Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Celebrating good times ....

Is it 2011 already?!?!  It really doesn't seem like that long ago that my son was a little boy, just starting to go to school, playing with trucks and dinosaur toys, building with blocks, learning Boy Scout things.  He was cute and shy and curious and loving.  


Of course, he still is all of that but now a bit taller, plays a mean guitar, and just graduated high school.  

When I posted some pictures on FB, a friend of ours said he doesn't look very thrilled here.  He was in the front row, so looking out into the stands and seeing all the waving, clapping, happy parents, family, and friends of his graduating class probably made him feel a little nervous at first.  So he's just reserved, not miserable. 


But after receiving his diploma, he was more relaxed and happy.  
You did it, son!!   Good for YOU!   


It's been 9 years since my daughter graduated.  NINE?  Gimme a minute... let me count... three, five, seven.., YUP, nine!   There are my babies ... all grown up. 


We clean up pretty good, huh?
 

But one little note to self:   GO ON A DIET!!  Damn, woman you are a whole lotta Momma now compared to wayyyy back when your daughter graduated....


Eh, no sense living in the past, right?   And if pasta and chocolate have given my hubby and kids a little more to love, so be it.  

Moving right along....
This cute bear was from our son's grandparents.  It plays 'Pomp and Circumstance'



We had a small party to celebrate Ron graduating.  I told him to ask some friends over if he wanted.  A couple kids did stop by but probably only to wait until Ron was free to leave and go to another party where I'm sure there was drinking allowed.  He told me that many kids do party on the weekend (yeah, I was a teenager once, I remember a few wild nights) and many parents allowed alcohol at their kids grad parties, but I'm one of those law-abiding citizens who chose to NOT serve minors in our house.  The adults drank though... OH YES WE DID!    Is that so wrong??

Out of the cap and gown, and into the bandana and cut off shirt... comfort!  Goes with his chillaxin' guitar player image now. 
He's with my sister in the photo.  She's just a few years younger than I am and her son is the same age as my daughter.  They spent alot of time together as children. 

                               

Yes, my daughter made his cake.  She was bothered that the letters were not centered.  No one noticed.... and it was DELICIOUS! 

So for now, we're letting him enjoy a little free time but very soon he'll be job hunting to help with car and other expenses.  College seems so far off, but really it's only a couple of months away.   He's planning a degree in Communications. 

Wishing him, his classmates, and all the other many graduates of 2011 a very happy and fulfilling future! 

5 comments:

  1. A HUGE congrats to your son Ron!

    And it's so funny to see his/my name on that delicious-looking cake!

    What faaaaaaabulous photos, M! You really know how to capture the moments.

    It's amazing, but both your children look so much like you and hubby together. Especially your daughter!

    So glad you had a great time celebrating with family and friends.

    God, I gradutated in 1974! I can't even remember it - HA!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Ron...both of your kids do look like you both!! Great memories to share! I have no idea where the time goes either...NONE!! Wasn't it just yesterday that my little girl was playing with Barbie??? Now she's running a business and has her own home...own car...own boat! It is totally amazing. Now I know what my mom meant when she said that life goes faster as we get older!

    You were smart about the drinking thing...so many parents today are not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Facebook - Congratulations again Ron!

    I love the photos Mary. You and your hubby have every right to be very proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron, my hubby probably saw 'Ron' on the cake and thought... awww, for ME!! We always called our son Ronnie, but now he's getting older and prefers Ron.

    Jeanne, yes, it's sweet how they look a bit like both of us. Except sometimes people tell my daughter she looks like my sister. I don't quite see that though too much.

    Akelamalu, thanks for visiting both places. I do love FB! I was happy that I could visit your blog page again. Computer has been a bit wonky lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, what a wonderful day and a huge milestone! I love all the family photos. Your son has such a free spirit look to him. My son will be there in 3 years!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!