Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm back, did ya miss me?

Is it time to post something again already????? Sheesh, the days just fly right by.

So what's new and exciting here, you ask?

Well.....
we got a new t.v.
Oooh.
Ahhh.

You might remember that our 46" Toshiba went in for repair earlier this year and we never saw it again. The check we got to cover a replacement would have only been enough to order a refurbished set online and then we'd still have to pay for shipping and a new warranty so we just decided to check out the recent holiday specials at a store near us and pay the difference but get something brand new. We initally saw a Sony we wanted but it was out of stock so we were offered a deal on a Samsung and 3 years interest free to put it on credit. SOLD. Hubs usually pays things off early anyway but having the extra time if we want is good too.
Also had some store coupon dollars so I put them towards a few new DVDs. We got 'Doubt'. Meryl Streep is a wonderful actress. 'Slumdog Millionaire' we saw at the theater but it was worth getting for our collection. 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' was okay, but didn't hold my interest. I wandered off halfway thru.
Because the season for LOST is over now until the beginning of next year, I was looking for another show to watch for awhile. The Real Housewives of New Jersey grabbed my interest. I'm a housewife in NJ so maybe we have something in common. NOT! OMG, definitely NOT! I do kind of like the show though. They are from North Jersey, practically in New York City and I'm in South Jersey, closer to Philadephia, but that certainly wasn't the only difference. They are all rich. Their houses are ginormous. And they do girls night out a couple times a week and go to the spa beforehand and get the nails and hair done. One of them is divorced and looking for a rich guy to keep her and her kids in the lifestyle they are accustomed to. She brings most of the drama to the show because some of the other housewives don't like her much. Another is building a house with her husband and it's all marble and onyx inside. She's currently obsessed with her one little daughter and getting her photographed and interviewed for modeling. Please. My favorite is a fiery red head. But it's not likely that we'll run into each other somewhere, start chatting, and become lifelong friends. LOL It's just interesting and curious to sometimes watch people with lives completely different from yours.
Like I imagine, even though they are housewives, a couple of them probably have 6 figure incomes on their side businesses. This boggles my mind. How do people juggle the house, the hubby, the kids, the work, the charities, the vacation home, etc. etc. etc. My hubby and kids are doing okay, but my house is a dust nightmare and my business is not seeing a really big profit. I get so excited when sales come in during the week or the candy shops sell some cards or a craft fair goes pretty well but then I start adding up some new purchases, the gas and mileage, my time and supplies, and wonder if I should just go to work at an Indonesian shoe factory instead. The pay would probably be more some weeks.
Well, I just keep plugging away at it all anyhow because I love to make the things I do. And quite frankly, I know that if I had alot of deadlines and too many people wanting certain orders done at specific times I would feel stressed. That my business is not relied on for house income and that it's a casual venture is probably a good thing.
New cards.....
Something for graduation.

Father's Day is in a few weeks. The great thing about these cards is that if they don't all sell I can remove the little tag and add something else like 'Happy Birthday'.


I got a new tablet of acrylic paper and it's soooo delightful and heavy. Perfect for wedding cards! The embossed black and white sheets are nice too.



Here's my handsome little grandson!!
His Mommy and Daddy brought him for a visit. I love that he can say 'Mimi' and 'Pop Pop' now and calls out to us when he comes in. And when it's time to leave he doesn't want to go!







Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.



8 comments:

  1. Oh M! Your grandson is just adorable...what a cutie!! Hey, I watched that show about the housewives too...kinda grabbed my interest! Have you seen Keeping up with the Kardashians? Reminds me of that too. Mindless tv....sometimes that's what the soul needs!! Those movies sound good....I haven't yet seen Doubt or Slumdog yet. Glad you said that about Benjamin Button as I was debating renting it. Your cards are fantastic!! And I think I'll join you at the Indonesian Shoe Factory!! Have a good one, M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the Housewives of NYC once. OMG!!! One of the husbands bought his wife a brand new Mercedes SUV and she yelled at him because she specifically did not want a TV in it AND there was no place to plug in her ipod. So he said he would keep the car and buy her another one.

    Love the new cards!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I just watch cooking shows on my old tube TV. I'm resisting the move to new technology.

    great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...these cards are freaking FAAAABULOUS!

    They're better than anything I've ever seen in a store. The fortune cookie one is brilliant - how the heck did you think of that?

    You amaze me with all your wonderful talents, M!

    And just keep plugging away and continue to do what you love, because loving what you do is what it's all about. The finacial rewards will eventually come, but the inner rewards are ALWAYS there!

    You GO, girl!

    And hey...your new TV sounds wonderful. Don't you love getting something new? It's fun learning how everything works.

    Thanks for giving your opinions on those films. I haven't seen any of them, but Doubt will probably be the first one I rent because of Meryl. The other two I keep hearing the same thing that you shared.

    Thanks for sharing whats going on in your life right now, neighbor!

    Alex looks like a COOL DUDE in those shades!

    Have a great week, M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great when you get new electrical equipment isn't it?

    Your grandson is absolutely A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. and your cards are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up just over the line from North Jersey, went to Rutgers, and married a guy from North Jersey, so I'm curious to see the show, but more in a "hey, I know where that is" kind of way - sort of like how I used to watch the Sopranos LOL.

    Your grandson is adorable - he's got seriously pinchable cheeks and a great smile.

    Thanks for stopping by Around the Island yesterday - there are more pictures from Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulcher up today that I think you'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your cards are great and your grandsonis adorable - must take after his grams :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!