
He's only about 15 months old, but loves to look at books! He's always trying to get mine off the bookcases. I don't think he's ready for Anne Rice's vampires. But Eric Carle has some good ones for young people and his Mommy reads to him. YAY! Reading is fun!

Hello handsome!


and have a couple rubber stamps so am working on Irish greetings. Yesterday I met a friend for coffee and took a bag of supplies to work on cards while I was there. Although, I did forget to take glue so I've got to get back to work today. That is after I go gargle with morphine and hemlock. Eew, ick, snotty summer sinus colds are the worst.

* Recently finished reading A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. It didn't grab me at first for some reason, but because Bonnie (from Bon's Time Out) recommended it, I stuck with it and am really glad I did!! Very powerful novel.
I'm not sure what I'll read next. I've read a couple chapters of 'A Year in the World' by Frances Mayes but because it's highlights from her travels I can skip thru that one at my leisure. I read her chapter on Morocco the other night. I've always been fascinated with certain places. On my sidebar there's a new blog that I'm totally loving called 'My Marrakesh'.
The book, 'In the Company of the Courtesan' is still calling my name. And I think I like the 'Twilight' series too. I haven't decided to buy them yet, only started the first book at Barnes recently.
So what's new with you? Reading anything good? Have any plans in the works? Hope it's been a nice weekend for all. :) Peace, Mary
Mary, nice photos. I hope that you are having a good day.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteYou've been quite the busy woman.
Book the vacation and don't look back. You'll have a great time and most importantly, deserve the time with your hubby.
Reading is indeed good. One of my favorite things to do, other than stamping and spending time with my friends and family.
I'm reading a bunch of chick lit books right now. I tend to do that in the summer.
Great pics! What a cutie he is!
ReplyDeleteLove the earrings!
I just started reading Laurell K. Hamilton's "Danse Macabre." Vampires, werewolves - yummy! I just finised, "The Suicide Shop" by Jean Teule. It's a very dark, very funny book.
He always looks so happy! Does he ever cry? I don't think he does, sweet baby.
ReplyDeleteI love those earrings - I hope you sell out.
I just finished a really good book called "Those Who Save Us" by Jenna Blum. It was a very moving story. google it.
Hope your cold gets better - Clarke just caught one too.
Love & stuff -
fiwa
Hi M!
ReplyDeleteYa know...I just love when you show us photos of Alex, because it's like watching him GROW!
GOD...those little boots he has on in the first shot are ADORABLE!!
He looks like a little construction worker.
Your jewelry is so beautiful! You do such a wonder job, M. And the way you present them is so inviting and appealing.
Love the rubber stamp and the paper in the last photo too. Green is actually my favorite color.
(besides BLACK...you know, I'm a vampire)
Sorry to hear about your sinus/cold thing going on. And you're SO right...having a cold in the summer is the WORST! It makes the sinuses and head feel like cotton is crammed inside them!
I'm sure your doing all sorts of wonderful things with your natural healing things.
I do the same thing. God, if I didn't have all my essential oils and things, I'd die.
Anyway, glad to hear you're getting some reading done.
I worked all weekend, and tomorrow I've got off...yepeee!
Oh, well...got to get going on my post.
Take care, M and keep sniffing that Eucalyptus oil!
GO TO CANCUN! If an opportunity arises to have an experience, then take it. We only regret the experiences we DIDN'T have, not the ones we were brave enough to make.
ReplyDeleteI love the green earrings, green is my favorite color.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics of the babes!!!
ewwww at the cold!!! I go get antibiotics for my sinus infections, cuz those guys put me in the hospital if I don't. I've had way to many over the years.
Read the Twilight books. I bought the first three just from hearing about them. Then I almost came out of my underroos when I found out when the 4th was coming out.
You will like them. Even my hubby loved them.
A little joke to take with you to the Irish fair.
ReplyDeleteWhat's Irish and stays out all night?
Patty O'Furniture
I love those little boots! Adorable! I like what you're doing to the pictures. Have you been using Picnik, my new best friend?
ReplyDeleteI love the earrings you're putting on display. Looks lovely!! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Netty pot, baby, my husband loves that thing. ick
Oh! He is sooooo CUTE!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm all clucky now!!! Good thing I'm already preggo! *GiGGLeS* xx
Alex is a cute little guy. He looks great in the boots. I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Get down there and lay out on the beach in Cancun and you will feel mo betta.
ReplyDeleteWow .. adorable baby ... fabulous earrings .. I also peeked at your other log with the clever earrings and be-u-tiful necklace .. you are a talented lady!
ReplyDeleteAnd I see you know Giggle! too!
Thanks again for stopping by...
:-Daryl
My goodness, look at all your comments. That was an inspired idea to do a giveaway contest. I am so excited about my prize. I'm glad you finished the book. It's one of those that kind of makes you sick. I like it because of it's truth and I learned about historical events in a way that was interesting. You may not trust my taste any more but my second favorite book is called Pretty Birds. It's about a teenage girl sniper in Sarajevo. Written by a journalist for the New York Times, I believe he has found his calling in novels. Killer book. Je t'adore. xoxo
ReplyDeleteBook the vacation. You never know when you're going to get another chance to take one.
ReplyDeleteoh sinus infections are wicked! feel better
ReplyDeletephotos are adorable and your earrings are gorgeous.
Bubs in boots is sooo adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteReading? Only what herbs will help induce/ease pain and heal after labour!
Oh and the labels of foods!
Just take the dang holiday woman! You'll be glad once you do!
Go Mary!!! Go to Cancun and don't look back!! You guys will have a fabulous time and deserve some time off. Hope you are feeling better soon...I am so behind in reading blogs. Hope the fair goes great too. Looks like you are working on some terrific projects. I just went to my favorite stamp store today and spent WAY tooooooo much $$$$$ but hey....the stuff is ultra cute!! Hugs, Jeanne
ReplyDeleteMike, thanks! Hope your day is nice as well.
ReplyDeleteMo, feeling better now. Just bought another book, can never decide which theme to read. Light reading in the summer is good!
Nitebyrd, oooh I'll have to keep those in mind. Thanks, I love earrings, wish I could wear them.
Fiwa, dang summer colds, hope Clarke feels better soon. I'll check out the book!
Ron, I looked back at older pics the other day and see how much he has grown. Amazing. Green was my Mom's fav color too.
Tracey, you are SO right!!!
Thank you. :)
Burfica, green is GOOD!
I've had worse sinus infections where I've definitely needed the anti-biotics. Luckily this time I'm getting well on my own.
Jeff, there's an idea, stand at my display with a long list of jokes to lure people over. Either that, or send them running.
LOL
Rhea, he is a cutie patootie that's for sure.
YES, I love Picnik!! I'll have to google the netty pot thingy.
Giggle, you're going to be an awesome Mommy! Can't wait to see pics of your little bundle of joy! :)
Debi, that sounds like a good plan!! Beautiful waters and a little sunshine! Feeling better already just thinking about it.
Daryl, Alex sure is a handsome little man, I'm blessed! Yes, Giggle is the best! Thanks for the compliments and stopping by. :)
Bonnie, I asked an Indian woman I know about some things in the book and she said unfortunately, yes, it was based on true things. Crazy, huh?
Of course I trust you to recommend other books. I'll put that on my list for a future read! The giveaway was so much fun. I hope to do one again, maybe for the holidays!
Ace, you are absolutely right. We don't go away every year and we won't be having another 25th anniversary, so we will be parting with some money any day now. Thanks for stopping by.
Dianne, I am feeling better now finally, thanks. And for the compliments. I enjoy working with the photos and making jewelry!
Trublmaka, It's been a long time, but I remember. Best wishes.
Yes, we are going to go, I've already bought some clothes!!
Bichonpawz, I get behind too and there always seems to be another blog I want to visit and comment on.
I was just at the craft shop last night and OMG, 60 bucks later..... and I just went in for one or two things. We're getting excited about our trip and it's still 3 months away.
Have a happy weekend everyone!!