I'm so sorry that I've only been able to visit a couple of your blogs lately. This time of year for most people is usually hectic but for us it's a little more so because Ron's birthday, my birthday, and our anniversary is around Thanksgiving. We managed to do a bit of celebrating in between the kitchen project and the other happenings.
This pretty basket of flowers arrived on my birthday from hubby.
We went to an Italian restaurant for my birthday. The dinner was delicious and so was the chocolate cake we ordered for dessert. Layers of decadence.
Our 28th anniversary was over the weekend. We headed over to one of our favorite restaurants to have brunch and found that the town was having their Christmas parade. We watched as we walked towards the restaurant and I took a few pictures. The Phanatic is the mascot for the Philadelphia Phillies. He should have been riding on a big float in Center City awhile back to celebrate them winning the World Series but that's a rant for another time. It wasn't HIS fault they blew it. He's always fun to see though, even on the back of a pick-up truck in a local parade.
From our table at the restaurant we were able to watch the rest of the parade. Hello Santa and Mrs. Claus! I've been a very good girl and would like World Peace for Christmas, please and thank you.
Since there has been limited time available for working on the kitchen we were originally going to keep the faux lattice that he painted around the top of the kitchen a few years ago. We both liked it and it was still in good shape but once he painted all the cabinets bright white it ended up looking very dingy and didn't really match anymore. He wasn't all that happy with me for the last minute change but he got glad again pretty quick. :)
Working into the wee hours of the morning yesterday, Ron managed to get the floor in just in time for the appliance delivery. He was literally laying the last few pieces when the dogs alerted us to the truck arriving.
This refridgerator was in the house when we bought it, almost 20 years ago and it was 10-12 years old then! It's on the porch now still holding a few items that have to be transferred to the new one. It never needed servicing and for as small as it is it managed to handle all our food.
And here's the new one. Pretty sad that all we have in there so far is an ice pack and a few drinks but I'm hoping to go grocery shopping tomorrow.
I'm almost afraid to use our new stove. It's so shiny and clean. Take-out is getting really old though. A fresh hot pizza is usually a yummy treat but since things are finally getting back together in our little kitchen I'm looking forward to channeling my inner Nigella again. I have no idea how to do convection cooking and the center burner accommodates a griddle that was included so I suppose I'll be whipping up pancakes soon enough.
This picture probably doesn't quite go in a kitchen but it's been out there for awhile and I couldn't part with it. It's a print of the painting 'Romeo and Juliet' by Sir Frank Dicksee.
It's not quite finished, still have to put the cabinet pulls on, they came today, yay! I need to replace old dishes and mugs. A new crock pot is on the shopping list, as is a new coffee pot and toaster, but we're very happy to have a kitchen again. It would have been nice to be able to remodel it completely but this was the next best thing.
In other news: I have a craft event to attend this weekend. Actually, I'm helping a neighbor run a booth that she and her friend have but in exchange for my time they are letting me show some of my jewelry and allowing me keep my own profit. So I have to go through all of the bags in my craft case and pick out certain items because since it's their booth, my space will be very limited.
I made up a bunch of bags of Snowman Poop and Reindeer Food. If they don't sell before Christmas, the mini-marshmallows will go into our holiday hot chocolates and I'll make oatmeal for breakfast from now until Valentine's Day.
I'll get around to visit your blogs just as soon as I can. xo















Wow! So many positive things happening all at once. Seems karma is finally catching up! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and somebody strap down the Phanatic. It looks like that guy is about to come tumbling outta that truck! ;-)
Very nice work on the kitchen you two!
ReplyDeleteLooks like the same range we went with. Samsung?
Convection cooking is awesome. Much more even cooking and it reduces the overall cooking time too.
Kudos on the redo!!!
Hope you and Ron had Happy Birthdays and an AWESOME Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know, it's been insanely busy for so many people right now, with the holidays - so no worries, my friend.
Gosh, in about two more weeks, I'll be taking my annual Christmas break from blogging because work will be getting insane with overtime hours.
Wonderful photos! Beautiful flowers! And OMG....that chocolate cake looks BEYOND decadence - yummmmmmy!
Your kitchen project is coming along beautifully! Hey, that new refrigerator and stainless steel stove are INCREDIBLE! They SHINE!
Thanks for updating us on what's going on. Glad to see you posted!
Have a great week, M!
X
P.S. and I hope you sell LOTS at your craft even this weekend. You GO, girl!
HT, thanks! The PP gets pretty crazy. It's that hot fuzzy suit. haha
ReplyDeleteJeff, yes Samsung, for the fridge too. We had Fridgedaires picked out and then switched. Glad we did. These were both more expensive but I think some of the features will be pretty cool.
For such a small kitchen we thought we'd never get this far along. I can't even imagine what trouble gutting it would have been.
Ron, yes, despite being so busy we did enjoy our celebration days.
Ron worked really hard to get things together. He had very little spare time and it seemed that everything that could go wrong did. The sink we picked out didn't fit and had to be returned. So the one we got wasn't our best choice but it was the only one that would work with our counter. Then after he replaced plumbing for it to be installed something was leaking. Not a happy man at that point. Lots of cursing. haha He had to go back to the store again for more supplies. There was a wallpaper border that had to be removed and there were more curse words invented during that job. Some electrical work needed doing and that was a mess so we still might have to call an electrician to change a few things. The new light fixture didn't make it in yet. There was also a leak while hooking up the water lines for the fridge. It was alot of work for a little job but these old houses just don't quite cooperate all the time. It's fresh and clean now though and we will enjoy it alot more than what was out there before.
Hope you get all NICE customers this holiday season!!!
Those appliances look very elegant. I could do with a shake-up in my kitchen. I like the Romeo and Juliet painting, even in a kitchen. It's probably quite soothing when you're up to your eyes in cooking.
ReplyDeleteThose appliances look very elegant. I could do with a shake-up in my kitchen. I like the Romeo and Juliet painting, even in a kitchen. It's probably quite soothing when you're up to your eyes in cooking.
ReplyDeleteWell Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you both!
ReplyDeleteYour new kitchen is looking very swish!
Happy All That Stuff :)
ReplyDeletewhat a busy time but lovely celebrations
how cool to watch a parade from your table
I love how the kitchen looks!!!
We have the EXACT SAME refrigerator, Mary! I like it, but it is sort of cheaply made at the welds up in the top corners. And I'm not crazy about the computerized panel on the front (or any computer whatsoever).
ReplyDeleteYou have so much going on, but it all sounds pretty good. You'll soon be glad you had all of this done and it will be but a distant memory!
Thanks for sharing your life with us, xoO
Let's see M....I'm so behind! Happy, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Your husband did an awesome job in the kitchen! OMG! LOOK at those appliances....LOVE them!! Bet you can't wait for the holidays now that you have your new Kitchen!!
ReplyDeleteWow Mary! Looks like you guys have been busy, busy, busy! Happy belated birthday to you. Breen just cleaned out our fridge and it looks almost as new as yours :)
ReplyDeleteI am at a new home...come over to the new blog for a visit!