
Isn't my little grandson a really handsome boy??!!! I haven't managed to get any good pictures of him for some time now because at 23 months he's just toooooo FAST. The world is a wonderful big place that needs exploring!! He's trying to do that from all corners of his house and as quickly as possible! And from as many angles as possible. Climbing to the top of the dresser (now can't go in his bedroom without supervision!), jumping up onto the radiator to see outside (luckily it's not winter anymore), using the coffee table as his own private stage. OMG, it's a good thing they don't live with me now. I'd be a total nervous wreck with all his activity. My son was much quieter, and would sit for long periods of time and build little worlds out of Legos, or set up a big stampede with ALL the animals in the BIG bucket.
My daughter's little guy is bored in about 18 seconds with everything.
My daughter's little guy is bored in about 18 seconds with everything.
Oh, of course you knew I'd be sneaking some jewelry pictures in.......

Etsy is still going very slowly, but I have had some other sales and have a few people considering a couple pieces. A friend has agreed to take a bag of goodies into her office in the next couple weeks so I've got to get busy with that project.
These earring/bracelet sets are new to my collection. There are others but I'm hoping to update my jewelry and greeting card page one of these days.

The boys still love to hang out on the porch and watch the world go by. Since we only have one chair out there right now they have to share.

In other news.......
And this I'm really excited about........
In a couple of weeks I'm going to become certified in Reiki I.
A few of you who stop by here know exactly what that is. And I just know that you will be THRILLED about my decision to do this! For those who haven't heard of it, it's a technique of energetic bodywork done with one's hands to promote relaxation, peacefulness, and healing. It treats the whole body.
"REIKI means Universal Life Force; this is the energy that connects all beings in the circle of life. The syllable 'rei' (ray) refers to the universal aspect of this energy and 'ki' (key) refers to the life force energy that flows through all living things. When the life force is balanced and in harmony, a state of health and well-being is experienced. REIKI enables us to live life more fully--with health, enthusiasm, love, and joy!"
It can be done while a person is either sitting or lying down. It's complimentary to all other types of bodywork, can be used in conjunction with traditional medical treatments, has no affiliation to any specific religion. It's UNIVERSAL. Everyone from all walks of life with any belief or condition can receive it's benefits.
It can be done while a person is either sitting or lying down. It's complimentary to all other types of bodywork, can be used in conjunction with traditional medical treatments, has no affiliation to any specific religion. It's UNIVERSAL. Everyone from all walks of life with any belief or condition can receive it's benefits.
I recently read an article about a practioner who was volunteering at a hospital in NJ on the Oncology Unit. Reiki can even be used for the terminally ill. It can help with relaxation, pain management, acceptance, and even helping the transition of death for some. A friend of mine used to give it to a friend of hers as she was dying of bone cancer. It took the edge off her pain and was a visit she always asked about and looked forward to each week. It's not invasive in any way and there doesn't even have to be hands-on touching. It can be done with the hands at a distance off the body. It's beneficial for children and also pets.
I know a few people who are practioners and I've been wanting to learn Reiki for some time, but while it's been on my mind and I've had interest in it I'd never taken the next step in finding a teacher. That process started a couple of weeks ago and the other evening I got a phone call from a Reiki Master who was recommended to me by a blog friend. THANK YOU, JANE!!!!
She teaches in a traditional Usui manner of becoming attuned over the course of 2 day or evening sessions. And she requires time in between Level I and II for study and practice. Because I was unable to attend the next weekend class she has scheduled due to a craft fair I'm booked for, I did inquire if she would be willing to do private training. She said that if I had someone else interested she would. I asked a good friend of mine who agreed to be my partner and take the Level I attunement class with me. {{{BIG SMILE!!!!}}}



I don't have a date for the classes just yet but hopefully sometime in the next 2 weeks or so!
p.s. Thank you to whomever the Reiki pictures belong to. I found them online.
Kids are so active at that age and they love getting into stuff.
ReplyDeleteWhen I babysit my 2 year old neice I have to watch her like a hawk.
Oh yeah and they love eating dog food at that age...blehhhh.
Wow - that's very cool news - I hope you blog about it as you go (the Reiki, that is).
ReplyDeleteYour grandson is looking like such a little man!
He's a cutie, for sure! The dogs picture is awesome.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your achievement! I just may have to look into that as well.
Hammer, You are sooo right, dog food, AND every other little piece of anything they think might be tasty. And the dogs like Alex's treats too! LOL
ReplyDeleteFiwa, I am really excited and will share the experience after I meet with my Reiki Master and get going with the practicing.
On Friday night, me and another friend met with a couple friends/members of our astrology group who also do Reiki to try it out. Even though I've been a little familiar with it for awhile, I'd never really had the experience of it personally. It was very nice. I've been feeling really awful physically with a few different ailments for awhile now.... a disc/neck issue, headaches, tummy troubles, heel spur. OMG, I sound so pathetic don't I? LOL But to just rest and relax for a little bit was nice. Of course my hubby is wonderful with massaging and he's certainly able to make me feel good, but this was a night for the ladies. :))
Nitebyrd, I miss taking pictures. My little camera broke and my Canon that's a little bigger I usually don't like carrying around anymore. Eventually, I'll get another pocket size one.
I think you might like Reiki. And since you've already trained as an aesthetition (did I spell that right??) you probably know that in many fields people can respond well to touch. Of course this particular modality hasn't anything to do with skin care, but you know, just working closely with another can be very
comforting.
Thanks to all who stop my blog. I don't always leave response comments here but I do read what you write and am happy for the visit!!! Have a great day!
OMG...when I read this post on my google reader and saw the word REIKI, I FLIPPED!!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS M!!!!!!!!!
I'm so freaking happy for you!!
Ya know, Reiki has a way of calling you to it when the time is right...so now is YOUR time!!!
OMG...getting attuned to Reiki is one of the most powerful things you can do for yourself - you're gonna LOVE IT!!
And you're gonna be a NATURAL, M! You've already got the "openess" and "willingness" to be a channel.
Anyway, please keep me posted how things go, ok?
oooh...and I just wanted to say I LOVE YOUR JEWELRY! Just the way to photograph it, makes it so enticing!
It's so great hearing from you, my friend!
Thanks for sharing this!!
X
You know of course there is a saying in Reiki "When the student is ready the master will appear"! I am so excited for you - Reiki will change your life. Welcome to the Reiki family m'dear.
ReplyDeleteReiki blessings to you. xxxx
Okay once you learn it you have to come here and help me out. hehehehehe
ReplyDeleteas for the dresser, and or any other thing like an entertainment center or bookcase. I highly recommend those straps or brackets that screw into them and the walls, saved my sons life a number of times. And since they have another one on the way, can't hurt. It prevents the things for toppling over.
Congrats on your great news. That sounds so interesting.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of the doggies. Excellent.
Great post M....what a cute little guy and BIG Congrats on the lessons!!
ReplyDeleteHey you - I just wanted to tell you thank you for what you said. You don't know how good your words always make me feel. Are you sure you can't move to Seattle?! :)
ReplyDeleteBig hugs - hope you're doing well.
Love you -
fiwa
Mary,
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled that you are getting the Reiki started. I got an e-mail from Maryann and I think I'm going to take the weekend class in June. I wanted to for over a year now. It's time to do some nice things for ME :))
xoxo
Jane
The boy? Awesome as always!
ReplyDeleteThe jewelry? I told you how pretty we think it is here in our house.
Reiki? Congrats, sweetie. It fits you perfectly.
Just wanted to wish you well for your Reiki attunements this weekend. You will love it.
ReplyDeleteReiki blessings to you
xx
I'm so sorry to hear about your back/neck issues. I hope you can get a massage or something and get some relief. I know how much that just wears you out when you have chronic pain like that. :(
ReplyDeleteSay a prayer or think some good thoughts for me & my hubby today if you will. He's going in for more heart tests - we still aren't in the clear. He's pretty scared too.
Love you girl - and I miss you too. Hope you're feeling better soon - I'm sending you healing thoughts.
love,
fiwa