and I'd follow that man anywhere!!

We walked past many trees that are really old and very neat looking!

The sky was beautiful too. It was very cloudy in the morning but it brightened up later on.

We found alot of mushrooms.

Don't know what kind they were, or if they were edible. We certainly didn't eat any.

And I didn't even mind so much crawling around the forest getting up close and personal with the local fungi. Hubby says he likes when I'm a dirty girl, now I know what he really means. ;)

If we were able to 'see' certain things, maybe there would be a family of magical fairies living right underneath the 'shroom cap. Can you see them?

Stopping at the woods to wander around for awhile was a nice detour on our way home from the Festival. There's so much wonderful history in this area. Just past the bridge and down the road is where supplies were manufactured for the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War.

So many textures and colors to take in. While it is extremely peaceful in around Batsto,


I sometimes remember the legend of the Jersey Devil, wondering if anything is lurking around. Could there be something in the secluded area of the forest? There are still strange sightings reported! Oooh.....

Maybe something is up in a tree, looking down, waiting for dark......
I think my mind is just working a little overtime because it's close to Halloween.
OH wait, could that be a creature coming up out of the water???? Na, just hubby skipping a couple stones before we left the woods for the day.

Wouldn't want to be there too long after dark, you know.... just in case something really is out there. ;)


HOLY COW, M!
ReplyDeleteYou are SOOOO freaking fabulous with the camera!!!!
All of these shots are breathtaking!!
The mushrooms made me feel like I was in Alice in Wonderland!
The shot of the lake and bridge was to die for!! The colors of the leaves are unbelievable!
And that last shot of the sun setting through the trees was so mystical!
Listen, when you have the time, could you please email me what type of camera you use? I want to buy myself a new digital for Christmas this year. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I really need to get a better camera than the one I've got. Thanks!
And Thanks for sharing your day, M!
Enjoyed it!!!!
Nice indeed!
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing pictures you captured.
Such beauty. Thank you for sharing.
I saw them! I really saw them. The fairies I mean. Right underneath those cute little mushrooms. AWESOME shots M!
ReplyDeleteMary,
ReplyDeleteThose are some amazing shots!! I love those kind of days that are spent together out in nature. Did you get a new camera? What kind are you using in those shots? I love the soft focus "dreamy" effect.
Jane
WOW!
ReplyDeleteyou did a fantastic job with the pictures.
it sounded like a great day... and how nice of your hubby to take you to the woods for a nice walk and some great shots!! what a good man.
i'm glad you had fun!!
xoxoxo
What fantastic photos! I absolutely love the ones of the fungi. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day that must have been. I love that pine tree - the bark looks like fish scales.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can see the fairies, they were having a picnic under that mushroom cap!
love & hugs,
fiwa
That looked so awesome!!!! Loved all the mushrooms.
ReplyDeleteMan I wish we had tree's with a bunch of different colored leaves. We have brown, ick. A few yellow, that's it.
I seen a really cool centerpiece decoration I would love to make but it takes tons of leaves of all colors, and well it wouldn't look good just being brown. hahahahahhaa
shots of the mushroom are really good.
ReplyDeleteWhat beauiful bright photos!!! Just gorjus!
ReplyDeleteThat's so nice that you got to spend some QT with Hubby! xx
Mary, those are some amazing shots! I love the last one with the sun peering out through the trees. I love the soft effect that you have captured here!
ReplyDeleteFall is going so quickly isn't it?
Oh Ps. I tagged you on my blog, check it for details - no pressure to do it :)
I love the shroom pix. I like the look of mushrooms and yes I can see the fairies. I especially like the one with purple tones on it. I also like the bridge picture.
ReplyDeleteH E L L O. When did you get so good with the camera? you have been hiding behind your words. These are amazing. More, please! Looking at photography is something I love.
ReplyDeleteRon, well you already got the camera info from me, I'm just terribly late posting comment replies here.... as usual. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the compliments.
Mo, I really love taking pictures but just have no skill whatsoever, so that I get some shots that people enjoy is neat! Thanks.
Bermudabluez, ah, you have better eyes than I do! I was right there, up close and personal and the fairies must have hid themselves and good.... they must have been scared seeing a big girl with a big camera. LOL
Jane, for these pics I used my Canon. It's a Powershot S5 IS. I have had it for awhile but don't really understand alot of the settings. For the 'shrooms I used macro, so that is a little easier. The closer you are the better. I'm not a mushroom person really, don't like eating them at all, but the forest was fun!
Jennifer, thanks! We've been going to Batsto for soooo many years!!! Since before we were married. Always a nice day trip.
Akelamalu, it was kinda fun being out there and getting down low to capture those mushrooms so close. Branches and twigs and dirt and pine needles. Not a girlygirl day. haha
Fiwa, YES! neat observation. I think there are worlds of things out there that we don't 'see' and maybe that don't 'see' us but still there.
Burfica, you probably have an ACMoore or Michaels out there so just include some dried or silk stuff in a complimentary color. Browns and gold are terrific!!
Ace, thanks, it was the first time I ever took pics of mushrooms. Fun.
Giggle, spending the day with honey is always fun and nice. Hope you are well, I'll have to visit your place soon, I know it's been awhile. Miss ya.
ThisGuy, thank you. I liked that one too. And of course you know by now that I did the meme. They are always fun. Thanks for tagging me!
Handsome, I think the bridge one is my favorite too. I was sorta trying to picture life back then in the late 18th century around that area. So much history.
Bonnie, thanks sweetie, you're too kind. You know I have no mad skilz or anything, just get lucky now and then. A 'real' photographer would have lots to critique on my pics I'm sure. But glad you like them. I sure have fun with my cameras.