Today is Diwali, the Festival of Lights! Read about it here.
It's cold and rainy here today in New Jersey, so the glow and feeling of warmth that emanates from my candlelit living room is really nice and cozy. I don't celebrate Diwali as a personal holiday but because it's a national festival and signifies the victory of good over evil, it sure can't hurt to take a few seconds out of your day and say Happy Diwali to someone, regardless of their faith. The celebration of one's inner light is a beautiful thing.






Have a blessed day!
Mary, those second and third photos are gorgeous. So warm and beautiful. We are having a celebration here at work today for Diwali.
ReplyDeleteHappy day -
fiwa
Happy Diwali!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are stunning
It's windy and cold tonight so I'm very glad I stopped by
you should link over at Ruby Tueday! People would love to see this
I did :)
Thanks so much for the explanation....I really DO feel the warmth and light here! These pictures Rock!! A very blessed day to you too, M.
ReplyDeleteMary,
ReplyDeleteI agree that the photos are just STUNNING!!! Makes my heart feel warm just looking at the images.
Jane
For a moment there I thought it was DeWalt Day. I was all set to go to the Home Depot and get a new drill.
ReplyDeleteBwahahahaha
Happy Diwali!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! :)They are just so soft and glowy, amazing! :)
Thanks for the info, I had never heard of Diwali before! :)
Thanks everyone for visiting. I love candlelight!! It's so warm and inviting and sets a great mood. I'm out of tealights right now can you believe that?? OH.THE.HORROR. Must get to the store.
ReplyDeleteJeff, you're a funny guy. LOL