Our room at LeBlanc was nice. BVLGARI lotions and hair products were included and restocked every day if necessary. The shower was pretty neat having a few extra jets on the wall for some light hydrotherapy. I'm not one to linger in a standing shower, especially one with a glass door. And the marble bench was a little strange to me..... I'm used to taking bubble baths.... but it was roomy and clean so had me and hubs wanted a little shower action *winkwink* we'd have both fit in there.

The room also had a few other amenities such as a small coffee maker, ice bucket, snack tray offering granola bars, chocolates, chips and a stocked bar. All replenished daily as well. The flat screen was nice. We didn't watch much t.v. but it was nice to have to view charges to our room and get other general information.

Ooooh, what a nice big comfy bed. We were offered a 'pillow menu' too. The choices were available thru our butler. Just small buckwheat type pillows scented with things like lavender but a nice relaxing touch for nighty night time.

I don't know how many of each room type are available but I had seen some photos online and made sure to book a deluxe oceanfront honeymoon room with a double jacuzzi tub in front of a french balcony. And there it is. We didn't use it every day but it was sparkling clean at all times with bubbles, salts and towels ready to go when we were. We actually walked in on the maid one day who was practically in it making sure it was wiped down properly.

Neither of us are really big drinkers but we could have easily turned into lushes with a stocked bar of liquor, beer and wine. All-inclusive places are nice!

I know you've been waiting to see the WATER!!! So without further ado......
Come to the railing with me and look around.....

And a warm bubbling hot tub looks out over that glorious water. One morning we stopped at our butler Joel's desk on the way downstairs. We wanted him to book a couple of excursions for us. Instead of making us wait there while he made phone calls to check availability he said he'd find us at the pool area. And sure enough, he found us relaxing in the hot tub and brought us the information. How crazy is that??? Just picture your butler kneeling down next to you, showing you different tour options, while you are sipping champagne as you ponder the choices.
I had read and also heard from a couple people I know that the water in Cancun is not always very good for swimming. Of course it's beautiful but sometimes pretty rough. We decided to venture to the beach and check it out for ourselves. First let me say that the beach was very nice. The sand is soft and clean. And because the hotel is fairly small, their section of beach was never too crowded. One of the staff members sets up your lounge chairs and umbrella and a waiter or waitress comes to offer drinks.
And there is a life guard on duty each day. He determines what the condition of the water is and puts out a flag to let the guests know if swimming is okay. The week we were there the red flag was out a few times and that meant no swimming.

But on many days the yellow flag was out and a few people would venture into the water. I went in once. Hubs a few times. The weather was warm but breezy enough that with the umbrella I didn't have to go in to cool off and could just sit and watch the waves and look at the water.

You sit there and think, this is like a POSTCARD!!! And you want to remember everything! The color of the water, the kindness of the staff, the friendliness of many of the guests.

And there is a life guard on duty each day. He determines what the condition of the water is and puts out a flag to let the guests know if swimming is okay. The week we were there the red flag was out a few times and that meant no swimming.

But on many days the yellow flag was out and a few people would venture into the water. I went in once. Hubs a few times. The weather was warm but breezy enough that with the umbrella I didn't have to go in to cool off and could just sit and watch the waves and look at the water.

You sit there and think, this is like a POSTCARD!!! And you want to remember everything! The color of the water, the kindness of the staff, the friendliness of many of the guests.

And then you act totally like a tourist and take the 'sandy feet' picture.

As much as you don't want this perfect peaceful feeling to end, you know that there is more awaiting, so after some time on the beach maybe you wander back up the steps to the hotel. It seems that even the birds are friendly. Did one of them just say 'take our picture'?? Yes, I think so. Okay, maybe that was the tequila talking. But there are lots of things worth photographing.

I guess I didn't need to take pictures of the lounge right next to the revolving door that puts you at the back of the hotel. But it was soooooo comfy there. We sat many nights after dinner and looked out onto the lighted pool area. Met P and K for drinks and cigars there. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Relaxed.



As much as you don't want this perfect peaceful feeling to end, you know that there is more awaiting, so after some time on the beach maybe you wander back up the steps to the hotel. It seems that even the birds are friendly. Did one of them just say 'take our picture'?? Yes, I think so. Okay, maybe that was the tequila talking. But there are lots of things worth photographing.

I guess I didn't need to take pictures of the lounge right next to the revolving door that puts you at the back of the hotel. But it was soooooo comfy there. We sat many nights after dinner and looked out onto the lighted pool area. Met P and K for drinks and cigars there. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Relaxed.

And at different times during the day...... this was the view from that lounge. No I didn't borrow the photo from Conde Nast magazine after it had been airbrushed and the people all removed from it. There were many times at the beginning of the week that the pool was not crowded at all. Towards the end of our trip it seemed that more people had checked in so if you wanted one of those lovely chaise loungers right on the pool ledge you probably should go there early and put a towel and book on one to hold it but there were plenty of other loungers and a few pool beds too. Sun and relaxation, anyone??

Still more to come. Visit again soon. :)



After your terrible cruise experience I was so hoping that this vacation would be memorable - I'm SO GLAD it was!!! What a great hotel - you should be so proud of yourself for nosing that one out. Service is the one thing that can make or break any hotel - sounds like these folks have it down pat. I know it's silly, but hearing someone say "It's my pleasure." when you ask for something is just the bomb. That pool looks so pretty - I can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip went. Thanks so much for taking the time to put up all these pictures and write it all down. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs!
fiwa
HOLY MOLY!!!
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing your room....I don't think I'd EVER leave!!!
I bet you felt like ROYALTY!!!
OMG...and I'm dying about the inclusive WINE!!!! That bottle has my name on it!
Tee, hee!
And your photo of the "friendly" seagulls made me HOWL, considering my post today!!!
HAHAHAHAHA!
You did such an awesome job taking these photos, M!
They're all gorgeous!
Boy, this is great, Mary? Exactly where in Cancun did you stay? I've never been to Mexico, but this Hawaii gal is very interested in this resort, that's for sure :) xxoo, O
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place!!! I can keep coming back to this place and practice my zen breathing!!! It is nothing less than spectacular and the service you received is extraordinary...in today's world. Wouldn't that be a great job....ever heard of a butlerESS?? Ha! Can't wait to see and hear more!!
ReplyDeletegreat photos,thanks for sharing them. you are welcome to the sick guy just come and snag him.
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo envious! Tell me the website address please!
ReplyDeleteMary you take just fantastic photos. I am so happy you had this time with your sweety.
ReplyDelete