Our neighbor has the perfect view from her yard for the 4th of July fireworks. She had a nice BBQ for a few friends and we didn't have to deal with any crowds.
For as long as I've had this camera you'de think I could get the settings right. But you know what it's a picture of, right??

At first, my grandson was very scared about the 'boom booms' but we had a little talk before they started. I went through the colors he'd be seeing and the sounds he'd be hearing and I did a little Reiki. He sat with me a bit, but eventually wanted Mommy. It took a little while for him to get into the big show in the sky........

When the fireworks were over he showed his approval.

Last year these same girlfriends and I had a picture taken like this. Yeah, this one I worked on in Photoshop and Picnik too. Aside from general photo fixing, adding words, frame, etc. I actually changed the whole shirt I was wearing. It was a Michael Jackson t-shirt and I figured I'd take crap about it from someone somewhere... but today... I'm not so much giving a shit about that. I liked him. Okay, I didn't know him personally, and there certainly has been alot of controversy surrounding him for many years.... but I really enjoy alot of his music. If you don't, hey, that's fine. But when I was first with my husband and we started our family and while my daughter was growing up we did listen to much of it. Those were good memories and I choose to remember those things and not get into all the drama and negativity.

We have a couple of farms and wineries not too far from us here in NJ. We've been sour cherry and white peach picking. Last week we brought home a huge box of fresh picked blueberries and will hopefully get back to the farm this week for some more. And we ran out of 'Jersey Red' wine so it was back there as well for a couple more bottles. Hubby's garden is doing alright.... the tomatoes are looking real nice but are still green. Unfortunately, my herbs have had some issues. But we've been eating out alot lately anyway so they probably just got sad. :(

In other news..... I finally found out the cause of the discomfort in my neck/back. A couple of herniated discs and some arthritis. Yeah, last night was not so great for sleeping. Finally, after Reiki, a late night movie, and an ice pack I did manage about 4 hours sleep. The Doc wants me to see an orthopedic specialist. On one hand I'm glad to finally know what's going on because if they called me to say that this second MRI was negative I was going to SCREAM..... but at the same time.... it's a bummer to get word of injury.
Wonder how this will affect the tattoo I was planning on getting on my upper back?????
Hey, have we discussed this before? No, I don't think so. Well... so ... yes... I'm wanting INK done. I've got a few things narrowed down. One is a lotus flower outline with the AUM symbol in the middle of it. Another is the saying (which I was considering for my foot maybe) Follow Your Bliss. Another is a Sun with the astrological symbol for Sagittarius in the center. Also, I thought about just getting my name in a nice decorative script with some stars and moons or flowers around it......
But I was planning to have it done in the area of my upper neck. Actually, partly my thought on that (before I knew what was going on in there medically) was to have it done as a symbolic type of healing. A way to release the bad energy and pain in there. Something like that.
So now... I don't know if a tattoo artist would do work on an area of the body that has an injury or medical condition.
Do any of you know?? Do any of you have tats??
Last, but certainly not least, is a picture of my son at my girlfriend's Luau party a few weeks ago. He's since gotten most of his hair cut off for the summer.
Today he is SIXTEEN!!! He didn't want a party. He opted to go to the summer program he's been participating in at a local college. The kids do labs and learn about what going to college can be like. They do field trips occasionally too.
So after the session ends today he wants to have SPARERIBS at a restaurant that he likes for dinner with just our immediate family. He's a very sweet kid who just enjoys his Xbox gaming and his guitars. I know that girls are just around the corner. And a bunch of other things that will make me hold my breath with worry. He can get his driver's permit now. OMG. But for today.... he's still my little boy and I love him sooooo much.


Have a great week everyone!!!
Happy birthday to your boy!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the back. Emu Oil really helps relieve the soreness and inflammation. We used it when my wife had a bulged disk in her neck.
Happy Birthday to your boy and sorry to hear about your back. Was great to read about the 4th again. Loved it. Have a great week :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son. It's a long time since my two were sixteen but they're still my babies. ;)
ReplyDeleteI have a tattoo but I don't know whether a tattoo artist would refuse to do one with your injury. I like the sound of your ideas for your tattoo especially the lotus flower. Mine's an orchid on my back.
Hi M!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you posted today!
YAAAAY!
Hey, that first shot of the fireworks is AMAZING! It's electrifying!
I LOVED Michael Jackson too. My god...I grew up with the man and followed his career throughout his entire adulthood. So talented!
Ok...and about that Jersey Red wine! As you know, I love red wine, but I've never heard of that brand before. I wonder if I can get it here in Philly? LOVE the bottle!
Sorry to hear about your neck. I wish you and I could get together so I could try a reflexology and reiki combination. Reflexology is so great for neck, back, and spinal issues.
Your tatoo sounds great. I have one too. It's on my right shoulder (a little devil). I don't know about a tatoo artist working on an area of the body that has an injury, but I would think not.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son!!!! He's a Cancer. So is my brother!
Hope you have great week, neighbor!
Enjoyed this post!
X
Happy 16th birthday to you son! Sixteen is a grand age (sometimes).
ReplyDeleteAlex, the cat who owns me, feels the same about fireworks as your grandson. Alex may take it a step further: he hides under something, like the bed, until he is certain that the BANG! BOOM! BOOM! BANG! is over.
A good artist would probably not work on an injured area that may end up having surgery. My artist will ink over old scars but won't do any work on any fresh ones. I'm sorry you're hurting.
ReplyDeleteGlad your grandson got over the fear and enjoyed the fireworks.
Gosh, your son is handsome! Girls will probably be flocking soon.
Oh! Make fried green tomatoes, they're delicious.
Happy Birthday to your son! My daughter is going to be 16 in just a couple of weeks. Where in the world has all the time gone? I'm serious.
ReplyDeleteHAAAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY!! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics! The one of the fireworks turned out VERY well, it is extreamly hard to capture a pic of fireworks!
Your grandson is SOOO cute! :)