Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Six random things about me

I was tagged by Bret, over at This Guy's Journey. I like to read memes, I enjoy participating in some of them too, but I'm just not so good with the details. I'm supposed to post them and tag others to play. But I'll just have to break a few rules today. If you want to do one, just pop it up on your page and let me know. I'll come around and read about you!
After doing 100 Things, and Another 100 Things, I was having a hard time coming up with more stuff about me so it took a little while to get all 6 together but finally, here they are......

1.) I don't always like to shop, but when it comes to beads or paper I'm sooooo there!! This weekend was the Innovative Bead Expo. I bought new supplies for my business. Some abalone shell beads, a few strands of black onyx and red malachite, hematite, glass and jade beads. Gold is very expensive, but I did manage a couple 'vermeil' items for those who do like gold but can't afford the solid stuff. And I was drooling over the silver!!! I actually prefer silver to gold. And anything intricate like a Bali type design.... LOVE IT! So you know I had to indulge a little there... but just a little.
Check out my Etsy page in the future and you may see some new designs. ;)



Occasionally, I see something I MUST HAVE FOR ME! But I feel guilty buying it. This piece, I bought for my husband to give me for my birthday. LOL When I showed it to him, he said it wasn't the type of jewelry he'd ever pick out for me. So see, I have to self-shop at times. ;)

Some people use these little plastic baggies for 'other things' but us jewelry lovers use them for supplies, like earwires to make earrings. And that brings me to.......


2.) I don't wear earrings. Odd, huh?? I've made hundreds of pairs, actually one of my favorite things to make in my business and yet I cannot wear any metal in my ears. I had some bad allergies years ago and had to let my holes close. More recently I've tried clip style and covering them with some moleskin and still have trouble. :(

3.) I had a homemade hot chocolate for breakfast this morning with skim milk, Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder, and Madagascar Bourban Pure Vanilla Extract. That last item is da bomb!! And yes, that's a chocolate and wafer straw in the mug too. Yummy. Who needs Wheaties when you can have chocolate??


4.) The last song I bought on iTunes was THIS ONE. I'm not into hip-hop but I heard a little bit of the song in Mrs. Doubtfire years ago and really got into the beat. I like not having to buy a whole cd anymore for just one tune.

5.) I get annoyed easily. Hey, I'm working on it, but when I went to the bank earlier to investigate why my biz Mac card wasn't working over the weekend, they said it was because there wasn't enough money in the account for what I was trying to purchase. What?? I just deposited cash last week. Cash goes in as cash, right??
Then the customer service rep told me that the checks I ordered were $80. WHAT?? They were supposed to be compliments of the bank. My first order had the wrong acct. # on them so these were to be a replacement at no charge. Luckily, she refunded that money. There was another charge on there, a penalty, maybe a check bounced during the mix up. Whatever it was, it was $25 and she also agreed to refund that as it wasn't my fault that the last customer service rep I met with charged me 80.freaking.bucks for something that was supposed to be free. Then there was another $25 charge because my account was under $1,000.00 for the month. HOLY SHIT!! I told her I have a VERY SMALL BUSINESS. It's craft oriented and seasonal. Some months I don't sell at all. But she said they don't waive that fee.... EVER. So now I have to decide before they take another chunk of my money away if I can part with some savings to keep in my biz checking to avoid having to shut the account down. Hmmmm...... wonder what the CEO of my bank makes??? Actually, I think I read he made 11.4 million last year. Guess he needed my $25. It probably paid for a golf ball.

6.) I love, love, love my birthday! I'm a Sagittarian, so my day is approaching. Sure hope y'all will stop by to help me blow out all those candles and sing me happy songs!

So what's your 6 ??

5 comments:

  1. great posting.I hope that you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M!

    You're just like me.....I much prefer silver over gold. I know gold is more expensive, but I LOVE the LOOK of silver!

    I LOVE the piece of jewelry your bought for yourself for your birthday....HA!

    I must say...you have VERY good taste for yourself!!!

    And YOUR morning breakfast was MUCH MORE exciting than mine!!! YUMMY...that looks and sounded VUNDERBAR!!!

    OMG...and your whole BANK episode would have made me annoyed too! In fact, I get annoyed easy too. I'm much better than I use to be...but I still get annoyed. I've had similar things happen to me at my bank too. I can't believe your minimum balance has to be a thousamd dollars, not to be charged a fee!!! WOW...theres no way my checking account could ever have that consistantly every month!

    DAMN THOSE BANKS...they always find something to charge you for, don't they?

    ooooh...and I love my birthday too, M! Birthdays are the BEST!!! Oh, yes...and DO let us know when you day is, so we can SING to you and also buy you gifts from Tiffany's and Williams Sonoma!

    HA!


    Enjoyed this post, M!

    Have an awesome night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You had time to do it, thats GREAT! :)

    Chocolate for breakfast? I am SO jealous! hahaha I had oatmeal, part of my Soul Coaching commitment was to carefully watch my intake, so I'm stuck with out chocolate and peperoni for a while! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, thanks. And yes, nice weekend but sure tiring!
    Ron, oooh, Tiffanys AND Williams Sonoma, well I'll be a lucky girl. ;)
    I am still straightening out the bank stuff but might have found a place with NO minimum for biz checking. Gotta look into that.
    This Guy, OH giving up choco would be hard for me. But way to go for you and the Soul Coaching. Didn't realize it was Denise Linn. I have a couple of her older books. She's great! Wishing you well with all that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can picture you jumping around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!