Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Has it been a week??

OMG, my blog is boring! I haven't posted in a week. What to say, what to say???? It's not like there isn't anything going on. Right?? Well.... uh....
I've been eating alot of this yummy dip.
Babaganoush!
Have you ever had it??? If not you MUST try it. Mmmm.... roasted eggplant.


I would invite you over for some, but unfortunately I don't have a dining room right now. I really do know where things are in this mess but it's definitely a organizational project for when school starts back up and we try to find a routine to the days again.




That is if I can get my son to quit playing Guitar Hero long enough to start 10th grade next week. He's really, really, really good at it, but I don't think he can major in gaming at college. Although I'm sure a few have tried. So, I guess I have to become Mean Mom and make sure his summer reading book is finished as well as the math package that is due on the first day of school



Speaking of reading..... My new read is called 'Bliss' by O.Z. Livaneli. It's about a 15 year old girl in Turkey who is condemned to death by the Uncle, a shiekh, who raped her. The 'honor killing' is to be carried out by her cousin, a commando in the Turkish Army. I'm only on page 18 but it's pretty intense so far.





Hubby has a couple of days off. Finally. He's in construction and has been running a big job at a new high rise building in Philadelphia. Being a foreman doesn't pay all that much more but comes with a lot of extra responsibility. And if you think construction workers don't do drama, guess again. He's exhausted from managing many different personalities and keeping alot of bosses happy. Vaca isn't going to come soon enough.

I can't believe it's almost September!!!! Of course I'm behind with my greeting cards. Should be working on Christmas and I'm only finishing Halloween. I found some spooky papers in the craft store. The spider tag and ghostie are raised up with pop dots. I love pop dots.








There were a few other pictures I was going to post but I'm tired from a long week of being a domestic Goddess.

More later.....

Hope y'all are having a great weekend! Peace, Mare

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I come over and cough and blow my nose while reading your blog.

    I love the cards!!!

    Never tried that dip, can't find it here. Small po dunk town. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I have not even started thinking about my Halloween cards, let alone Christmas.

    You are so ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M, I LOVE the Halloween stuff you've created!

    Hot Damn!

    It's one of my favorite holidays, so whenever I start to see all the festive things coming out, I get so excited!!!

    God...can you believe the summer's almost over? However, you know ME...I'm not at all sad.

    Ha!

    But I must admit...at least it FLEW BY this year.

    This is the time of the year, I love the most...when we're JUST starting to move into Fall. I savor this!

    Well, it sounds like you had a nice week at home being a DOMESTIC GODDESS!

    Hey, that dip looks so yummy. I love all kinds of dips.

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Labor Day tomorrow, M!

    I'm working today, but tomorrow...it's RELAX day!

    Later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. heehee welcome back!

    I can relate to a few of those things!


    I can eat dip for brekky lunch and dinner!

    My WHOLE house looks like that one piccy of clutter!

    And I too am addicted to guitar hero! :-P *GiGGLeS* xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Halloween stuff!

    Babagawhat?! lol Never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!