Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tranquil ~ Agitated

The theme for today at Two 4 Tuesday is 'Tranquil ~ Agitated' and you can post one photo that captures both, or a single photo that captures either one, or two photos that capture one theme in each.  

Ollie is our Vizsla.  He'll be 9 this November.  Vizsla's generally turn white around the head and feet as they age.  Some of them start changing early as ours did.  
Ollie is a sweetheart!  Yes, he's temperamental and clingy and with age has started to get a bit grumbly sometimes.  But he's a loving, affectionate cuddler too.  We adore him.

Here he is in his 'tranquil' state.


We didn't plan on getting another dog when we did, but Reverend (because he has a cross of white on his chest) Rev for short, was in need.  We took in the scared, hungry, puppy .... but look at him now, going on 5 and totally in control.  Ollie likes having a companion though, and they are together every day.  But since Rev became the dominant dog after he grew and got stronger, poor Ollie looks like he's getting munched on.  They really are just playing.  However, Ollie does look quite agitated, doesn't he?  


You should see them now though... both asleep on the couch.  Rev is on top of the back cushions, totally flattening them out!  And Ollie, underneath the covers, is snoring away.   

So what makes you tranquil / agitated?? 

6 comments:

  1. "But he's a loving, affectionate cuddler too. We adore him."

    Aww....how sweet! And he DOES look like a cuddler!

    What makes me tranquil?

    The sound of a babbling brook.
    The sound of rain.

    What make me agitated?

    Summer HEAT!
    People who walk too slow.

    Fab post, M!

    Happy Tuesday!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet dogs, I like Ollie! They are both precious.

    What makes me tranquil?
    Playing QRANK or sudoku.
    Wandering around in my garden or driveway.
    Reading.

    What makes me agitated?
    Rushing, definitely rushing.
    Scheduling myself too tightly.
    People who thrive on drama!

    Nice post, Mary, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Akelamalu. I was going to go with a picture of a greeting card, finished all prettily, and then show a photo of the tables in my craft room which would make people wonder how I ever get anything done in there. LOL I'll have to keep that in mind for a future blog post... maybe even for my craft blog.

    Ron, Vizslas are called 'velcro' dogs because they just attach themselves to you. They like to touch.
    Rain can go either way with me.
    OH the heat is dreadful lately, isn't it. Bleh!

    Olivia, I used to be more of a cat person but the dogs have definitely grown on me. And the cat we have now is a real brat so Ollie the snuggler is definitely easy to love!
    Hmm... sudoku used to get me a bit agitated. LOL Couldn't always figure out what numbers went where.
    OH but how I adore reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are both adorable M!!! And I bet they are best buds!

    Let's see tranquil and agitated...does my husband count???? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!