Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In my perfect dream world......

I got the idea for this post from Olivia who got it from Kate, who got it from... oh you know how it goes.  It's always fun to dream a little dream, to think about what we might be doing if we weren't doing what we're doing.   Cool, eh!?

Before I get to all the money, the cars, the trips.... I know that if I could have just one dream come true... it would be the one where I am in excellent health.  Okay, I'll agree to a few sniffles here and there, the occasional headache too.  But that's it.  No medical specialists allowed in my perfect dream world!  My Podiatrist, who is currently sending me for an MRI because he has noooo idea what the lump on the bottom of my foot is, will be my personal trainer.  My Gastroenterologist, who I've probably helped pay for numerous vacations with all these years of horrid digestive issues, will be my travel agent.   My Dentist, who is patiently waiting for me to come back in needing that next root canal, will work as my reflexologist/aromatherapist. 


And the Neurologist, I have yet to see for vertigo, he's to be my hair stylist.  And boyOHboy do I need some good hair care because in dream world I'll be traveling alot and want to look my absolute best!!   


So now it's time to reach into the endless bags of money for a quick jaunt overseas.
Hey, you need a few extra $$, why not grab a little off the top.  You deserve something really nice!   My treat!   *wink*
 

After the chauffeur brings the car around... ahh, I always have liked the look of a Rolls Royce... he'll take my hubby and me to the airport. 


And off we go.....  with NO motion sickness, imagine that.... wooo hooo!!!


We're staying at that lovely villa on the Amalfi coast we liked so much when hubby took me there to celebrate finishing his last novel.  Yes, that's the one, with the crisp white terrace and blue skies overhead.   


And after lounging in the glorious sunshine, where I don't get melasma (those unsightly dark brown patches I had for years), I will sashay my beautifully tanned self down to the water and cool off.   The name of my plastic surgeon you ask.... why, of course it's Dr. Rey!  Robert (that Brazilian hottie) and I had lunch last week and I told him how amazed everyone is that his work was barely noticeable.  You can't even see how much he nipped, tucked, and sucked.  Unbelieveable, isn't it?!   hehe


Before dinner, I think that scrumdiddlyumptious man of mine will call for a bike delivery.  I'm sure he'll request ones just like we have at home and then we'll be off... to see a bit more of the Italian Countryside.   My purple Spyder is so much fun to ride and hubs adores his new Goldwing.   



Ahhh....such a shame we can't stay in Italy for too long this time though.  Must return as soon as possible to plan an anniversary celebration.   We were going to have a big party for our 30th but why wait 2 years when we can have it this Fall.  I'm really leaning towards the Moroccan theme this time.  A decorative tent, lots of cous cous, waiters pouring mint tea, dishes infused with kharkoum, karfa, and other spices.  And, of course, belly-dancers!   YES, you are all on the guest list!   



Whew, that'll be a long flight home, and then an extensive meeting with the event planners, so I better call ahead and make sure the wine cellar is stocked.    


One of my favorite things to do after we return from a long trip is get a crisp cool glass of Gerwurztraminer and then pick a book from our amazing collection.....


and then right out to the treehouse for a quiet evening ......   PARADISE!  


Aren't dreams wonderful?!?

Who knows, maybe they can come true! 



7 comments:

  1. M, I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

    How clever of you! HA!

    Love the photos and the captions! Did you take these photos? They're faaaaaaaabulous!

    And I agree, excellent health is the richest gift to have!

    Although, I wouldn't mind having health AND that treehouse!

    Fun post! Enjoyed it!

    Hope you had a terrific Tuesday!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with your dreams too! Reality sucks sometimes doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your dream, Mary. I really like how all of your medical practitioners have other roles in your new life. I like the library too...and having an amazing body while I enjoy what I eat is part of my dream too :) It is so much fun to see what other people dream, I think! Thank you for playing with this, Mary :) xoO

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. You have a GREAT sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might like to BE you! What a fabulous dream!! I love that Dr. Brazilian guy...he is terrific!! Oh...to have that body...yeah...like that'll happen at my age!

    That's what dreams are for!!

    Sweet, Sweet Dreams M!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post do much, Mary! It made me smile. I love all the dreamy ideas but that treehouse captured my heart in a big way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh lady! you dream grand!!
    love the tree house
    love it all

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!