Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Getting closer....but not there yet.

It's a little too early to be posting these pictures. But I think we are close to deciding on our vacation plans. Was Cancun on the original list?? No, I don't think it was. Hmmm.... Well, now it's the number one choice!!! Hubby and I are getting excited about this possibility. We've already gone online and checked out excursions! Okay, there are a couple of glitches. Because our special day is near a holiday, getting reasonable airfare prices is almost impossible. So we may have to go a week later than planned which means we won't be HERE


on our actual anniversary. And we won't get to fool around in this yummy looking bed



on the anniversary either. But because the average cost of this hotel is $575.00 per night, we need to shuffle a few things. Glitch #2.... MONEY. Actually we need to sell our furniture and pets. Slightly worn and really cute. Can I get any offers???? Can you even imagine spending $575.00 PER NIGHT on a hotel room??? OMG. Did I fall and hit my head? Am I seriously thinking we can afford this? The thing is..... that includes ALL meals, ALL drinks, ALL tips! Okay, I've read about how great the staff is at this place so they are surely going to be expecting MORE tips. Maybe I can give out earrings and DVD's??? LOL
Ah well...... we applied for our passports and when they come in we'll see where we are. And if all this has worn off or we can't swing the prices we'll just pack light and head somewhere local. It's fun to dream and give it a try though isn't it?
Speaking of earrings and DVD's......
I'll be having one of the kids draw a name for my blog giveaway sometime next week. So hang in there and I'll be posting a winner shortly. Good luck to all who entered!

12 comments:

  1. OMG! I sooooooooo want to be in Cancun right this very MINUTE!!! I want to be by THAT pool and in THAT bed. Uh yeah right. For $575 a night....only in my dreams. Sigh. It IS good to dream though. Good Luck Mary!!!!! Hope you get to go!!!!!bbbb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about vacation plans! Cancun is fun. $575 a night is way over my budget too! lol Hope you can work out all the details soon! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that pool! I wanna get in that pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it usually happens that the ultimate decision was never on the original list!! LOL

    I think Cancun is a great idea and you can celebrate your anniversay twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that looks like Heaven. Wherever you decide to go, im sure you will have fun.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cancun is great.those prices aren't too bad but you have to watch for package deals that will try to stiff you on quality. Maybe check reviews of that particular one.

    Hint. Don't eat any lettuce, spinach, or anything that doesn't come in a rind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll come back and read later, but I gave you an award on my blog, go look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy shit, M...$575.00 PER NIGHT????

    My god...the Ritz Carlton is only something like $325.00!

    ooooh...but CANCUN!!!! How FABULOUS!!

    The photos are too DIE FOR! And that bed...is AWESOME!

    oooh la, la!

    Hey listen, if it's really meant for you to go to Cancun...then all the finances will magically appear!

    (if not...Hershey Park is always a nice option)

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where ever you end up I just want you to have the best time ever. Cancun does sound pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 575 for one night?? wow.

    but i bet it is a great place to stay... how can it not be at that price.

    i would love to go to Mexico... i've heard it is beautiful and a lot of fun things to do.

    is there any other place you can stay there?? maybe rent a little cottage on the beach or something. it sure would be romantic.

    any where you go you will have a good time, i hope. :)

    can't wait to see who the winner is... and also where you and hubs end up going on your anniversary-moon!! :)

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. 575 for one night?? wow.

    but i bet it is a great place to stay... how can it not be at that price.

    i would love to go to Mexico... i've heard it is beautiful and a lot of fun things to do.

    is there any other place you can stay there?? maybe rent a little cottage on the beach or something. it sure would be romantic.

    any where you go you will have a good time, i hope. :)

    can't wait to see who the winner is... and also where you and hubs end up going on your anniversary-moon!! :)

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi EVERYONE!! Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment. We haven't booked anything yet but do have a travel agent getting us some information. Here's hoping we'll have a pool and a room just like that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!