In Philadelphia, Preston and Steve's morning radio show on WMMR is very popular. I usually listen on the way home from taking my son to school and if I have morning errands. Sometimes they are raunchy, other times silly, but are always having fun. We met them at Creamy Acres recently after a night of haunted houses, hay rides, and a corn field maze.


I don't know either but apparently we like to do it with Ollie.

The Fall craft fairs have begun. I attended one today and the guy juggling on stilts was probably the best part. Sales were pathetic. It rained on and off all day and if people were out and about, they surely weren't at at this school. Shame too, I had some good specials. Only sold some earrings today. :*(

That's alright, we had other things to do tonight. My son went to a school dance, with proper dress required. He put a nice outfit together.

We went to a Halloween party! Of course there was a witch there.

A few of us dressed up!

Because hubbers had to work and I was doing the craft fair, we were pushed for time/ideas so went with comfy costumes. He wore Phillies pj bottoms and a team shirt and hat, in honor of them being in the World Series....YAY!!!! I'm in the process of finding my inner child. She's a very bizarre girl. Well, we all knew this didn't we???

Our friends had games planned with prizes. Hubby won a nice candle for a mini pumpkin toss game and I won more candles for, how shall I say this.... sucking and blowing?? Guess I can't just leave that hanging out there with no explanation. Picture piles of candy corn, straws, and cups. Everyone at the same time grabbed their straws and had to suck up candy corn, one at a time, release them into the cup, repeat, repeat, repeat, 'til time is called. Hubby said I tried to edge him right out a few times and when I finished with the pile in front of us I moved on to the pile on the other side. You can see from this next picture that it was a total frenzy. But it was the little girl in pigtails and kitty cat jammies who managed to get 51 of those nasty little candies in her cup because obviously she has mad skills! ;)

So we were all having a great time and then I remembered I was only 7 and got really frightened by the witch.

Actually, I think she tried to take my glass of Reisling. Do.not.do.that witchy poo. Things could get ugly. I could have a temper tantrum.
What are you doing this weekend?
Hi the doggie looks particularly longsuffering, but not as dog-gone as some other shades-sporting canines I've seen online
ReplyDeletehi! I'm still around. Just practically wiped out with the horror of living (well y'know...)
OMG...these photos are FABULOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't believe you've been to a Halloween party already!!
But then again...it's THIS Friday!!! Damn...where has October gone??
The game you guys played with the candy corn sounds like SOOOO much fun! I have to remember that one in case we do something at work this week. We usually pick a "theme" and then all dress up as something from it. I suggested classical black and white films, and we could each come as a movie star!
Yours and Hubby costumes look GREAT! And speaking of the Phillies.. .last night at 2AM the streets filled with SCREAMING fans and went til 3! The cops finally had to come and make eveyone leave. It was SOOOO noisy outside my apartment! I have a feeling I'll be hearing it tonight too.
Sorry to hear about the craft show being NOT busy. I worked today and it wasn't busy either.
Anyway, M...thanks for sharing your weekend. I enjoyed it!
oooohhh...and Ollie looks very COOL in his shades!
woof!
Enjoy your evening!
I don't know why it's funny to dress up dogs - but it certainly is!!
ReplyDeleteYou all look fantastic and how dare that witchy poo try to steal your wine! ;)
Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteWe went to the fall festival this past weekend. Mostly food booths and kids bounce houses. A silent auction of artwork done by the "special needs" school.
On Nov 1st, is a big craft fair here called Christmas in November. I usually go every year, but unfortunatly in the past 20 some odd years, it's the exact same people with the exact same crafts, just higher prices. So...I'm looking forward to the "Santa's last call" craft show.
We also have the balloon regatta in town this weekend. I'm sure the boys will go help in the mornings, when they do, sometimes they get a ride for free. Then on Saturday night they close off main street, set up a street fair. A few booths and mostly food. Then when it gets dark they do the balloon glow with all the hot air balloons. Last till about 9. Entire town comes out and walks up and down main street looking at them all, collecting trading cards, eating. A real nice time.
Great photos! Your son looks so adorable dressed up for the dance. And I love you and your husband in costumes!
ReplyDeleteSorry sales were down at the fair, I hope the next one is more fruitful!
Ollie looks so laid back in his shades. What a good doggy. Bitsy would shake them off as fast as I could put them on.
ReplyDeleteYour Halloween party looks like it was fun! I was cracking up at the game you won. Clarke and I are going to a Halloween parade, and I have been putting together a Thelma from Scooby Doo outfit, but it's just not working. And then this morning on the news they said it's going to cold and rainy on Halloween night. I decided to scrap it and just wear jeans and a sweater so I'll be warm.
Hope you have a wonderful week -
fiwa
Good stuff. I meant to answer your email about the birthday stuff. I have the answer just forgot where to send them.
ReplyDeleteWe are taking the munchkin out trick or treating then the sitter is staying over so we can go out bowling with a group of our friends. Drink a little, bowl a lot... fun times.
ReplyDeleteCute pictures--must have been fun!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun Mary!! I love this time of year :))
ReplyDeleteHi everyone! It's been a few years since we really got festive and dressed up for a party.
ReplyDeleteThis has been such a long couple weeks that I don't have time to catch up on all my comments today. I'm trying!! Thanks a bunch for visiting here and leaving comments.
You are all really great. :)