Hehehe
If you found my iPod sitting on the table at Barnes and Noble while I wandered off to grab the latest copy of
Reiki, News Magazine, you might find out some more stuff about me. At the very least, I have diverse musical interests:
Flashlight by Parliament What can I say?? Well, atleast give it a little chance. If you have even the slightest bit of rhythm you'll turn it UP and get your groove on.
Maybe you thought the funky Flashlight was an isolated incident......
GUESS AGAIN. You're trying not to but I see you dancin'!!
I saw
this band in concert last year. This is one of my fav songs by them.
You really shouldn't be bored with my iPod playing. But just in case you're not sure what to do, he can
help you find the beat.Ah, you know, if it has
my NAME in it, maybe it's on the Pod.
OH but if you do pick up my Pod somewhere, feel free to listen to alot of my
AEROSMITH collection because they have alot of
GREAT SONGS but please find a way to get it back to me because I am too funky to miss a day of groovin'.
On to other things:
*This cute pink set is probably going up for sale on Etsy soon. It was part of an order that someone made with me on Facebook. She was an old friend from high school and we got to catch up there after many years so that part was cool for awhile. But regarding the jewelry....after being back and forth a few times with messages and no specific time and place to meet, I finally got the hint that she was no longer interested. Why do so many people today lack in common courtesy? You know, just a quick phone call or email, saying 'hey... I changed my mind.' And I would completely and absolutely understand. Stuff happens.
I like that my business is casual, but I should really treat it seriously enough to atleast take deposits on orders. I think once someone parts with a little of their money they would be more inclined to follow through either with paying the rest of the bill, or calling about it a.s.a.p. It doesn't happen often that a sale cancels and I do get repeat customers so I'm not particularly upset about the loss of this order. Instead, I'm looking at it as a lesson to be learned.
*Who watched The Land of the Lost t.v. show in the mid-70's? I did, I did!!! Yeah, it seems corny now, but back then Sid and Marty Krofft stuff was pretty cool. Who has the H.R. Pufnstuf shows on VHS? I do, I do!!!
So just to bring back a little of childhood, we may go to see the new movie with Will Ferrell one night soon.
*Hubby has been really good by eating mostly fruit for lunch lately. So we went to a neat little restaurant one night last week and shared a bottle of Syrah and ordered filet mignon, roasted red potatoes with garlic and peppers, and steamed veggies. Yeah, yeah, the filet wasn't the best choice for his low-cholesterol diet but sometimes you just have to ...... it's all about finding the balance as you follow your bliss.
And sometimes you just have to have deep fried hot dogs too! I got a recipe on the back of a mustard panko container and just had to try them. I used a very light oil for frying, got reduced fat hotdogs (as if there is such a thing) and dipped them in egg whites before covering in the panko. No cheese. No high calorie dipping sauces. And we each only had one. Not sure if I'll be craving them anytime too soon, but our son really liked them so I'll have to make sure and get more of those bread crumbs. They aren't as yummy as plain panko but for a different way to make hot dogs or even certain fish, they are pretty good.
What fun things are you planning to do over the next couple of days??
How rude of your 'friend' not to let you know. That set is really pretty I hope it sells for you. Spoiling yourself occasionally gives your diet a boost - well that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness? Someone took your iPod...you poor thing. Love the post. and the joke to start off was excellent. The hotdogs sound great. I love them. I should diet but I don't. I just eat what I want all the time and when the mood strikes. Have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeletegreat post,sorry that you lost your IPOD.
ReplyDeleteAkelamalu, I have a really good girlfriend who adores pink so it might become a gift too!
ReplyDeleteThom, my sense of humor is strange sometimes. You have a good weekend as well!
Mike, I'm sorry that both you and Thom thought I lost my Pod. I worded that wrong. I was just saying that if anyone took a listen while I wasn't using it, those are some songs you might hear.
Actually, I'd never leave it on a table anywhere on purpose. Even at Barnes where most everyone knows me. ;)
OMG...the cartoon is HYSTERICAL!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow faaabulous, M!
oooo....ooooo...and I know the Reiki magazine that you spoke of. I sometimes pick it up to read while having coffee in B&N.
I love the jewelry!! You always do such wonderful work. I think it's a very good idea you have about getting a deposit for pre-orders. I use to have to do that when I was doing makeup for brides and they would change their minds AFTER I gave them a FREE preliminary makeup test. It's the only way I could make sure I got something out of the deal if they cancelled.
Those hot dogs sound so YUMMY even though they were low cal.
I'm not doing anything special this weekend. Starting next week I'll be working more hours for the Father's Day holiday coming up, so I'm just going to hang and relax.
Enjoyed this post, M!
Have a great weekend!
X
That cartoon was hilarious.
ReplyDeleteWOW! What a terrific post M!!! I'm going to have to come back and spend some more time listening to some of the stuff you have on here...I am VERY sorry to hear that you lost your IPOD and hope that someone will turn it in. Chances are...they won't but I hope they do!! The jewelry is very pretty and I'm sorry your customer didn't follow through. I have had that happen a couple of times as well. Whatever happened to common courtesy???? Have a great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteOh! Forgot to mention....LOVE the cartoon...hilarious!!
ReplyDelete