That's what I feel like lately! How did it get to be mid-November??? Maybe time is some crazy puzzle and if I can figure it out I'll be granted a little more of it.
Yes, I am already aware that I don't manage the time I do have any given day all that well. You really don't want me to talk about perimenopause and all the fun that's been, do you?? Didn't think so. To sum it up, most days I feel like I'm just walking in circles. I have about 5 different projects going on at all times and can't seem to get any of them completed. I never really know exactly what it is that I should be doing. Other than watching Y & R while sipping a lunch cocktail anyway. ;)
The house needs my attention, the holidays are fast approaching and there are many tasks to do to get ready but with the kitchen project going on things are in a bit of disarray. Items from out there are stacked up in the dining room. Hubby is doing the best he can to get the room inhabitable again. He had a day off yesterday, which he doesn't get many of, but he worked ALL DAY out there. He scrubbed the walls and cabinets with TSP while I filled holes, cracks, and gashes, with wood putty (yeah, we're keeping those VERY OLD cabinets, just fixing them up), and ran out for food and coffee as needed. Wasn't he sweet to give me the easy jobs.
He managed to get 2 layers of flooring up too!! Tonight he wants to sand things down and I'm supposed to pick out new hardware for the cabinets and drawers. Do you know that when you type in 'cabinet pulls' at Home Depot's website, almost 1,600 items come up? Where's my martini, it's going to be a long afternoon!
We still haven't found a fridge and stove. He said it would be fine to put the fridge where the table is now but when he measured our door openings...we found the next glitch. They won't accommodate most of the ones we looked at before. Damn, people were skinny 80 years ago and they bought skinny stuff!
Well, I don't know much about power tools but how hard can it be to make a bigger opening, with say, uh, a chainsaw??? You just plug it in and turn it on and cut out what you want, right?? Bzzzz... DONE! I might give that a go later this week. Stay tuned.
What's keeping you busy these days?



We are just finishing major renovations. What a lot of stress and work! I hope you find a way to fit everything in where it belongs. :-)
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't like to handle that chainsaw. The amount of damage I'd do would be horrendous. Busy? Not so much these days, I'm afraid.
ReplyDeleteLOVE that cat picture, Mary!
ReplyDeleteThe older we get, the quicker times seems to go, right?
Sending you some positive energy that you get everything you need and that it fits - soon!
I have to chime in with Nitebyrd and say, I LOVE that cat picture!
ReplyDeleteIt's faaaaaabulous!
I so totally know what you mean about the time flying by. OMG, I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving Day is only a few weeks away, and then before we know it....Christmas!
LOVE the shot of your kitchen in progress. I know it may seem like a TON work right now, but oh, just think of how wonderful it's going to be when it's complete!
Have a great rest of your week, M!
(((( You ))))
X
P.S. can you believe how WARM it was today? It felt like SUMMER!
"In this edition of 'This Old House' we focus on the Steel 2000 BMFC Chainsaw and martinis..."
ReplyDeleteHeh!
I feel like I'm being pulled in a zillion different directions too. Maybe it's our age? I don't know...but if you find out a cure...let me know PLEASE!!! Kitchen will be great when it's done! We were so glad to finish the upstairs bath, and our kitchen has been put on hold indefinitely. The car came first. That was a necessity!! Hugs to you, M!!
ReplyDeleteWOW that's certainly a 'work in progress'! Good luck with it all. x
ReplyDeleteI hate renovation and cleaning and fixing and ...
ReplyDeleteI'm going to live in a cave
love the cat
and the last shot is priceless
I watched from my living room window as my neighbors had their kitchen renovated. The whole having strangers in your house for two months sucks, maybe even moreso than the work of doing it yourself.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, the choices in something as simple as cabinet hardware is daunting to me as well.