Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Assorted happenings....

Greta the cat.  She's very pretty but not usually too friendly.  Most of the time she's hanging out in my son's room but if he has company she wanders downstairs.  Her wide eyes told me to take a few quick pictures and RUN! 


My daughter and her husband are foster parents.  There was a situation in his family last year and to keep the little girl from going to a strange family they decided to take the classes and got certified and have been caring for her ever since.    If her parents are not able to work out their issues soon, the grandparents plan on adopting her.  She turned 2 last week and we went over for cake.  My daughter likes to bake.... when she has time...

New Jersey has wonderful fruit and vegetables!   And it's now cherry season!  We went to a farm today and picked about 20 lbs.  There were rows and rows and rows of trees.  Sweet and delicious!


Next week is a blur and it hasn't even happened yet.  My son's last day of high school was last week.  A few days of graduation practice, Senior/Parent luncheon, Baccalaureate, Graduation, and then a few parties.  He's starting college in the Fall.  His major is Communications.   I don't know how all this happened.  They say time flies... and it must be true because it seems that he was just in grade school.  And now he's graduating and is driving and will be 18 in a few weeks.  


So aside from all the mid-week school activies, I'm meeting someone tomorrow who ordered a special birthday card.  Cleaning has to happen at some point because my inlaws will be here after graduation.  I have an appt. on Friday with my gastro specialist for yet another health issue, a lecture to attend that evening, and a craft fair over the weekend.   Our niece graduates high school next week as well and her sister graduates middle school too.  I think my hubby will be our family representative for those things.  I still have to put a little grad/birthday party together for a few of our friends who want to help us celebrate.     
Busy busy.  Please send a few extra hours my way and a whole lot of ENERGY! 

What have you been up to??



5 comments:

  1. Love the photo of Greta! She looks so much like my previous cat, Jerry. Yup...he too would get that same wide eyed look in his eyes whenever anyone came to visit.

    Gorgeous cake! OMG, it looks soooooo delicious! I just wanna take my finger and scoop up some of that icing!!!

    Don't ya just love the produce during the summer months? That's probably the only thing I really enjoy about summer - the bountiful and yummy produce that's available. I still haven't had any cherry's or watermelon yet.

    LOVE the blur shot, M! Yes, I've been seeing quite a few graduation parties going on in Philly at some of the hotels the past few weeks.

    You DO sound busy! Next week is going to be the same for me because of Father's Day in retail. I'm working A LOT more hours than I normally do, but I'm glad about that because I'll have for the whole month of July. Yaaaaaaaaaay!

    Have a great week, neighbor! And enjoy that cooler weather we're getting. I am so over the heat!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow M! You DO sound incredibly busy!!! Life changes a bit without kids in the house!! I hear ya though....it is amazing how fast the time flies!!

    Usually we are tending to our own cherry tree, but with all of the running around and traveling back and forth, we just decided it was too much work this year. We didn't spray, so we will have a year without the cherries this year. As you said, there are LOTS around to pick up at the Farmer's Market!! Your daughter's cake looks amazing!! And what a super cute kitty!! Let's hope this coolish weather lasts a little. I HATE the heat and humidity!! Positive vibes comin' your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's scary just how fast time flies, especially once one is retired.

    What a lovely thing it is that your daughter and SIL have done to look after that little girl.

    Your coming week sure sounds like it will be a busy one. I have nothing planned, but then we have been busy holidaying the past couple of months. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful updates, Mary! What a wonderful thing your daughter and her husband have been doing for the little girl. And yes...how time flies! You and your husband will soon be empty nesters :)

    I love fresh produce and the NJ corn is the best...not sure I can eat that too much with this diverticulitis :((

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!