*CLICK PIC*
OH so you thought it would be finished??
What can I say, we're working like rats on crack but still have a little further to go. Hubby borrowed a spray machine from work to hurry things along. And he has off 4 days for the Thanksgiving holiday so he said we'll be *almost* finished by the end of the weekend. By then, we'll just be waiting on appliance delivery. :)
The handles for the cabinets are ordered. Unfortunately, they are very plain. Something about the holes in our cabinets not being standard size anymore and hubby not wanting to fill and redrill more holes because the cabinets are OLD and can't take too much stress, etc. etc. WHATEVER! We ordered ones that would fit. End of story.
So I managed to clean half of our glassware. Apparently, we like to drink. And I'm wondering how fun I was during my cobalt blue phase.
IN OTHER MORE IMPORTANT NEWS:
I'm starting my birthday celebrating tonight. It's not officially until tomorrow, but since I'm one of those silly people that just loves their birthday, I'm getting everything out of it that I can. If you're extra nice to me, I might share some of my cake with you. ;) Okay, go ahead, taste it. I know you want to!
My hubby planned an activity for me to do tomorrow night. He's taking me to a gun range so I can learn to shoot. Seriously. It was one of those 'bucket' list items I guess I told him about awhile back and he remembered.
I have mixed views about it. On one hand, I hate guns. I don't ever want to own one or have one in my home. But knowing how to use one is a different thing. So just for the experience of it, I think it will be very interesting. And just that my sweetie continues to think of different things for us to do is totally cool.
Belle Starr and Jesse James, out for an evening of fun! Keep your doors locked and your lights out tomorrow...we may be heading to your town.



♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸♪ღ♪░H░A░P░P░Y░ B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░░♪ღ♪
ReplyDelete♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.♪ღ♪
OK, that didn't work...
ReplyDelete✄╔╗─╔╗
✄║║─║║
✄║╚═╝╠══╦══╦══╦╗─╔╗
✄║╔═╗║╔╗║╔╗║╔╗║║─║║
✄║║─║║╔╗║╚╝║╚╝║╚═╝║
✄╚╝─╚╩╝╚╣╔═╣╔═╩═╗╔╝
✄───────║║─║║─╔═╝║
✄───────╚╝─╚╝─╚══╝
✄╔══╗───╔╗╔╗───╔╗──────╔╗
✄║╔╗║──╔╝╚╣║───║║──────║║
✄║╚╝╚╦╦╩╗╔╣╚═╦═╝╠══╦╗─╔╣║
✄║╔═╗╠╣╔╣║║╔╗║╔╗║╔╗║║─║╠╝
✄║╚═╝║║║║╚╣║║║╚╝║╔╗║╚═╝╠╗
✄╚═══╩╩╝╚═╩╝╚╩══╩╝╚╩═╗╔╩╝
✄──────────────────╔═╝║
✄──────────────────╚══╝
Ah, that's so awesome! Thank you, Birdie! x
ReplyDeleteLOVE how when you click on the photo is opens the door!
ReplyDeleteThat's sooooooooo cool!!
And OMG....even from just the one photo, your kitchen project looks wonderful! I adore cobalt blue glass, and also went through that phase.
Have a HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday, my friend. And enjoy your day tomorrow. I too went to gun range and learned out to shoot a gun. I was scared at first because I had never even held a gun, let alone shoot one. But, I have to tell you....it was a BLAST!
Also, I want to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
Thank you for being such a wonderful and loyal blogging friend. I feel blessed in knowing you!
(((((( Mary )))))))
X
The house is looking great! No doubt quite a bit blood, sweat, and tears when into that thing.
ReplyDeleteAaaand....Happy Birthday! What are you? 28? :-)
Yeah, learn how to shoot. My wife is also hesitant about guns. We have a shotgun and I'm building an AR-15 at the moment. Karin wasn't too sure about guns, but she now knows how to handle and shoot them, and feels more comfortable about them now. The way I see it, I'd rather be able to defend the family than rely on the police to show up at my time of need.
It will be worth all the work when you finally get the kitchen you want. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you for tomorrow m'deario - go enjoy. xx
Ron, thanks for the good wishes!
ReplyDeleteI don't really remember ever using those glasses. I know we have a set of assorted blue and white dishes that have an asian design so maybe I bought them for that.
Ron can't seem to get me to buy extra toilet paper but I definitely have enough glassware. Hey, you never know when a party might start!
Happy Thankgsiving! You'll probably want to scream by the end of Black Friday weekend though. haha!
Hugs, my friend. You're a joy to know.
HT, I think this is my 39th... eh, okay, maybe it's the 8th anniversary of. hehe
ReplyDeleteMy SIL's name is 'Karin'. :)
Police in our area are actually pretty good but there is value to knowing how to defend yourself too of course. I won't be asking for a weapon for Christmas or a gift certificate to the gun shop, haha, but just having a lesson or two might be interesting enough.
Akelamalu, the kitchen I really want would be a total renovation! Unfortunately, the funds or the time weren't there for that. This is the next best thing but I'm sure it'll be wonderful. We're looking forward to getting it finished.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wishes. xo
I clicked the pic... how clever of you to reveal hubby at work that way.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad someone else had a blue phase!
Wishing you a happy birthday. Thanks for letting me sample that gorgeous cake. Hope you have/had a fabulous time.
Have a wonderful birthday in spite of being like a rat on crack! LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm kinda liking the blue glasses.
And, I'd love for you to come visit. Bring the glasses and I'll have something to fill them with!
I loved your "rats on crack" expression! I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I know what you mean about guns...but on the other hand it is so empowering to be able to keep yourself safe. For a time I owned a gun, and it was important to me to be able to know how to use it. Anyway, I hope you have a great day...the kitchen will be fabulous soon, I'm sure of it! Happy Birthday! xoO
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like there might be an end in sight to the remodel. Yeah for you. Probably a pain to deal with in the short term, but it will be sooooooo worth it once it's done.