Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Little cuties and lots of snow!

Our daughter asked us to come over and sit with the kids one night when it was cold and rainy outside so they wouldn't have to take them to the grocery store. So Mimi grabbed the camera and Pop Pop drove us over for a visit.
Miss Pretty in Pink was all warm and toasty and waiting for company.




Alex needs to check everything out... the car keys, the camera, even managed to get my spiral bracelets off and put one on his wrist, the other on his ankle.



Pop Pop drew him a picture and he was trying hard to color it in.



Eventually, he finds other things to get into. A Christmas ornament off the tree.


Little Sierra still just hanging out, looking sweet. Watching her brother, learning how much she might be able to get away with.



She can't get into the cookie container yet though! All the more for Alex.




Pop Pop gets him interested in a book. I'm so glad that he loves books at such a young age. Can never start too soon with reading!




Back home again, here's a funny Christmas decoration in our home. Hubby got her for me years ago. It's from the Krinkle collection.
I didn't get as many decorations out this year as I normally do, but this one definitely made the cut. Isn't she fabulous?!?


Last year, he got me a vintage silver Christmas tree. We had one growing up and I always loved that tree. This one is a bit smaller than my parents had but it does fit perfectly in the corner of our dining room and help me keep a special childhood memory alive.




He got the old color wheel to go with it. My parents had one too that sat behind the tree and turned the tinsel different colors.



I love Christmas!



And this weekend, it feels like Christmas is really coming. We even got alot of snow! We don't always blizzards. Some years, hardly any snow falls at all. Who knows what this year will bring.


It sure was cold enough for it this weekend!



I don't know what our town totals were but hubby did alot of shoveling.



Luckily, there is a little awning over the back door in case that scary looking icicle falls.


Barbeque season is on hold for a little while.


Before the roads got completely covered, we took a little drive. This is that park near our house that was full of beautiful fall foliage not too long ago.



Our dog Ollie loves to look out the window. And he's excited by the snow!



Rev wasn't so sure whether he liked it or not.


Ollie, definitely enjoyed himself! But of course he knew that inside it would be warm again. And he's a snuggly dog. There was a big blanket with his name on it and when he was done his playtime he went in for comfort.



Have a great week! Peace and love!

4 comments:

  1. Hi M!

    GORGEOUS photos!!!

    LOVED them all!

    The ones of the silver christmas tree were spectacular! When I was a kid we also had a silver tree with a revolving light that would turn the tree five different colors.

    And of course....your shots of the snow had me jumping up and down!! OMG...your snow looks a lot prettier than it does here in Philly. It looked nice for the first day, then it all turned into black slush. But, I still love it!

    Thanks for sharing, my friend!

    Hope you're warm and cozy and enjoying this holiday season!

    Have a great week, M!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron! Most of the schools are closed today so I don't have to go out, but there is a couple errands I really should try to run. Ugh. The snow is so pretty when it's first falling but then the cleanup starts and it is just a mess everywhere. Mounds of dirty snow piled high. Ice patches all over. But still, it was cool to get snow before Christmas!

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photos m'dear - the chillis are adorable!

    It sure looks like Christmas at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just made the first leg of our journey south for Christmas and I'm quite glad you got the snow and we didn't. It's pretty to look at, but the pits for driving through.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!