am just not always good with them. Here's hoping this time will be okay!
    Silks... OH confession time. One year I took a bunch of flower stems and stuck them in my gardens for some color when the 'real' ones wouldn't take. LOL
    Bichonpawz, I have heard that Bamboo planted outside grows like crazy!! It's so neat tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers! I think my plants wimper too...the ones that aren't flatlined already. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhea, why is it that some people can manage their plants and they grow so big and gorgeous and the rest of us just look at them and they droop? LOL
    I'm going to really try this time. Being I never got back into the yard to plant anything after mulching I guess I can handle 2 plants, right?? LOL We'll see....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!